The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

The Slammin' Watusis!

Even when the bell rang signaling lunch, we continued our discussion on cool band names, my response of The Slammin' Watusis! definitely owning the topic for the time being, as we stepped out of the classroom.

"Alright, I'll give you that one. But just because you did so poorly in the skateboarding section," he teased, resulting in me pretend glaring and sticking my tongue out at him.

"Sorry I'm not coordinated enough to know how to ride a skateboard, hence the reason I know not much about the sport itself," I crossed my arms over my chest, hearing him chuckle beside me.

"You know, if you'd like, you can sit with me at lunch, er. . .right now," he smiled, receiving a nod from me before another voice entered out conversation.

"I hope this isn't going to become a daily occurrence, Kelly," Frank said, smiling as he put his arm around my shoulders.

How come I could remember Frank when I was thinking of my deceased mother, but never when I was walking to lunch?

How could I forget Frank, period?

I bit my lip to hide my smile, even if it was an apologetic one.

"Sorry, Frank. Skyler and I were talking and I guess I forgot again. But my forgetting about Frankie stops here," I promised, holding up my hand to show "scout's honor."

"Haha, good girl," Frank laughed, patting my head, finally noticing that Skyler was walking on the opposite side of me.

"Oh, hey Skyler," Frank said, taking his arm from around me as we reached our lockers.

Frank and I began opening our lockers, Skyler remaining by my side.

"So what are you doing here?" the question was directed towards Skyler.

I closed my locker, as did Frank, and the three of us began walking towards the cafeteria.

"Erm. . .I actually asked Kelly to join me and a few of my friends for lunch today," he answered as if he were talking to my father or something.

Frank turned to my with raised eyebrows.

"So you're not eating with us today?" Frank asked with what I assumed to be fake disappointed eyes.

"Not today, but we can hang out after school, okay?" I asked as we walked around the lunch tables of the cafeteria.

He nodded, keeping his eyes on our regular lunch table, occupied by Mikey and Dahlia, as he walked off.

He wasn't upset, was he? Just because I decided to sit with Skyler and his friends today?

Skyler led me to a table, surprisingly close to my normal lunch table, filled with a group of kids sat around it.

"Hey guys," Skyler spoke over the buzz of the cafeteria, all heads at he table turning to the two of us and either nodding a mumbling a low 'hey.' "This is Kelly," he placed a hand on my shoulder. "She's eating with us today, so be nice," he warned.

I sat in the seat next to him, a tall, lean boy with messy black hair and brown eyes sat on my other side.

I quickly learned the names of the six or so other people at the table, the guy next to me named Camden, who was also Skyler's fraternal twin brother that I was unaware he even had.

Lunch went by fast, the whole period spent talking and making new friends, and feeling three sets of eyes on my pretty much the whole time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one's a shortie.
Comments, please and thanxx :]

I just wanted to say, if any of you guys have actually heard of The Slammin' Watusis! you are now my hero.
For reals. Cuz no one at my school has ever heard of them, not even my besties, so if you have, you're pretty sav.

Also, my friend Stacy just got an account here.
You should check out the story she just started.
Tis good. 'bout vampires and romance and all that sappy junk...i think XD
She can be found on my friends list on my profile under the name Violentbumpkin.

Heyyy....
I didn't say I was powerful....
i said I was a wizard.


ha, those aren't lyrics, but they'll do for now XD