The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

Completely overboard.

"So were you planning on telling me what my gift was any time soon, or do I have to guess?" I asked Frank as he carried me through the snowy streets of Jersey.

We had just left a local diner only minutes ago when I, being my usual stupid self, complained that the snow was seeping through my shoes and that we should have taken my car. Frank, being his normal thoughtful self, offered to carry me. And after I'd kindly told him no thanks, he forcefully put me on his back.

Though I probably could have put up more of a fight. . .the thought of being carried on Frank's back just sounded so appealing.

"You'll find out shortly. . .but for my entertainment, feel free to guess what it is," he told me, a smile evident in his voice.

I sighed and rested my chin on Frank's head, not even noticing until then, just how good his hair smelled, and bit my lip in thought.

"Well, all my grandma told me was that you asked her for her permission and that my dad would never approve of it," I said, causing him to chuckle. "So my only thoughts are you're proposing or planning on getting me pregnant," I continued with my theories, only making him laugh harder, "however, I don't think she'd approve of either of those."

But he has my permission!

His laughter suddenly stopped, but, as he spoke, I could still hear the smile.

"What? You don't think your grandma would be too happy if I brought you back knocked up?" he asked.

My cheeks must've turned twenty different shades of red at that moment simply at the thought of. . .yeah, and I was thankful Frank couldn't see my face.

"Afraid not," I said, shaking my head as I watched the cloud of smoke that emitted from my lips when I sighed once more.

"I guess you won't be getting your present this year then," he joked; a typical Frank response.

I closed my eyes and rested my cheek on his head.

"Real funny, Frank. Glad to see you have the maturity of a six year old," I said sarcastically.

"Hey! That was a good one! I mean, what six year old would even know what I was talking about? And it's not my fault you walked yourself right into that one," he defended himself.

Okay, maybe my curiosity had gotten me into that one, but that didn't change anything about what I'd said to Frank about his maturity. That was a simple fact.

"Can I walk now? I promise not to complain about wet shoes or anything," I told him, hoping to change the subject any way possible, even if it meant not being carried by Frank anymore.

"Yeah, but only because we're here now," he said, my head immediately popping up an causing my neck to crack.

"What exactly is here, Frank?" I asked, unable to recognize my surroundings.

Maybe, if I didn't have such a gorgeous neighbor that I spent practically all of my time with, I would have been able to leave our neighborhood every now and then, and I would have known where most places were. Outside of the school, Exotic Java, the mall and the grocery store, I was pretty much clueless as to where everything else was.

"Atlantic City," he said simply as he gently set me to the ground.

I came and stood beside him, both of us looking over the large, inviting sight before us.

I had heard of Atlantic City before, from people who spent the weekend here or something and said it was great, but I'd never actually had the chance to come. Dad was supposed to take me plenty of times, but after mom's death, he went all work overload and never had the time.

But I never pushed the subject of him taking me. I was fully aware it was the place he had taken my mom on their first date and wasn't sure how it would affect him to come after her loss.

It did seem kind of ironic to me though, that Frank and I were now here - only I was as positive as Jamie Lynn Spears (come on, you wanna laugh) that this didn't count as a date. We were just two friends hanging out.

But what I couldn't understand was why my grandma had told me dad wouldn't approve of it. Surely he'd be fine with Frank taking me here. I told myself I'd ask Frank about that later.

"Kelly? Were you planning on going in today or just staring at the entrance?" Frank asked with a light laugh, now standing a couple feet ahead of me, waiting for me.

I contemplated telling him what significance this place was to my parents, but threw that idea out after deciding it might make things uncomfortable for one of us.

I smiled weakly and made my way towards him, his hand already stretched out and awaiting mine to take it.

As our skin made contact and electricity instantly filled my veins, I wondered how my parents were feeling nearly nineteen years ago now. Did they too have this odd surge of electricity run through them? Did everything around them stop when they did something as simple as make eye contact? Did they realize at that second they wanted to be with each other forever?

Because as I waited for this electricity to finally go away and leave once and for all, it never did. Each time Frank and I made eye contact it either got worse, my breath caught in my throat, or I, literally, felt my heart skip a beat.

And by the end of the day, simply judging by these insignificant gestures we shared throughout the day that threw me completely overboard but never would had it been Mikey or one of the guys, I was positive I was in love with Frank Iero.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sappy ending, I know :]
But I'm sure you guys had been waiting for it.
Or expecting her gift to be a piercing or something XD
I tricked you!! Hehe

Leave some love for me on this one?
Silent subscribers?
It would make me smile.
:]
Btw, thanks for everyone who has been commenting lately.
ily!!!