Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 31

I returned to the party, seeing everyone relaxing around. Joe and Mel sat in two of the chairs at the table, talking. Jason, Mitchell, and Nick were talking about something by the pool. Danielle and Kevin were relaxing in one of the pool chairs. Danielle was in Kevin's lap, her arms around his neck as they looked up at the stars. Paul and Denise weren't out here, neither was Frankie or Elvis.

I walked towards the pool, near Nick when Maya came out of nowhere.

“Hey. Look, Rosalina, I'm sorry about how Aly's been acting towards you. She's just jealous of you”, she said with sincerity.

“You don't need to apologize for her, really”, I replied honestly.

“I know, but I want to. I think you're pretty cool and it'd be pretty awesome if we could hang out sometime if you come back to visit”, she said timidly. I laughed.

“Of course I'll come back. I have to hang out with you guys again”, I said playfully.

She smiled, then ran off with a quick “Thanks, you're awesome” before joining Nick and the others.

I resumed my walking towards Nick when I heard approaching footsteps rapidly approaching me. I turned around and her voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

“So, you think you can just steal my friends from me? Steal Nick from me?” Alyson shouted.

“What? No! W-what are you talking about?” I asked, backing up, unintentionally getting closer to the pool.

“You, Rose! Why do you have to be better than me?!” One shove.

“C-calm down, now”, I stammered.

“No! You're the one who needs to take a cool swim, a reality check.” Another shove.

I got only a good foot from falling in.

“N-no, please, Alyson. Y-you don't know what-”

“-I'm doing? Sure I do. I'm humiliating you for making Nick break my heart!”

“No-” I got out, but she pushed me one last time and I fell in.

“Alyson, NO!” I heard Nick say before I was engulfed by the chlorine water.

I began to panic as I tried to swim, but was failing and I was soon under entirely. All I could hear was the water in my ears. Soon, though, an arm wrapped around me and I didn't succumb to the darkness. Whoever it was, pulled me towards the edge as someone pulled me out.

I was sputtering, trying to cough up the water. It stung my lungs as did my eyes as I squinted them open. I felt patting on my back.

“Oh my gosh! Rose! Are you OK?” Kevin asked.

“Of course not, Kevin! She almost drowned!” Nick answered.

“Mel, back off! Calm down!” Joe called.

I opened my eyes fully, seeing Nick drenched from head to foot in water and Kevin behind me. I looked around seeing Alyson in tears, all color drained from her. Mel was separated from her by Joe holding her back. Jason and Mitchell stood between them and Alyson.

“N-Nick! What happened?” Denise cried in horror.

“C-can we just go inside? I'm kind of tired and cold”, I got out, shivering as I instantly felt cold.

“We'll fill you in, Mom. Joe, keep Mel away from Aly. Aly, Maya, guys, Nick had a great time, but it's time for you guys to go home”, Kevin ordered. “You got her, Nick?” he assumed.

“Yeah”, Nick answered. “Come on, Babe”, he said softly to me.

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his neck as he wrapped one of his around my torso, the other under my legs. We passed a pissed off Mel, and now Joe, an upset Maya, Mitchell, and Jason, and finally, a tearful Alyson.

“I-I'm s-so s-sorry, R-Rose. I didn't know”, she got out.

I buried my face in the crook of Nick's neck as he merely passed her, not even acknowledging her presence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crazy Alyson! What the heck was she thinking? Stay tuned for the next update. :)

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.