The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

I call couch!

"Kelly? Are you even listening to me?" Dahlia asked, placing a hand on her hip.

After finding everyone else, Frank, Mikey, Dahlia and I decided to walk back to Frank's house, while Ray, Bob and Gerard had to go back to their dorms to study for a huge test they had on Monday. And for the whole duration of the walk, while Frank and Mikey were walking ahead of us talking about God knows what, Dahlia had been talking about her plans for telling Mikey about her feelings.

I, on the other hand, had been replaying Frank kissing me in my head, over and over.

It was crazy how such a sweet and simple kiss, meant to shut me up from rambling about nothing, had left me feeling. Not that I ever would, but I could honestly say Frank was slowly becoming a huge infatuation of mine. I don’t even think, after three and a half years, Brandon had left me feeling like this once.

Frank was a whole new experience to me.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry. Continue," I shook my head free of thoughts.

As we walked up the stairs to Frank's porch, I began to wonder why she hadn't continued like I had told her to. Then it hit me. All four of us had stopped walking in the same area to wait for Frank to unlock the door. If she had continued, Mikey would have heard her.

Yes, I figured that out by myself.

After several seconds of standing on his porch, Frank finally succeeded in unlocking his front door. We all shuffled in, one by one, me being the last so I closed the door behind me.

As I turned around, my eyes immediately started scanning over every bit of his house (this was my first time in it, after all) and I noticed that his house was the exact same model as my grandma's only reversed.

"I call couch!" Mikey's childish outburst brought me back down to earth as I saw him and Dahlia racing each other to where I knew the living room would be.

"Need to change?" I heard Frank ask and I turned to him, seeing a small grin on those lusciously tempting lips I finally got a taste of not too long ago - even if it was the shortest kiss I'd ever had, that had to count for something, right?

"What?" I asked, not really registering what he'd just asked me.

"Into your pj's," he chuckled, placing his hand on the small of my back, ripples of excitement producing under his touch, before leading me up the stairs.

"Oh yeah. . .Dammit! I didn't think to bring any," I realized, hearing another soft chuckle leave Frank's lips. "I'll just run next door real quick," I said, going to turn around and make my way back downstairs when I was stopped abruptly by Frank's hand seizing mine.

"I've got clothes here, ya know," he laughed as we continued walking up the stairs. "You're tiny enough to fit into them."

I followed Frank down his long hallway, smiling huge on the inside at the thought of getting to wear Frank's clothes, finally coming to a halt at the end of the hallway outside one of the doors; the door that would contain my bedroom if we were in my grandma's house.

I watched with intrigue as Frank pushed open the door, suddenly finding myself incapable of moving as I stood in the doorway staring in awe.

"How have you not been here yet?" Frank asked more to himself, laughing lightly.

His unpainted walls were lined with many posters, most belonging to some kind of band. Under his window was a book shelf, CD's filling just about every possible space.

But it wasn't the posters or CD's that had left me in the awe-stricken state I was in.

It was the several electric and acoustic guitars positioned in various places of his room.

"You can come in, you know," hearing Frank's voice snapped me from my thoughts as I set my stare on him, seeing him standing at a dresser as he rummaged through it.

"Right," I shook my head and walked in, my green Converse covered feet carrying me to his bed, where a white guitar was currently lying.

I sat down on the edge of his bed and positioned the guitar in my lap, my eyes now glued to the sparkly stickers on it.

"Pansy?" I smiled as I read the stickers aloud, looking up to see Frank walking towards me with a couple articles of clothing in his hands.

"Yup," he nodded, now standing in front of me.

"I didn't know you played," I said, directing my attention back to the guitar, my fingers slowly gliding over each fret on its neck.

"Yeah, me, Mikey, and those other tards you met yesterday are actually in a band together," he nodded.

"Talk about not knowing much about each other," I chuckled, my eyes connecting with those beautiful pools of hazel. "You guys with have to play for me some time."

He simply smiled before outstretching his arms to me. "These should fit. You can change either in here or the bathroom."

I took the clothes from him and, after thanking him, made my way to the upstairs bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo...broseph's....it only takes a few seconds to leave a comment.
I don't understand why this is such a physical impossiblity for you!
For reals.
Just a little smiley face...or a one word message, makes my day.
It tells me what you guys are thinking of the story...
so please don't make me beg.
Oh dammit! i just did XD
oh well. just comment, please :]]

Scream till there's silence
Scream while there's life left, vanishing