Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 26

I waited patiently as Mel constantly talked about seeing Joe tomorrow. I smiled as she practically glowed with her smile.

It was currently lunch time and I had taken a temporary break from my McChicken and McDouble as well as my English homework for the weekend; another chapter of The Odyssey. Oh, the joy.

I wondered how Nick's parents were or what would happen once we got there. Would his parents accept me for not waiting until marriage or would they be judgmental like everyone else?

“Babe, are you OK?” Nick asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him and a concerned Mel, whom stopped talking to focus on me.

“Yeah. Just thinking is all,” I replied.

“About what?” he asked.

“Well, I just hope your parents won't judge me for not being a virgin or my very dirty mouth,” I admitted making a mental note not to curse in front of or in his parent's house.

“It's going to be fine, Rose. Just use other words like jerk or douche as substitutes. I'm nervous, too,” Mel admitted, placing a hand on top of mine.

“Yeah,” I agreed, not really finding her words as comforting as I used to.

My mind fell on Vic for some reason. I felt like something was going to happen. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad, but it was there. I tried shaking the negativity away. I was with Nick and he was happy with me. I can only hope nothing goes wrong when we come back.

-Later that day-

“I'm sure I packed everything I need, Mel,” I answered for the fifth time.

We were triple checking everything to make sure we had everything and didn't forget anything. I didn't bother looking through my things since I only packed what was necessary; two days worth clothes and two pairs of PJ's as well as two pairs of shoes, my camera, some film, cell phone, and A.P. Psych book. We were assigned more flash cards to make. Ugh.

“What about heels and dresses? You know, just in case Joe asks me out on a date?” she rambled.

“Mel, I'll pay for anything we need, OK?” I stressed, rubbing my temples.

“OK,” she agreed grudgingly. “Time?”

“It's almost 4. Nick wants us to be at the airport by 6,” I answered, checking my Iphone and adjusting everything.

I wore dark blue, denim jeans with a purple, spaghetti strap blouse. There were flower designs all over it. I chose to wear my black and white converses, my blue jacket thrown over my shoulder. Mel wore a black shirt that had a yellow smiley face in the middle, light blue jeans and black flip flops. My hair was in a high ponytail, whereas Mel's was down and loose.

I had a blue suitcase with a matching carry-on tote, and a bag. Mel had the same, but the color was all black.

A knock sounded on the door. Right on time.

We walked to the door and opened it, revealing Nick. He wore dark blue jeans, a white v-neck with a black vest on top, and of course, his black and white converses. He, too had a suitcase which was also black as well as a tote. I smiled.

“Hey, baby,” I said cheerfully.

“Hey, babe. Hi, Mel,” he replied before giving me a peck on the lips. “Ready?”

“Yep!” Mel and I said in unison.

We stepped over the threshold and locked the door once more.

Thank you for choosing Travel Airlines. You have now arrived in Dallas, Texas.

My nerves had finally sunk in and we were at the airport in Dallas. Nick held my hand while Mel walked ahead of us, each with our respective luggage.

“So, what's the plan now?” I asked, my nerves making me forget it again.

“We have to wait for Kevin and Joe to come and get us,” Nick answered kindly.

We walked near the entrance of the airport and spotted Kevin, but no Joe.

“Hey, guys,” Kevin said with a smile.

He looked exhausted, like he was ready to climb into bed and just fall asleep any moment.

“Hi,” I said shyly.

“Hey, bro. Thanks for coming so late,” Nick said, hugging him briefly.

It was definitely late. The sky was completely dark. It had to be somewhere between 9-10 pm.

“W-where's Joe?” Mel asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

I felt bad for her wondering the same thing she did.

“Oh, Joe had some homework to catch up on. He's at home, our parent's house, so he couldn't come,” Kevin explained.

“Typical Joe,” Nick mumbled.

“It's alright, Mel,” I tried.

She avoided eye contact with me, but nodded and we proceeded out of the airport with Kevin in the lead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to try to wrap this story up by chapter 50 if not 60 or 70. I have a LOT planned for this story and I know how I want it to go, but that's going to take a lot of time for the sequel.

Once this story is over, I'll hopefully have the chapters for the sequel written and typed so when I start college in January, I'll be able to update frequently.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! ^_^

As always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.Oh! And if you have any questions pertaining to the sequel or this story, then don't be afraid to ask!

Again, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.