The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

Despiteful hazel eyes.

"So, how do you think you did on your tests today?" Skyler asked conversationally as we walked through the frosty, snow covered streets to go to our houses, Camden and one of his friends I'd met yesterday at lunch only feet behind us, wrapped up in their own conversation.

It was now Friday, the final day of school before the long awaited Christmas break, and I still hadn't talked to Frank; well, he hadn't talked to me, at least. I had attempted to talk to him, but he was still acting like too much of an ass to actually tell me what was up with him; or even make eye contact with me for that matter.

And Mikey hadn't provided any useful information for me, just that "Frank was hard to understand, what with his crazy mood swings and all," so I was still stuck on the jealousy theory.

"Better than yesterday," I replied with a low chuckle, a cloud of smoke leaving my mouth, referring to how yesterday I had taken my geometry and biology tests and today I had PE and music history - nothing too hard there. "What about you?" I asked politely.

"Okay, I guess. I mean biology was a little hard, but English was easy," he shrugged.

I looked up from my intense stare at the white ground beneath me, only to see my street coming into view. We continued the short walk in silence, until it came time for me to turn and Skyler, Camden, and his friend to continue straight, as I had learned yesterday when he offered to walk me home.

"Well, you have a fun time in Florida," I smiled, gripping the strap to my messenger bag with one of my pale, frozen hands.

"And you have a fun time. . .here," he laughed. "Merry Christmas, Kelly," he grinned, waving to me as he kept walking with his brother and friend by his side now and I turned onto my street.

"You too," I sighed, suddenly sinking into a depressed state, not having anyone to keep me out of it.

These past two days had been hell for me, how I managed to get through testing with the weight of all this stress on my shoulders I have no clue.

As I walked past the Iero house to get to my own, I noticed a dark figure sitting motionlessly on their porch swing out of the corner of my eye. Intrigued, I turned my head to get a better look, only to stop walking completely, and immediately regret being so nosy.

There sat Frank, his body tense, his eyes glowering at me.

My trembling heart skipped a beat and jumped into my throat as I watched Frank slowly rise to his feet, his malicious eyes never leaving my confused and frightened ones, and then walk inside his house, slamming his front door closed, which, even from where I was stood, made me flinch.

The first time in two days Frank even acknowledges my presence and it's through narrowed eyes.

Reluctantly, I pulled my stapled feet from their place in front of Frank's house and continued walking, ready to throw myself into my room the second I walked through the front door of my house.

This wasn't something helping my grandmother decorate the house was going to erase from my memory momentarily.

I had a feeling those despiteful hazel eyes were going to be haunting my mind until Frank and I made up, and I had my old Frankie back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohmygosh!!!
I am in such a good mood.
So imma update twice for you guys today!!
I don't even know what this sudden happiness is about...
Except that I'm supposed to be going to Taste of Chaos this year, and that I'm learning two of my favorite songs on the gee-tar right now, and that my friend said he's gonna teach me drums cuz he's like...pro, and that i saw an awesome performance of Killing in the Name last night, and that you guys always leave such awesome comments that i'm always smiling when i read them, and that my favorite Blink song just came on, and that i had pancakes for breafkast (thats how i say it lol), and that now i'm just rambling some nonsense.
No, i have no idea why i'm happy XD