You've Got This Silly Way of Keeping Me on the Edge of My Seat

Let's make this last forever

[One week later]

"Happy birthday, love! Wake up!"

I awoke to something, or someone rather, jumping all over me and kissing my face about twenty-five thousand times.

I smiled. It wasn't just any someone jumping all over me, of course. It was Gerard - my Gerard, and it was... my birthday!

My eyes shot open at this realization and met with Gerard's gorgeous hazily-green eyes. He was laying flat on the bed next to me, his face propped up by his elbows as he stared at me with a big smile on his face.

"Gee-what the..?"

My eyes adjusted to the light, realizing that it was still dark outside.

"It's midnight, silly. That means it's time for my favorite person in the world to wake up from his nap, because it's officially his birthday," he said, kissing my nose once more before returning to his original position of staring at me.

"Wow, I was out for a good little while," I sat up and yawned, stretching my arms out wide then I caught him in my grasp by surprise. He allowed me to capture him, and seemed to enjoy his new position in my arms with my lips attached to his.

I enjoyed it a great deal as well.

"Mmm, Frankie..." he moaned against my lips, laying limp as I repeatedly brushed my lips against his, kissing him as soft as I possibly could. He clutched me tightly, his eyes shut and a smile gracing that beautiful face of his.

He opened his eyes slowly and smiled even bigger as he wrapped his fingers around my shirt collar and pulled me down so that our lips could meet again.

"You're my dream come true, Frankie..." he whispered between kisses, making me shiver even more than before.

"And you're mine, love," I replied, stroking his hair as he lay there in my arms again. He had his face curled into my chest, and the faint sound of him breathing radiated throughout the room. I'd never in my life heard anything so beautiful.

"Oh!" he cried out suddenly, our heads narrowly colliding with each other. "I almost forgot! I have a surprise for you, Frank!"

"A surprise-what is it?"

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and scurried off the bed, dragging me off of it as well, propping me up on my feet.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise, silly," he said, kissing my cheek. "Now get dressed! And if you have to pee, I suggest you do it now because we're going for a drive!"

He threw my hoodie and my pants at me, and instructed for me to put them on because it was chilly outside. I rolled my eyes and smiled at his cuteness and did as I was told. I searched and searched for my pink studded belt, mainly because it was my favorite and I could have sworn I was wearing it earlier...

A short while later, I made my way to the living room, looping a lime green belt through my belt loops as I did so. "Sorry it took me awhile, Gee. I couldn't find my..."

My eyes widened and I swear my mouth almost fell to the floor, as I saw Gerard propped up against the wall waiting for me. I hadn't noticed what he was wearing before, but as he stood, he sure did catch my eye. He looked amazing, in his extra tight black skinny jeans and his extra faded, extra tight Misfits tee, the one that showed just a bit of his skin when he stood the exact way he was standing at that moment. He had somehow applied a fresh coat of eyeliner and his eyes stood out and nearly pierced straight through me.

Gerard Way is literally the hottest thing on the face of the earth.

"...pink studded belt."

He wiggled his eyebrows at me and stuck his hip out even more, making sure I noticed he was wearing my favorite belt of all time.

"I love it, Frank. We're going to have to share custody of it," he stated, folding his arms out in front of his chest. I rolled my eyes at him and smiled, making my way over to where he was standing.

"Is that so?" I asked, stopping right in front of him, our lips literally centimeters away from each other's. I felt him lean in to kiss me, but I hurriedly dropped to my knees and kissed the patch of skin that kept screaming for me to do naughty things to it.

"Ohhhhhhhhhh my God, fuck...Frank...ahh," he squirmed, and I continued to kiss and gradually suck on that same spot. He finally stumbled backwards, having to support himself on the wall to regain his composure.

"Any more of that, and your presents are going to have to fucking wait, because I'm about to fuck the hell out of you," he said, panting heavily. I simply stood back up, smirking with satisfaction at the beautiful red mark I'd left on him.

"Maybe later. Now, it's time for presents!"

I grabbed him by the hand and literally dragged him towards the front door.

"Wait, Frank! Keys! I need keys!" He put on his black leather coat and fiddled around the pocket, and gave me a nod. "Okay, let's go."

We ran to the elevator hand-in-hand, giggling like little girls at a slumber party but we didn't care. As we waited for the elevator to come, he attacked my lips again, threading his fingers through my hair. We heard the elevator make a "ding" sound, signifying that it was finally here but he never broke the hold he had on me. He backed me up into the elevator, completely unaware of where we were going or if we were going to bump into anyone.

He pulled away for a brief second to press the button, and I took that as my cue to take advantage of his neck being exposed. I pounced on it hungrily, sucking hard and hearing him cry out in pure ecstasy. Just hearing him moan made my toes curl and the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

The elevator made another "ding", and before I knew it we were on the ground level. I pulled away, watching him slump against the wall. He had his arms outstretched on the walls beside him, breathing heavily.

"Wow..." he breathed out, giggling that adorable giggle of his that was hoarse from years of smoking too much. I loved it though, it literally oozed sex. "Come on sugar, let's go before we have sex in the elevator."

He grabbed my hand again and we made our way out to his car. He opened my door for me and I got in, grinning like a madman because he was so fucking sweet to me. I unlocked his door for him and he got in as well, settling in his seat next to me. He gave me another sweet kiss and with that, we were on our way.

"Fuck," he said, stopping hard at the stop sign at the end of our street, and reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out a bandana, and I knew right away what was coming.

"Geraaaaard..." I whined, as he began to place it over my eyes.

"Shut up, Frank. We've done this before, and you know the rule. If you whine, you don't get the surprise."

Gerard always had this silly way of keeping me on the edge of my seat...

So I did nothing but smile as he finished tying it for me, especially when he placed another kiss on my lips. We drove away quickly, like we were making a getaway or something.

I relaxed in my seat, listening to the Jimmy Eat World song that was quietly singing to us.

"Can we take a ride? Get out of this place while we still have time..." Gerard began singing quietly next to me, making my heart swell with happiness. Any time that man even opened his mouth to speak, he sent shivers down my spine. His singing was incredible, and did wonders to me.

"You want to take a ride? Get out of this place while we still have time, yeah - We still have time... oh, oh... oh oh oh..."

"I love you, Gerard," I whispered quietly, not wanting to disrupt his singing, but needing to say it out loud.

"And I love you, Frankie," he said, reaching for my hand and placing it in his lap. He continued to rub it and continued to sing, which was enough to make me drift into an almost peaceful sleep... until I realized where he was taking me.

I jumped up in my seat, and took off the blindfold. My hand clamped over my mouth when I saw the Jersey shore crashing outside.

"Frankieee..." he whined, sad that I ruined the 'surprise'.

"Gerard..."

I was speechless, and in complete and utter disbelief.

This was where we first met! And it was also where he took me for my seventeenth birthday!

I can't believe I didn't think of it when he first put the blindfold on me. That birthday was by far the most amazing birthday of my life, and it looked like this one was going to try to outdo that one. He was so fucking thoughtful....

A short while later we finally pulled into the parking lot. It was very dark out, but he parked in a space that was underneath one of the street lights. Mikey was already parked under it as well, and... wait, Mikey?

"Mikey!" I cried out, excited to see my best friend standing by the trunk of his car. We both got out and I ran to him and gave him a big squeeze. It had been almost a whole week since I'd seen him last, seeing as how I no longer worked with him.

"Ahh... easy Frank! I missed you too!"

I let him go and stood there, smiling happily at my two favorite people in the world.

"Okay, so... the beach isn't the surprise, and neither is Mikey," Gerard said, putting his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek.

"Aww.." I said, glancing at Mikey who nodded beside him. "Then what is?"

"Take off your shoes and you'll see," Gerard said, kicking his shoes off. I kicked mine off as well, smiling as he put his hands over my eyes, and began directing me a few feet away from where we were parked. I jumped a bit as my feet came into contact with the cold sand. I giggled as I felt it squish between my toes.

We finally stopped and Gerard finally took his hands away from my eyes.

"Happy birthday, Frank!" Gerard and Mikey both cried out, holding their hands out in the air. There was a blanket set up next to a fire, with a bunch of presents set up all around. I stood, staring at my 'surprise', feeling the tears about to spill over at any given minute.

"I can't believe you guys!" I cried out, jumping on the both of them and clutching them as tightly as I possibly could.

"Thank you..." I breathed out, letting the tears fall freely from my eyes.

"Oh no no. No crying, Frank," Gerard said, placing one arm around my waist and the other around my neck, pulling me into a tight embrace. He planted a sweet kiss on my lips, and took my hand and led me over to the blanket. I knelt down beside Mikey, who had already made himself comfortable.

"Pretend like I'm not here. My job was to set everything up, and now it's to take pictures. And eat some cake, but I swear, that's all," he said, leaning back on his elbows.

"Ooh, cake?"

Gerard giggled and then stopped suddenly, glaring at Mikey. "You did bring it, right?"

"Psh, of course, Gee," he said, tossing the little plastic container in Gerard's lap.

"Oh my God, it's perfect!" he gushed, placing it gently in my lap so I could see it.

"Oh my God, it's..."

He was right. It was damn perfect. This cake, is the exact same Nightmare Before Christmas cake he had picked out for me when I turned seventeen, exact wording and everything.

'Happy birthday to my beloved, Frankie. Love always, Gee'

"Gee... come here," I muttered, grabbing him by his shirt collar and bringing his lips to meet mine. "You are absolutely amazing."

"That's nothing, baby. Do you want your presents now or do you want to eat some cake first?" he asked, and I set the cake down gently on the blanket next to me.

"Presents, of course!" I cried out, earning a laugh from both Way brothers. Mikey tossed one to me, and I ripped it open without mercy. Out fell a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt, to which I smiled huge and pounced on him in reply.

"Thanks, Mikey. This is amazing," I said, hugging my shirt happily.

"Don't mention it," he said, repositioning himself on his elbows like he was lying before. I slipped the t-shirt on over my hoodie, laughing at how silly I was being. I didn't care though, it was my birthday! I could be as silly as I wanted. I posed at Mikey, who snapped a picture.

"Okay baby, this one next," Gerard said, handing me another box. This one was kind of heavy. I was about to rip it open, when I stopped and realized what kind of wrapping paper he had used.

"Nightmare Before Christmas!" I exclaimed, holding my hand over my mouth. It was the same wrapping paper, just like he'd used before! "I still have the wrapping paper I saved from last time, you know."

I really did. I kept it in my special 'Gee' box that I'd held on to. It contained all of my favorite things from him, and that wrapping paper was definitely among the box's contents.

"Really? Aww, well open it!" he urged me. I hugged the box close to me, and made Mikey take another picture.

I laughed at myself and tore the paper open, making sure to save a piece of it to add to that box. Wrapped up inside was a book.

"It's a photo album," Gerard said, sitting directly next to me. "Do you want to go through it now or later?"

"Now, of course!"

He smiled victoriously and slipped his arm around my waist, and I placed the photo album on both of our laps so we could look through it together.

"Fuck, I can't see too well..."

Gerard reached into his pocket and fished out his lighter and handed it to me.

"Ah, thanks babe."

I brought the flame to life and burst out laughing as my eyes scanned over the pictures that were on the first page. The very first was me looking all huffy when I worked on the beach, this beach, as an ice cream vendor.

"I hated that fucking job," I giggled, shaking my head. "I can't believe you took this!"

"Of course I did. You were the prettiest thing I'd ever laid my eyes on. I wanted to make sure I always had you... even if it was just this picture," Gerard said, kissing my cheek.

"You'll always have me, Gerard," I whispered, earning a kiss on the cheek from him. He leaned his head against my cheek and we continued scanning over more pictures. There were a few I'd taken of him that same day, I remember taking his camera from him and snapping a few pictures of him.

"I remember how mad you were because I took pictures of you... and I remember what you did to me to get the camera back," I smirked at him, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah. I jumped on you and began to tickle you to death!"

We both started laughing, as the memories from that first day came pouring back. Mikey just stared at us with an amused look on his face, snapping picture after picture of Gerard and me.

"And then you kissed me..."

I looked up from the book and stared deep in his eyes, that were glittering brightly in the firelight. "I couldn't help it... I wound up in the perfect position looking down at you, and you were giggling like crazy laid out in the sand. I remember all of a sudden you stopped laughing, and we locked eyes for the first time... and you brushed your hand across my cheek..."

"And then you kissed me..."

"And then I kissed you," he repeated, brushing his hand across my cheek in a similar manner, which made me lean in to kiss him.

He broke away from me for a brief second, and nodded towards Mikey. Mikey nodded back and quickly stood up, kindly excusing himself and heading back towards his car. I shot Gerard a questioning look, but he just smiled and urged me to continue with the book.

I had a weird feeling but I shook it away, concentrating on the album some more. I flipped through a few more pages of me and him together, some of me by myself, and some of him by himself. It was a beautiful present, it really was. When I got to the end, it was a picture of Mikey holding a guitar case.

"What's this, Gee?" I asked pointing to the picture, as Mikey reappeared in front of us, holding the same exact case as he was holding in the picture.

I swear I almost stopped breathing then, knowing damn well what was in there. I only used to sell them for a fucking living...

"Gerard Arthur Way! You didn't... tell me you fucking didn't!"

My voice was shaky and excited, as Mikey placed my present gently in my lap. I ran my fingers along the case, my lip quivering and tears threatening to spill at any given moment. I looked up at Gerard, who was all smiles.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around my neck from behind, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

"Happy birthday, my love."

I quickly unlatched it with shaky fingers, gasping in awe as my eyes met with the beautiful black guitar that laid inside of the case.

"GERARD!" I screamed, jumping on him and knocking him straight into the sand. I straddled his waist, kissing him everywhere my lips could possibly go. "I-fucking-love-you! Thank you so fucking much!"

"I love you, too, Frank! I knew how much you loved your old guitar, and when it got hurt I knew you needed a new one. A Frank without a guitar is like... um... is like..."

"A Frank without his Gerard. Oh my God, Gee.... it's so fucking pretty," I said, reaching over and grabbing my new guitar out of its case, and held it close to me for the first time.

I immediately fell in love.

I began to play a few chords from a Blink-182 song, singing along with my playing.

"Forever, and ever, let's make this last forever,
Forever, and ever, let's make this last forever..."


"It's fucking perfect!" I exclaimed, hugging my new beloved tightly.

"You playing on top of me is fucking perfect," Gerard giggled from below me.

"Oh! I'm sorry, Gee," I said, scrambling to get off of him. I handed the guitar to Mikey, who was laughing his ass off at the two of us and helped Gerard off the ground. He was all sandy, and I felt completely responsible.

"Aww... I'm so sorry, Gee. It's everywhere..."

"I'll be fine, Frank. I'm just so glad you like it. Mikey helped me pick it out," he said, dusting himself off and smiling at his brother.

"I knew you loved playing it at the store, so I figured it'd be perfect. And I gave him our sweet employee discount, too," Mikey said proudly.

"Thanks, Mikey..." I said, hugging him as well.

"Don't mention it. You're my best friend, Frank, and I fucking love you. Happy birthday," he said, returning my hug and squeezing me one good time before letting me go. "Well, my work here is done! So, um... you two have a good rest of the night... and um, Gee? Call me. Okay?"

Mikey raised his eyebrow at his brother, and Gerard blushed and smiled. "Sure, Mikey! Call you later! Thanks for helping!"

Mikey waved his hand and quickly scampered off towards his car, leaving me all alone with my two beloveds.

"Come lay with me, Frankie," Gerard said, taking my hand and leading me back towards the blanket. He sat down and I settled down in between his legs, resting my head against his chest and clutching my guitar close to me.

"Play me a song, baby," he suggested, kissing my cheek.

"Umm... what do you want to hear?" I asked, strumming a few times just to get the feel of the new guitar.

"Surprise me," he said, rocking us back and forth. I smiled, and began to think of the perfect song.

"Okay, I got one. But forgive my singing, you know it isn't anywhere near as good as yours," I said, giggling. I cleared my throat and began to play my favorite song by The Cure.

"Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again...
"

Gerard began to kiss my cheek again softly, which sent shivers up and down my spine.

"I don't know how tonight can get any better...." I whispered, as he nuzzled his head in my neck.

"Keep playing me my favorite Cure song, and I'll show you how it can get so much better..." he mumbled, his face still buried in my neck. He kissed my neck softly and I gladly continued.

"However far away, I will always love you
However long I stay, I will always love you
Whatever words I say, I will always love you
I will always love you..."


I placed my new guitar back in its' case and relaxed myself back in Gerard's arms. He kissed my cheek again and took a deep breath, kissing my cheek again.

"Frankie..."

"Yes, Gerard?" I leaned my head back so I could look at him, wondering what could be on his mind.

"I...um...I have something else for you," he said, smiling nervously at me. This caught my attention, and I got up from him and knelt down in front of him.

"Gerard, this guitar is amazing. It's plenty! What else could you have possibly gotten me?"

"Oh, it's nothing big... it's quite small, actually," he replied, repositioning himself on the blanket in front of me. If I didn't know any better, it looked like he was getting down on one knee...

"Oh my God, Gee..."

He took my hands in his, and stared me deep in my eyes.

"I love you, Frank. So fucking much, I always have, I always will. You are my everything, without you I cease to exist. You are my missing puzzle piece, you complete me. I want to be with you forever, I never want to lose you again..."

He pulled a tiny little box out of the pocket of his jacket, and held it open for me.

"Gee..."

"Will you marry me, Frank Iero?"

"Yes, Gerard! Of course I'll marry you!" I practically shouted, pouncing on Gerard for maybe the twenty-seventh time today. He caught me this time, our lips colliding in a deep, passionate kiss.

"I love you, Frank! I love you so much," he cried out, holding my face in his hands and kissing me some more.

He pulled away then, tears streaming down that pretty face of his and took my hand in his, placing the perfect silver band complete with the perfect diamonds on my left ring finger.

I couldn't believe it! We were engaged!

"I love you, Gerard... so fucking much. Thank you, for everything. For tonight, for yesterday, for tomorrow...and every day after that," I said, placing my hand behind his neck and kissing him again, deeply and passionately. I laid him down on the blanket, and climbed on top of him, resting my head on his chest.

I listened to the quiet beating of his heart, which was beating quite rapidly. It was still the most beautiful sound in the world.

"So what now, Gee?" I asked him, snuggling myself on top of him, playing with the hem of his shirt.

"I don't know, Frankie. We can live like Jack and Sally if you want," he replied, rubbing my hair gently. "The stars are extra pretty tonight, Frankie...."

"I know why..." I whispered, leaning my chin up on his chest, looking straight in his eyes.

"Why, baby?" he asked, continuing to stroke my hair.

"Because they shine for us, Gerard. Me and you. I don't want to live like Jack and Sally. I want to live like me and you. Frankie and Gee, Frank and Gerard, just like we always dreamed..." I answered him, crashing my lips to his.

"I'm going to make all of your dreams come true, you know," he said, smiling up at me.

"You already have. More than you'll ever know..." I kissed Gerard's lips one last time, before curling up on his chest, wrapped securely in his arms.

"I love you, Gerard Way..." I whispered, kissing my fiancee's chest, well, his heart to be exact.

"And I love you, Frank Iero-Way..."

And with that, I drifted off into the best sleep you could ever imagine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... that's all, folks! Thank you so much for reading, and please make sure you read the next "chapter" for important dedications and... sequel information.

Yep, you heard me.
So read it! :)