Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 27

We reached the Jonas' house an hour later. I groaned mentally. The house was enormous! They even had a HUGE pool in the backyard. It was definitely beautiful.

“Welcome to home, well, our first home,” Kevin said before unlocking the door and opening it.

Mel and I stepped over the threshold, gasping in awe. Despite the semi-darkness, the house was beautiful. The living room had beige carpeting with brown, leather couches. A dark brown coffee table separated the pieces of furniture. To the immediate right of the front door was the kitchen, but it was completely dark in there. To the left was a staircase that led to the higher floors.

“OK, so, Mom said Mel can stay in Joe's room while Rose can stay in Nick's,” Kevin whispered. My eyes widened in shock.

“Um, what?!” I asked in disbelief.

“It's alright, Kev. Get some sleep,” Nick interjected.

“Alright. Goodnight, guys,” Kevin replied. He walked up the stairs, leaving the three of us alone.

“I'll show you where the rooms are,” Nick said before I could speak.

Mel suppressed a chuckle, getting an eye roll from me. We proceeded up the steps two at a time.



Mel nearly ran into Joe's room once we reached the second floor. I suppressed my laughter, Nick's hand somehow finding my own in the darkness.

Two doors down from Mel, we reached Nick's room. The door opened with a slight creak, revealing more darkness. Once we stepped over the threshold, he closed it behind us, flicking the light on.

The carpeting was the same color as the living room was. He had a queen size bed which was covered with a royal blue comforter and 4 large pillows. The headboard was black. There was a large bathroom to the immediate left, while a closet was on the right. He had two dressers as well as two night side tables, all black. An acoustic guitar also black, rested in the far left corner of the room. There was a set of double doors that opened which led to a balcony. The curtains were white, though. Weird.

“Your room is beautiful,” I bushed in a low tone before Nick could ask.

“Thanks,” he replied sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand.

I smiled, blushing a little.

“So, what should we do now?” I asked.

“For now, sleep,” he said with a yawn.

Nick carried his suitcase to the left side of the bed while I carried mine to the right before he could even protest. We both pulled out our respective pajamas.

“Did you want to change in here or-” Nick began, but I cut across him.

“No. I'll change out here. We just have to face away from each other, OK?” I suggested.

“OK,” he agreed. He turned away as I did the same.

I slipped off my jeans and put on my extremely large pair of sweat pants. I took off my previous shirt and put on a white tank top, unfastening my bra, tossing everything into my suitcase. Lastly, I undid my shoelaces and socks, tossing them, too into the suitcase.

A yawn escaped my lips as I sat on my side of the bed, my back still facing Nick.

“Done,” he said in quiet tone.

I stood and turned almost gasping. He was wearing a white tank top, too along with a pair of black pajama pants.

Damn!

“Ready?” he asked before his eyes looked me up and down. “You look nice.”

Nice? Nice? That's it? Wait. Is it just me or do I feel some sexual tension here?

“Thanks. You, too,” I stammered.

“Thank you,” he replied.

We stared at one another as an awkward silence reigned.

“Oh, that's right. I have to call my dad,” I began, but I realized the time difference.

“Your parents are more than likely asleep already, babe. Call them in the morning,” Nick said, climbing into bed. He outstretched one of his hands with a pleading look in his eyes.

I sighed loudly.

“Alright,” I mumbled. I climbed into bed inhaling Nick's scent. It smelled so good.

He wrapped his arms around my torso, breathing into my hair.

“Goodnight, Rose,” he mumbled.

“Goodnight, Nick,” I got out before darkness took over once more.



The following morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and... Why do I feel a tail hitting my feet?

I looked at the foot of my bed, my eyes almost bugging out of their sockets by the big golden retriever panting as his head whipped up at me.

He picked up a piece of paper next to him with his mouth and jumped out of bed, then came to me. I pet his soft head and gingerly took the paper out of his mouth. He took off through the cracked door.

As expected, the “paper” was a note from nick. It read:

Dear Rose,

By the time you read this, I won't be in bed. My mom is cooking breakfast (your favorite, by the way) while my brothers and I set up everything for the barbecue. We have sort of a schedule since my birthday party is today. First, of course, is breakfast. Then, the barbecue. That's when some of my friends from the neighborhood are coming. Finally, will be us time. Don't worry, you don't have to get dressed up or anything. Maybe you can wear.... that black tank top with some jeans. I'll see you when I see you.

-Nick
P.S. You look so beautiful when you're asleep. Oh! And “the dog's” name is Elvis.


I blushed. He thought I looked beautiful even when I'm asleep? He was too sweet.

I got out of bed quickly making it again.

Should I shower? I showered yesterday... Oh, what the hell? I grabbed my towel out of my suitcase as well as my body wash and lotion and clothes Nick specified in the letter and entered the bathroom, closing the door behind me.



The shower was very refreshing. A satisfied sigh escaped my lips as I exited the bathroom, yelping at my best friend sitting on the bed, also fully clothed in a simple, white dress and sandals.

“Mel!” you scared me!” I said, holding a hand to my chest.

“Sorry,” she laughed, quickly looking around the room.

“You look nice,” I commented.

“Thanks. So do you,” she gushed.

“Who's here?” I asked in curiosity.

“Well, the boys, as in Nick and Frankie are downstairs, but their mom is in the kitchen. Joe went with Kevin to buy more barbecue sauce and plastic cups,” Mel explained.

“And Elvis?” I asked with a laugh.

“Frankie's playing with him as we speak,” she replied.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste, getting ready for the day.

..

Once we made it to the first floor, the scent of biscuits, bacon, eggs, and cheese filled the air. I inhaled deeply.

We walked into the kitchen and was greeted by a woman with long, brown hair while the other woman had shoulder length, dark brown curls similar to Nick's and Kevin's.

“Good morning, girls,” she said with a smile while the long-haired girl flashed us a smile while continuing to sort out the vegetables for the barbecue.

“Good morning, Denise, Danielle,” Mel said in a polite manner.

“Hi, Mrs. Jonas, Danielle,” I said, fiddling with my fingers, a bad habit of mine when I'm nervous.

“You must be Rose. Nick has told us so much about you,” Mrs. Jonas gushed, giving me a hug.

I didn't expect that.

“Really, Mrs. Jonas?” I asked in shock.

“Oh, yes and you don't have to be formal, dear. Just call me Denise and my husband Paul,” she said in a kind tone.

“OK, Denise,” I replied. “You must be the infamous Danielle,” I teased expecting a hug from her also.

She giggled a little, giving me a hug.

“Yes, I am. Kevin told you, I'm sure,” she replied with a smile. She looked so happy.

Danielle was very pretty and petite with her white shorts, black strapless shirt, and beige heeled sandals. Denise was dressed in white casual pants with a white button-up, a white shirt underneath along with white sandals.

“Yeah. He did,” I answered. I heard the front door open.

“We're back!” Joe announced.

Mel turned around to help the boys. I was about to do the same until my stomach growled. Denise laughed lightly.

“I think your stomach needs some food first, Rose,” she teased.

“Thank you,” I said sheepishly.

She nodded. I heard mumbled talking in the hallway then saw Joe pass the kitchen while Mel followed him, both of them looking... upset.

I frowned in confusion. What was going on here?
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one week! I'm on a roll!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.