The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

I can't believe you wiped your ass on my wall.

After returning from the hardware store, we move all of my furniture to the middle of my room, covering it with a large, clear, plastic tarp.

"So what do you want, Kel?" asked Frank, his eyes staring back into mine as he placed his hands on his hips.

"And what's with the spray paint?" Dahlia added to Frank's question.

"Okay, so here's the dilio," I said, causing Mikey to chuckle at my "gangster-ness." "I want these three walls the purple," I started, pointing to the walls with the door, a window, and my closet on them, "and then the last wall to remain white, just covered in random-ness with the spray paint. How does that sound?" I bit on my lip almost nervously.

They all exchanged looks with each other before looking back at me, but for some odd reason, I didn't care what Mikey or Dahlia thought of my idea. I just wanted to hear what Frank had to say about it.

"Sounds awesome," Frank nodded with a genuine smile, allowing me to breathe normal again.

"Yeah," the other two agreed.

"Well, let's get started, shall we?" Mike asked, receiving nods from all of us.

---1:33 p.m.---

It had been nearly four hours since we started painting, and we were just finishing with the three purple walls.

I set my roller on the paint tray and put my hands on my hips, smiling and nodding in satisfaction as I viewed my now purple walls, extremely fond of the color Frank picked out.

Suddenly, I felt something move on my butt, which was odd, especially since I was standing up. I slowly looked over my shoulder, seeing Frank standing behind me with a smirk on his face as he rolled the paint roller over my butt, yet again.

Luckily, we had all changed into old clothes that we wouldn't care if we got paint on, but that didn't change the fact that I was still going to kick Frank's ass.

"Frank!" I practically yelled, Mikey and Dahlia's heads turning our way, as I spun my body around so I was facing Frank, only resulting in his brush going over my waist and stomach and leaving a thick, purple stripe on me and my clothes.

"Yes?" he asked, smiling innocently.

"You're. Dead," I said slowly and softly, not giving him time to run as I jumped forward and tackled him to the plastic covered carpet.

His roller hadn't left his hand, so I reached for it and grabbed it in my own hands.

By now, Mikey and D had decided to join in on our "paint fight" and were busy attacking each other with their own brushes. Without another thought, I rubbed the roller over Frank's face, throwing my arms in the air in victory afterwards.

"Not fair! I only got it on your clothes. You got it on my perfection," Frank said as I stood up and held out my hand to help him up as well.

"Fine. I'll just get it on your clothes, too," I shrugged, walking behind Frank and wiping the brush on his ass.

"Thank you, Kelly. You've suddenly given me an idea." Well that's not the reaction I was expecting from him.

I watched with interest as Frank walked away from me and towards the only white wall left in my room. Once he stood right in front of it, he turned around, revealing to me his paint covered face. Mikey and Dahlia's laughter and paint fight subsided long enough to watch what Frank was about to do, too.
Frank shot me a coy wink before pressing his butt up against the wall.

"Ha, nice Frank," Dahlia laughed.

"I can't believe you wiped your ass on my wall," I shook my head, smiling helplessly.

He just smiled proudly before turning around to admire his work.

"Are we done painting yet? I wanna start with this wall," said Frank, turning his head to see me.

"It looks like you've already started," I pointed out.

He just shrugged and walked over to the bag of spray paint near the cans of purple paint, smiling to himself as he did so.

"Yeah, I guess we're done with these walls," I said, resting m roller on the paint tray the purple had been poured in, Mikey and Dahlia doing the same.