The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

What am I supposed to do with these?

After applying some black eyeliner under both of my eyelids, I capped the stick and set it down on the bathroom counter.

I was finally ready for my first day at Belleville High.

Leaving the bathroom, I hurried down the stairs, finding my black messenger bag on the couch, already packed. I slung it over my shoulder and continued on my way to the front door.

"Aren’t you gonna have breakfast?" she asked, my hand already pulling the door open so I could step out.

"You know, it’s the most im-"

"Important meal of the day. Yes, I know," I finished for her, having heard that speech many times before.

She smiled knowingly at me before I closed the door, turning around to see two bodies on my porch.

"God, are you stalking me or something?" I asked Frank as I brushed passed him and his. . . friend, a lanky looking boy with brown hair and eyes similar to Frank’s only his were covered by a pair of glasses.

"Actually, I if I do recall, I was out here before you not only now, but also last night," Frank said matter-of-factly, him and the boy following after me. "You forgot these earlier."

I stopped in my tracks, only a couple feet away from the sidewalk, and turned around, seeing Frank’s hand shut closed into a fist and stretched out. Afraid of what could be inside his hand, I just stared at it.

He let out a sigh and turned his hand palm up, finally unclenching his fingers, revealing the charms from my bracelet.

"Keep them," I said simply, looking down at the suddenly interesting pathway.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" he laughed, his friend remaining quiet as he, too, stared down at the pathway of my house.

"Fine, I’ll take them." I held out my hand, finally looking up.

"Actually, I do want one of them." I watched as he fished through the charms with his free hand, eventually holding up a rainbow guitar pick; my favorite one. He smiled and handed the rest to me, stuffing the pick into the pocket of his denim blue jeans.

Now what do I do with these? There’s no way in hell they’re going back on my bracelet.
"So what are you doing here?" I asked, finally coming to my senses and figuring they’d come here for a reason.

"Your grandma called my mom this morning and asked us to walk you to school," Frank explained.

"Us?"

"Yeah, me and Mikey," he said, patting the lanky boy’s shoulder. He looked at me and smiled warmly, as I returned the kind gesture with another smile.

"Right, well you don’t have to worry about me. I can walk myself there." I spun on my heel and continued until I was on the sidewalk, stopping at the mailbox. Opening it, I dropped in the charms and raised the bright red flag on the side before closing it. I smiled at the confused looking boys as I turned right and began walking.

"Uh, Kelly?" I turned back around when I heard the quiet voice belonging to Mikey. "School’s this way," he said, pointing a thin finger to the left as Frank smirked at me.

"How about you walk with us, then? Just for today," said Frank. Him and Mikey began walking in the opposite direction of me.

And then it occurred to me; how far would I have walked before realizing I had know idea how to get to the school from here?

Mentally kicking myself in the head, I caught up with the two boys, keeping about five feet behind them.

"So Kelly" the sound of my name caused me to pick my head up and look at Mikey, him and Frank slowing their walking pace until they were on either side of me. "Frank says you were the one who broke Kendra’s nose. Is that true?" he asked, looking down at me with his honey colored eyes.

Thanks, Mikey. I had forgotten all about that chick until now.

"A little bit," I smiled sheepishly.

"Dude, I am sensing the start of a beautiful friendship here," he smiled, draping his arm over my shoulders. "You have no idea how much I love you for that. I could just. . . kiss you," he said, throwing me back with his sudden boldness. I mean, he came off as a shy, quiet guy at first.
"Hey man, I saw her first!" said Frank.

"Screw you. You’ve got a girlfriend." Well that seemed to keep Frank from arguing more. "This one’s mine."

As soon as those last few words left Mikey’s thin, pink lips, I shot my head up, seeing him smiling down at me as he gave me a friendly wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a quick note...
sorry if there's any weird code thingys like < or >
Like I said, this is coming from my quizilla.