Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 6

That night, I barely slept. I was too embarrassed and.. angry at Victoria as well as Brian. How could he tell Vic everything like that? He was my first and last... I..

“Rose? Are you awake?” Mel asked, shaking my body.

I had my back to her and was staring intently at the door, wanting more than anything to just pack up and leave. But, I knew I couldn't. Besides, it's not like things were going to get worse, right?

“Rose, wake up. I know you're not sleeping. Your breathing is off”, Mel said,rippingpulling the curtains open as well as the blinds.

I groaned, pulling my comforter over my head.

“Rosalina, you can't lock yourself up here. We need to buy some uniforms, remember?” she said, reminding me.

It all clicked in my mind. I jumped out of bed, ripping off my comforter, allowing it to fall as I slipped on my dark blue slippers and purple robe before I darted into the bathroom.

I heard Melanie groan once I closed the bathroom door behind me and smiled, a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach...

After I showered, brushed my teeth and fixed my hair, I stepped out of the bathroom, allowing Mel to use it as well.

Opening my closet door, I reorganized my clothes by shoving my hangers to the far right, leaving only a third of the closet empty for my uniforms and uniform jackets to hang after I'd purchase them.

I quickly picked out a black workout skort that had pink stripes on the side, my black and pink Airwalks, and a turquoise tank top with a jean jacket.

I was used to changing quickly, so I'd finished before Melanie came out of the bathroom.

When she did, I was on my phone, checking for any missed calls, only to find my screen blank besides my wallpaper (a Kingdom Hearts II picture). I sighed quietly, then walked to my desk, pulling out a pen and notepad as I wrote a list of the things we might need.

“So, I wanted to apologize for the way I acted yesterday”, Melanie said suddenly, catching me off guard again.

“Why?” I asked, sliding my chair around to face her.

She was making her bed as was fully dressed in black ballet flats, a black and white shirt, light blue jeans and black and white converses. I was surprised to see a blue ribbon in her hair. Shrugging slightly, I wrinkled my brow in confusion at her previous statement.

Her blue eyes met mine and I saw the shame in them.

“You have nothing to be ashamed of. Your behavior was totally acceptable. I'm not complaining”, I said honestly.

She smiled slightly.

“I know, but I feel like I was out of line. I don't want to cause conflict, but I already have”, she said, dropping her gaze.

I stood and walked to her, placing my hands on her shoulders.

“It's fine”, I stressed. “I promise, Mel.”

It's too quiet in here,
I wanna disappear
I'm hearing myself thinking too clear


I ran to my phone and saw that it was a text from Victoria.

I hit View and read her message.

We need to talk. In the gym at 6:00. Come alone.

I blinked a few times. Talk? What the hell would we have to talk about? I opened my mouth to speak, only to hear my phone go off only in a single beep. I had received a text from someone else.

It's Nick. I need to talk to you. Do you want to go shopping today? I have no idea where the store is, so...

I smiled, but frowned slightly.

Why do we need to talk? But I am going shopping with Mel. You can come with, you know? :D

I quickly typed and pressed send. I responded to Vic's message next.

Um, why?

My phone beeped once more.

I just... want to get to know you better. And thanks, by the way. I'll see you guys in ten.

I smiled brighter. Nick made me curious. I was... interested more than I was when we first met.

Vic's ringtone went off again and I sighed.

Don't fucking ask me. Just come. Damn! You're so frustrating!

I scoffed, replying to Nick's message again.

Mkay. I need to talk to you, too. Vic is annoying me and make that two instead of ten. =)

I slid my phone closed, then ripped the sheet off of my notepad, nearly tearing it, then opened my drawer once more and pulled out my wallet, shoving each into... oh, wait. No jeans. Damn.

I shoved them into my jean jacket pockets.

“Nick's coming with us. We're leaving now”, I said, grabbing my key, waiting for Mel to register my words.

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed her Iphone, key, and wallet as well. She opened the door and walked out first with me on her tail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three updates in one week, guys!

I'm so curious! What do you guys think? Please check out my other story Soul Exposure III, if you don't mind. ^_^

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.