Sequel: Time Will Tell.
Status: Finished and posting sequel, 'Time Will Tell.' :)

You Found Me

Our Last Summer.

I gasped in horror and fell back in shock. Jodie was dying? Now? How could she? I knew what terminal brain tumor meant. She could have up to a month if she's lucky. I couldn't help thinking, how stupid and blind I was for not seeing this coming. 'Oh God, Oh God.' I crumpled and backed away from the laptop. I fell against the coffee table and knocked all of its contents off. I choked out, and gasped, rubbing my hands across my face, trying to calm myself. I could feel my eyes starting to glaze. Aledreo watched me suspiciously. "Are you okay, babe..." He glanced at the computer screen. "Oh, god..." He paused, quickly closing the laptop, and rushing to my side. "Samantha, I'm so, so, sorry. I know they must have been special to you."

That was all it took. Big fat tears welled and fell across my dainty, pale cheeks. "Poor, poor Jodie. I'm such a horr-horri-" I couldn't even say it properly. "I'm such a bitch, Aledreo!"
"No you're not," He hushed, wiping my tears away, with his firm thumbs. "You're so gorgeous baby, how could you even say that?"
I cried even harder. I was going to live, and have someone so perfect, so beautiful and I didn't even deserve it. Jodie deserved to. She deserved every last happiness. She deserved everything she craved for-But couldn't have. She resented me for almost eagerly giving up everything she wanted. How could I hate her for manipulating me? For wanting something so much, she'd die for it? To want happiness for her husband? To ease his pain?
No, I couldn't even bring myself to hate her for doing this to me. For trapping me, for doing all of this.

I cried, and cried and cried. Aledreo just held me while I sobbed. I finally stopped when my thoughts all concluded on one word. Jodie's happiness = A baby. I sniffled and wiped my nose on the back of my sleeve. Big fat tears still welled over in big splashes.

Maybe I could give that to her. Maybe I could grant her dying wish. I tugged lightly out of Aledreo’s grip, and reached for my phone. I raced through, hoping I wasn't dreaming that someone actually put that number on my phone. I looked through and sighed in relief when I found it. "Excuse me, I'll be one second," I mouthed at Aledreo. He nodded and held his hands up, as if to say he wasn't going to stop me. I wondered why I hadn't deleted it. I guessed I just forgot after everything that happened.

I waited for the rings, and it took only three when suddenly it stopped.
"Hello?" The voice asked, sounding weaker, less amused, less everything. He sounded drained-Not that I could blame him. It was still American and musical.
"Hello, Nick?" I asked breathing into the phone and sniffling again. "Hey It's Samantha. I know what's happened. And I think I can help...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Our Last Summer is such a good song, and really relates to this story. :) Please comments ? We need some to keep us motivated. Haha. :D