Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 3

Once I made it back to the entrance of the building, I saw Victoria giggling about something as Nick laughed, too. I refrained from rolling my eyes.

As I approached the doors, Victoria stopped me.

“Dearest sister, where are you going?” she asked in the kindest, fake voice I've ever heard.

“To my dorm room, why?” I replied, mimicking her, earning a laugh from Nick.

She pursed her lips, then bit them in anger.

“Because Nicky here”, she began. I saw him flinch from the nickname in disgust. “deserves a tour of the place since he's new and all.”

I sighed in exasperation.

“Sure. Will you be staying, too?” I asked casually.

“No. I have other matters to attend to”, she replied with a smirk as she grabbed her cart of suitcases and prada bag as she walked out of the double doors, leaving me with Nick.

“She always does that”, I said quietly, angry that I fell for her trick again.

“You don't have to if you don't want to, you know? I actually studied the pamphlet and map pretty well, so I think I'm good”, he said casually. I knew that was impossible. The pamphlet was WAY too thick to study and memorize in about a month.

“You're just saying that. It took me a month before I knew where everything was”, I said, sensing him tense a little.

“I-I- how did you know?” he asked in defeat. I giggled.

“Because your voice gives you away”, I replied casually, the words spilling out instantly.

“Hmm”, he said rubbing his chin a little, “I guess I'd better work on that.”

“Yeah. You'd better”, I joked, slapping his chest lightly with my hand. “Oh, yeah. Mrs. Thorne wants to speak to you”, I said remembering her words.

“Oh. Are you sure it's OK?” he asked referring to earlier.

“Yes. I don't mind waiting”, I admitted, playing with my peace bracelet, then the silver band on my right ring finger. His eyes trailed to my actions. I watched his face go blank. What?

“Where did you get that?” he asked, nodding his head a little, referring to my ring.

“Oh, uh.. Just a guy”, I admitted, sparing him the details.

Nick raised a brow in confusion, then stood and grabbed his suitcase followed by his backpack.

“I'll be here, you know, waiting”, I joked as he turned to walk away.

He turned his head back towards me and chuckled, shaking it, his curls moving a little.

Disappearing though the door that led to Mrs. Thorne's office, my smile faded as I leaned back in my chair, wondering how this year is going to turn out. A ring tone interrupted my thoughts.

All I want is everything you're not
so go ahead and slam the door
cause you can't shut me out
No, I don't, don't care what you say
-

“Stupid cellphone”, I mumbled as I reached into my right jean pocket and pulled out my Kyocera Laylo. The words Brian (the ex) flashed onto my screen. Reluctantly, I answered, a sigh escaping my lips.

“Hello?” I said in a bored tone.

“Hey”, he replied in a monotone.

“Why did you call me? We agreed not to talk to each other anymore”, I said in an agitated tone, standing as I began to pace from my seat to the pillar.

“I just wanted to talk to you since we haven't in a while”, he replied.

“What the hell does that have to do with anything?” I asked incredulously, my fingers and toes going cold from getting emotional, the usual reaction to my upset state.

“I don't know. Nevermind. I regret even calling you”, he said making me angrier.

“I don't see why you would do this anyway. You've moved on with her, so why even call me?” I asked now furious.

“Because I know you. I know you don't like to admit it, but you miss me and everything we shared. Well, you know what? She's better than you, anyway!” he said, his voice rising.

“Don't talk to me like that! Do you think I like to hear that or remember those thoughts? YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH VIC! MY OWN SISTER! You're an asshole and I never, EVER want to speak to you again!” I nearly shouted in rage. I hung up the phone, then wiped my eyes as tears filled them.

“Rose”, Nick sad in a soft tone to my left.

“Y-you didn't hear that, did you?” I asked, hoping he didn't.

“Y-yeah. Who was that? Your ex-boyfriend?” he asked in a concerned tone.

“It's no big, really... but yeah... that was him”, I answered slowly.

“What-what happened?” he asked nervously. The images flashed in my mind.

“I'll tell you later”, I said in a quiet tone. He nodded, glimpsed at his paper, then at me.

“So, I'm in dorm 8C”, he said in an uncertain manner. I laughed.

“You're across the hall from me, on the same floor, practically my neighbor”, I said, licking my lips as my bad mood subsided.

“That's good”, he mumbled, but I pretended like I didn't hear him. I spared him from embarrassment, ignoring my curiosity to ask why.

“Come on... Is that all you brought?” I asked abruptly. Nick blushed, then shook his head.

“My brothers are coming here to drop a couple more suitcases off for me”, he answered with a smile.

“Alright, so, let's head to our dorms”, I concluded and with that I grabbed my things and stepped out of the door into the hot sun with Nick at my heels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh. OK. That's chapter 3. Hope you enjoyed it.

Any predictions as to what happened between Vic, Brian, and Rose besides Brian cheating on Rose with Vic? What do you guys think will happen in the next chapter?

Please comment in the comments section. Your opinion means a lot to me.

I don't know when I'm going to update again, maybe after I update Soul Exposure II.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.