Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 15

I went back to Mel and I's dorm, exchanging my English book for my Algebra II book. I grabbed my wallet and pulled out a $20 bill, proceeding out of the room, locking it once more.

The walk back down the steps was lonely. I'd wondered why Nick defended me so quickly. Did it have anything to do with our talk last night? Why the hell does he keep staring at me, anyway?

Once I reached the cafeteria, I sighed again. This was the lonely part about being a returning student. If I didn't have Nick or Mel, I'd be alone, just as I was last year after I broke up with Brian and stopped being friends with Jake.

I got into one of the hot lines for Subway (yes, my school serves Subway) and ordered a foot-long, flat bread sandwich, choosing a banana, and an apple juice to go with it.

I paid the lady and walked to the empty table. It was clean and had 4 black, empty chairs.

I pulled out my phone, surprised to see I had 2 new text messages; one from Mel, the other from Nick. I read Mel's first.

It's so boring in here. :0 Save me!!!

I laughed lightly and responded.

LOL I had to go through that Freshman year. Sorry I couldn't be there with you.

I checked Nick's text.

Mel had a panic attack. They separated us for ten minutes. -_-

I laughed again.

Did you calm her down? LOL

Mel's text came first again.

That sucks! I should have come here then, too! What are you doing, anyway?

I replied back quickly.

Eating a flat bread from Subway. I miss you guys.

My phone vibrated again. Nick again.

Surprisingly, she did it on her own. She's hungry, though. Oh, and she's “mad” at you.

I smiled.

Oh, well. : P That's too bad. I can't help it that the tour is always boring. Why is she mad at me? :0

I started eating my sub, feeling better with Nick and Mel texting me. My phone vibrated again, but the text was from neither Nick nor Mel.

Hi, honey. It's dad. How's school so far?

I nearly choked on my food.

It's fine, Dad. Boring as usual.

A couple of minutes later, I received his reply.

Really? Vicky said that she loves it so far. She even said you two have English III together.

I rolled my eyes.

Dad, yes, we do, but I'm not in her group. I guess SHE is having a good time, but so far, it's been boring.

I was half-way finished with my sub when I received another text from Dad.

School is never boring, Rosalina. As long as you're with Vicky, it's not. You two have fun together, OK? I have to get back to work.

I scoffed and tossed my phone into my bag. Why does he listen to Vic again?

I wrapped my sub in its wrapper, placing the leftovers into the trash, but leaving the banana and juice on the table. Just as I was about to peel the banana, Victoria walked to my table.

“So, spill. What do you know about Nick?” she asked.

“Um, yeah. You need to get the hell away from my table, OK?” I asked in a serious tone.

“No. I want Nick and you're going to help me get him”, she said in an ordering tone.

“Fuck off, Vic! Nick is my friend. You have Jake and Brian! Why can't you just be happy?” I asked in a harsh whisper.

“Because I want everything you have and you know I always get my way”, she replied.

She opened her mouth to speak, but someone interrupted her.

“Um, what the hell are you doing here at our table? Don't you need to go whore yourself around someone right now?” Mel asked with her hands on her hips.

Vic scowled and got up, but took one step closer to Mel, her eyes blue.

“Listen, bitch”, she began, “I'm the one who can make your life here a living hell, so leave me alo-”, but another voice cut across her.

“Vic, what the fuck?!” Brian yelled. He quickly approached us.

“I thought we agreed not to talk to that nobody or her friends again”, he growled, turning her to face him.

“I know, Baby, but Rose asked me to come here”, she lied.

“What?!” Brian said angrily, his eyes on me now.

“Why can't you just accept the fact that you've tortured Vic enough? I've moved on and no matter how many times you try to persuade Vic to get me back with you, it's not going to happen! I mean”, he sighed, “I know we had sex, but seriously, Rose, I don't-”, but I interrupted him.

“I don't know what you're talking about, Brian. I don't want-”, but Vic cut across me.

“Yes, you do, Rose! Don't lie! You told me yesterday, remember?” Vic interjected.

“No, I-”, I tried, but Brian cut me off.

“Save it. You're a horrible person and you need to see that. Hopefully, one day you will. Come on, Vic”, he said, wrapping his arm around her. They walked back to their table.

Mel sat down with her mouth open.

“OK. What the hell is Vic talking about? I know Brian was probably basing his judgments from Vic, but when did you meet up with Vic and talked to her?” she asked.

“Yesterday... after you finished your shower”, I answered in shame.

“WHAT?!” she whispered harshly.

“Yeah, I-”, I began, but she interrupted me also.

“Why the hell would you talk to her? What would possess you to-” she tried, but I cut across her this time.

“Mel, let me explain-”, I tried, but she interrupted me again.

“You'd better explain in the next 5 minutes because-”, I interrupted her again.

“Here, Mel, jeez!” I nearly yelled, handing her my phone.

She took it, looking at me with squinted eyes.

“Go to my voice recordings and you'll find out-”, I began, but a sharp pain went through my heart. I frowned in pain.

I stood and sped-walked out of the cafeteria.

“Shit”, I mumbled once I made it out the doors, ignoring Mel's calls.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think of Vic now?

Do you think Rose will tell Mel about her heart pains?

Do you think Rose will be OK?

I'm down to like, 2 chapters, ugh, so I'll have to start writing some more. No worries, though. I'll have more written by Wednesday. :D

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.