The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

Kelly's an in-the-closet porn star!

---Friday; September 25th---

"Now that you've completed you first week here at Belleville High, what are your plans for the future?" Mikey asked me in a professional voice, pointing Dahlia's digital camera, which was currently set at video, in my face.

I laughed at how random his question was, compared to our last video about our favorite bands and songs, as Dahlia, Mikey, Frank, and I turned onto the street Frank and I lived on, both our houses coming into view.

Surprisingly, this week went better than I expected it would. Frank and Taylor spent barely any time together at or outside of school, which surprised me even more, and Kendra and I had barely even seen each other since our first encounter on Monday.

"Kelly?" Dahlia's hand waved in front of my face, bringing me back from my thoughts.

I bet you're wondering what happened between her and Mikey after her little "confession" to me.

Nothing.

Apparently, she's waiting for the perfect moment to tell him about her feelings.

"Sorry. . .my plans for the future? Let's see. . ." I thought for a second, tapping my finger on my chin as I stared into the camera.

But Frank responded for me before I could give my answer.

Taking the camera from Mikey's light grasp, he held it out arms length and pointed it so he was filming himself before answering,

"If I do recall correctly, she was telling me some 'secret' plans of hers that she wants to be a porn star," Frank said seriously, only causing all four of us to erupt in fits of laughter.

"Ha, Kelly's an in-the-closet porn star!" Mikey exclaimed, him and Frank giving each other high fives at the immaturity Frank had started between them.

I looked at D and sighed, shaking my head at the sheer typicality of the two boys. Luckily, we were now standing on the sidewalk outside of Frank's house, mine only a few feet away.

"I'll talk to you guys later," I said, still helplessly smiling as I waved to the three of them and walked up the pathway to my house, looking back once I'd reached the porch. Mikey and Dahlia had continued walking down the street towards Mikey's house.

Then my eyes drifted I in the direction of Frank's house, seeing him slowly walk up the pathway to his house as he kept his stare on the ground and his hands in the front pockets of his pants.

---7:58 p.m.---

"You sure you'll be alright by yourself?" my grandma asked for about the tenth time tonight as she grabbed her rather large black purse.

How did such a small woman carry around such a large person like that anyways? Didn't make sense to me.

"Yeah. I'm probably gonna go to sleep soon anyways," I lied. There was no way in hell I was going to bed this early on a Friday night if I didn’t have to.

"Alright. Well, tonight's activities are lasting longer than usual," she started, referring to the senior center she was about to leave for, "so I'll be home a little after eleven. Okay?"

I nodded my head and gave her a kiss on the cheek, waiting for her to walk out the door before going upstairs to check out her DVD collection.

There weren't many good ones, at least, not in my opinion. Most were old, black and white films I'd never even heard of and was surprised to see them on DVD. My eyes finally landed on one DVD; The Notebook. From what I had heard about this movie, it seemed alright. Probably my best bet out of all the other movies.

I took the movie from the shelf and carried it with me back downstairs and into the living room.

As I was placing the DVD in the tray of the DVD player, the doorbell rang. I sighed and walked to the front door, looking through the peephole to see someone I wasn't expecting to see right not; mainly because he had told me that he would be out tonight on a date with his girlfriend. Unlocking the door, I pulled it open and leaned on it slightly.

"Yes?" I smiled, raising my eyebrows at the guy standing on my porch.

"I just saw your grandma leave and thought you might want some company," he offered.

"Oh, so you're stalking my grandma now?" I asked, seeing a grin appear on Frank's face. "What happened to your date?"

"She canceled. So what are you doing?" Well he certainly gets right to the point, doesn’t he?

"Oh, you know. Just having a girls' night in," I shrugged, opening the door wider and allowing Frank to step inside my grandma's house.

"So Dahlia's here, too, then?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

"Nope," I said simply, walking back into the living room, Frank following close behind.

"So, technically, you're having a girl night in?" he asked, receiving a shrug from me.

"I guess so. You can join me if you want. Then it really would be a girls' night in," I smirked, grabbing the remote to the DVD player, walking to the light switch to turn it off, and then plopping down onto the couch, immediately bringing my legs up and tucking them underneath me slightly.

"Are you calling me a girl?" Frank asked, pretending to be offended.

"No, but by the time this movie's over, I'm sure you will be." I glanced over at him as he settled down next to me, a confused look on his face.

"Just watch," I sighed, seeing the menu appear on the screen. A laugh escaped his lips as he realized what movie we were watching.

"Shut up," I said defensively, smacking him with the back of my hand on his chest.

There was about a three second brain fart for me in that time when Frank pulled his legs up onto the couch as well, his knee momentarily brushing against mine and making me lose focus.