Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 34

A few weeks later, it was finally the 26th of October, six days from Vic and I's birthday. I was a bit excited. Nick and I hadn't done “that”, but focused on school and getting closer, emotionally [even though we did almost do it a few times].

“So, have you and Nick decided what you're going to be for Halloween?” Mel asked, not looking up from her Algebra II homework.

“No, not yet”, I answered in a monotone doing mine as well.

“That sucks”, she replied.

“Yeah.. So, have you invited Joe yet?” I asked casually.

Mel and Joe have been just “friends” again, yet they've gotten even closer since the party. Maybe them not being together was for the best.

“Not yet.... He knows about the party, though”, she answered. I held back my laugh.

“Well, that's good”, I answered.

She only mumbled an “mmm-hmm” back to me. Suddenly, though, a frantic knock sounded at the door. I checked the time on my laptop. It read 5:30 pm. Strange. Nick's not supposed to arrive for another half hour.

I stood, then walked to the door in my pajama pants, dark blue tank, and socks, opening it with a yawn.

“Nick, you're not supposed to-”, I began, but my voice got caught in my throat.

She was standing in my doorway in her pink booty shorts and yellow tank top.

“Rose, it's Mom”, she said, her eyes a deep blue, tears running down her face.

I stood frozen to the spot.

“What about Mom?” I asked, completely alert now.

“She's in the hospital. R-Rose, D-dad called. She-she's-”, Vic got out before breaking down entirely.

“What the hell?” Mel asked, running to her side, trying to calm her.

I watched Mel and Vic, not being able to move as Vic's words sunk in. Mel was in a large, blue t-shirt and sweat shorts.

Mom was in the hospital. Mom never goes to the hospital besides for a yearly check-up. I grabbed a pair of jeans and flats, quickly changing in the bathroom. Then, I grabbed my Iphone, taking my charger.

“Mel, take Vic to her room so she can change. I'll contact all of our teachers via email and order the plane tickets”, I ordered.

“Slow down, Rose. You can't just leave. Don't forget about Nick, too”, Mel added.

“I-I can't tell him about Mom. You're going to have to explain-”, I began, but she cut across me.

“No, Rose. You have to tell him”, Mel retorted in a stern tone.

I groaned angrily at her.

“Damn it, Mel. Just fucking tell him!” I exclaimed.

“Being angry at me isn't going to help your mom, Rose. I'm sorry”, she replied with sympathy, then helped Vic out the door.

I heaved a few breaths, restraining myself from crying as I sat down and began typing. The hard part would be explaining this to Nick.



“I don't care, baby! I'm going with you!” Nick argued.

We were standing in his dorm, where he had an open suitcase with some clothes in it. Yes, we were in his dorm for once, which was empty, by the way. We'd been arguing for the past ten minutes about whether or not he should come with Vic and I to see our mom. He claims he would go for moral support, but I tried to persuade him to stay. It didn't work.

“No, Nick! You need to stay here!” I yelled back.

“Rosalina, you and your family are more important”, he said with finality.

We stared at each other with such intensity that a part of me got scared, more scared than I already was.

“I can't let you go, Nick. I don't care what you say, but you need to stay here”, I stressed.

“Well, I don't care what you say, but I'm going with you, whether you buy me a ticket or not”, he said in a serious tone.

“And just how, pray tell, are you going to explain to your parents how you missed a few days of school and spent them in Florida?” I asked, raising a brow.

“As long as your mom's OK and I make up any missed work, they're OK with it”, he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

“Do you always get your way?” I asked.

“Mmm, most of the time”, he said with a smile. I rolled my eyes and exited his dorm, with him giving me a peck on the cheek before I stepped over the threshold.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK.

Two announcements!

One:

I'm sorry I said I was going to update tomorrow, but something happened in which made me very giddy and happy so I wanted to share my happiness with my readers by updating! Yay!!! (Don't worry. I'll update again tomorrow as well. ^_^)

Two:

Now, that "thing that happened that made me giddy" was..... MY FINANCIAL AID for college was approved AND I'll be able to start classes next week!!!!!! :D

Seriously, guys, I'm SOOOOO happy right now!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the update.

One more thing:

I just posted my new story (the one I mentioned about 3 months or so ago). Check it out, please!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.