Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 12

“Rose, why do I always have to wake you up? Isn't that what your alarm clock is for?” Mel mumbled.

“Five more minutes, Mel”, I said as I dug my face deeper into my pillow.

“Rosealina Sanchez!” Mel exclaimed in a firm tone. “Get your ass out of bed right now before I get Nick to do it for me”, she threatened.

I scoffed, not believing her.

“Fine. Have it your way”, she said, walking to my closet.

Soon enough, there was a knock at the door.

“Who the hell is that?” I whispered to her, my eyes widening as I sat up abruptly.

She didn't.

Melanie smirked. She was dressed in her uniform for school. A blue dress shirt with a light blazer, the color a deep, dark red. Her plaid skirt fit her perfectly, along with her black converses. I gasped.

She held in one hand two hangers; one with my shirt with a white tank on top of it, the other with my skirt.

“Just a minute, Nick”, she replied to the door.

“I am going to kill you”, I said while giving her my fake pissed off face.

“Whatever”, she said with a laugh.

I smiled as she handed me the hangers. I grabbed a bra and a pair of socks from my closet, leaving the jacket in there until I was finished getting dressed.

I walked in the bathroom grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste and began brushing my teeth. Once I finished, I put my toothbrush back as I grabbed my hair brush, brushing my dark brown hair after taking the hair tie out, parting it to the left and brushing it down.

Sighing, I quickly changed out of my Pjs and into my bra and uniform. I'm glad Mel chose one of my long-sleeve shirts for me, otherwise, I'd be screwed. The skirt stopped mid-thigh and was sort of weighted to prevent the wind from blowing it up. It's a change that was made to the skirts my Freshman year.

I took my pjs and threw them into my hamper and took a breath before opening the door.

Nick was sitting on my somehow made bed in his uniform. His beige pants fit him nicely as did his long-sleeved, blue uniform shirt. He wore a white t-shirt underneath it. He didn't have his blazer, but he did have a matching colored backpack. He even wore white converses. I smiled. His eyes whipped over to me.

“W-wow”, he stuttered.

I saw Mel suppress a laugh as she filled her backpack with the basic materials on the first, yet, not first day of school; pens, pencils, two spiral notebooks, a calculator, and her phone.

“Hi”, I said shyly, the heat rising in my cheeks, a smile still playing my lips.

“You look great”, he complimented.

“Thanks. So do you”, I replied honestly.

“Thank you”, he said sheepishly.

I walked to my closet, pulling out my black and pink Airwalks as well as my backpack. It was a messenger bag. The design was white and blue checkered all over.

I walked to my desk, opening the bottom drawer on the right, pulling out two spirals and pencil pouch, it already filled with my necessary writing utensils as well as highlighters and a calculator. I grabbed my Iphone off of the charger, set it to vibrate, and grabbed a pack of gum as well as a stick of lip balm.

I applied some to my lips and threw a piece of gum into my mouth, throwing the wrapper into the bag as well as the pack of gum and lip balm.

I checked the time on the alarm clock. It read 7:30 A.M.

“We're making good timing”, I said with relief.

“So, where do we need to go?” Mel asked.

“Well-”, I began, but the intercom interrupted me.

“Good morning New Preston. My name is Mrs. Thorne, your principal. Right now, we'll be telling each grade level where to report to so you can receive your schedules, so please pay attention. I'll only say this once, so pay attention”, Mrs. Thorne stressed on the intercom.

Mel and Nick exchanged nervous glances, then looked at me for a moment, Nick's eyes resting on mine longer than Mel's.

“Freshman will report to Building B, the gym to receive your schedules. All Sophomores will report to Building C, in the Study Hall. Juniors are to go to Building A, the Academic Building and Seniors will report to the Dorm Advisory Building. You all have five minutes. Anyone whom isn't in class by 8 will receive a tardy. That is all”, she concluded.

The intercom was turned off. I checked the time again. It read 7:40 this time.

“Oh, shit”, I mumbled.

Nick stood and helped me up as I grabbed my key. Mel grabbed her bag, key, and phone and we rushed through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's FINALLY the somewhat official first day of school for the trio! :) Now the real drama begins.

The next update will hopefully be tomorrow, depending on whether or not I'll type up the rest of the chapters I've written so far.

I'd like to welcome whomever the new subscriber is by dedicating this chapter to you... whoever you are. :)

So, what'd you guys think?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.