The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

He's far too in love with me.

"Paper! I win!" Gerard cheered happily, clapping his hands together in joy.

"No, you tard. Scissors cut threw paper. So I win," I said, taking the Subway coupons from the metal bench Gerard was sitting on.

"Damn. Why is this game so complicated?" he sighed, shaking his head, causing me to stifle a laugh. He began fishing through his pockets for about the tenth time tonight, pulling out a pink bouncy ball with a smiley face on it.

"How about we play one more time for this?" He held up the rubber ball and smiled before setting it down where the coupons where just sitting. I wasn't even going to ask what he was doing carrying a bouncy ball around with him. The Subway coupons were a bit more explanatory. I was fine with the assumption I'd made that Gerard was carrying them with him in case he passed by one and decided to eat their for lunch or something. The bouncy ball however...I didn't want to know.

For the last hour or so, the guys and Dahlia had been keeping me occupied by talking about meaningless crap or playing random games, such as Rock, Paper, Scissors; no one actually watching the game.

"Kelly," Frank tapped my shoulder from beside me before I could answer Gerard. I looked at him and smiled toothlessly, acknowledging that I had heard him and he had my attention to continue.

"I'm going down to the food court. Can I get you anything?" he asked politely, rising to his feet.

"Uhm...sure, I'll come with you. Be right back Gerard," I smiled, patting Gerard on the head as I joined Frank and we began walking down the bleachers and towards the food court.

"Where's Taylor?" I asked, unable to remember if I'd seen her up there while we were still seated.

"Her and Kendra came down here about ten minutes ago...probably to talk to some friends or something," he shrugged as we got in the back of one of the lines to a food booth.
"Want anything?" he smiled, turning his head to look at me.

"I think I'm just getting a water," I answered, seeing Frank's smile drop as he looked at something behind me.

"I'm - I've gotta go," he said uneasily, his face suddenly paler than usual, as he turned around and started walking towards the entrance/exit of the football field.

I turned to see what had made Frank leave so fast and immediately realized the cause. My hands clenched into tight balls at my sides as I stared at the couple making out in front of the bathrooms. Brandon and Taylor.

How could Taylor do this to Frank? How could anyone hurt such a perfect being?

Without another thought, my feet started carrying me towards the two people. Once I was about five feet away from them, I stopped walking and just stood there for about ten seconds before Taylor noticed and quickly pushed Brandon off of her. Had I not remembered the rumors going around about that fight that was supposed to occur tonight, I might have done something to Taylor, as opposed to just standing there waiting for her to notice me. But wasn't going to be the person who started both the first fight and the one that was supposed to carry on that fight's tradition.

"Hey Taylor," I said through gritted teeth, Brandon realizing why he'd been pushed away from his new make out buddy.

A smirk suddenly found it's way on her fake, make up covered face, confusing me a bit.
"Frank won't believe you," she said simply, grabbing onto Brandon's forearm to walk away with him. "He's far too in love with me."

If I wasn't already so pissed off at her, I would've laughed right in her face. In love with her?! I wouldn't go that far. They barely spent any time together anywhere, and Frank seemed to be just fine with that.

Her and Brandon started to walk away, Brandon looking a bit ashamed that he had visited the past and was now cheating on the girl he had cheated on with me. . .confusing much?

"Oh, I don't have to tell him. He already saw you," I grinned, watching as she stopped walking.

Before either of us could say another word to the other, I had continued on my way back to the bleachers. I would have gone out to the parking lot where Frank had left to, had I any idea where he was now.

When I returned to our spot in the bleachers, Dahlia was the first to notice Frank was no longer with me.

"You lose Frank or something?" she chuckled, momentarily leaving her conversation with Mikey to ask me.

I tried to laugh at her joke, but it came out rather raspy and fake. "No, he kind of. . .left," I told her, scratching my arm nervously. "That guy from earlier - my old friend..." I started to explain, all eyes on me as they nodded and I stood awkwardly in front of them, "him and Taylor were making out and Frank saw and just left."

"I think I know where he is," Mikey spoke up, rising to his feet. "But I'm not sure he'll want to talk to me about this," he added, biting his lip as he looked back at me.

"Me?" I choked out, raising my eyebrows and voice as I pointed to myself.

He nodded enthusiastically, his glasses looking like they were ready to fall off.

"But. . .why?" I asked, my nose scrunching in confusion.

All five of them knew Frank better and longer than I had.

"He can relate to you best," he said, sitting back down. I looked at Dahlia for some support.
She just nodded with an apologetic expression on her face, a sigh escaping my lips.

"Where is he?" I gave in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Hope your holidays were suuuper :]]]