The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

Don't worry, love.

I was right outside of the shop now. Those large doors were just a few feet away, with Frank on the other side of them.

But I just had to get stopped here; and by Skyler of all people.

I know this may not necessarily seem like a bad thing to happen, but next time you’re on your way to see Frank and get the second part of your birthday present, you come to me and tell me you weren’t pissed. That’s what I thought.

I looked over at the curb where he was sitting with Camden, each possessing a skateboard and a cup with the logo belonging to Exotic Java on it, and met those green eyes.

I quickly skimmed my eyes from him, to my watch, to the doors, and back to him. I still had a couple minutes. What’s a quick hello?

“Hey guys. What’s up?” I asked conversationally, tucking my hands into my pockets.

Skyler rose to his feet, ushering his annoyed brother up as well.

“Not much…What are you up to? I thought you had plans,” Skyler said, trying to make it seem like he wasn’t really interested in what I had to say, and failing miserably, might I add.

“Yeah, these are my plans,” I laughed nervously. I wasn’t sure what else to say. I couldn’t exactly tell him why I was here. I didn’t even know the answer to that.

“Oh…what are you doing here?” I tried to be sneaky at checking my watch. Thirty three seconds left.

“Uh, Frank is giving me my birthday present,” I told him, scratching my arm almost impatiently. Is that even possible? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure I was doing it.

“Today’s your birthday?” Too many questions! I have to go now!

“Yesterday actually.” I nodded.

He mimicked my actions, bowing his head thoughtfully.

I glanced through the clear, glass doors, hoping to see Frank waving to me to hurry up. But he wasn’t.

“Well, uh, happy birthday then,” he smiled kindly. “Maybe we can go out later this week…like for your birthday.” He bit his lip, much like Friday in the cafeteria, his eyes wide and hopeful.

I smiled and lightly nodded my head. He wasn’t Frank, but, seeing as how it was clear he wouldn’t be asking me out any time soon, I might as well give him a chance. Who knows, maybe I could end up really liking this guy.

“Sounds fun,” I agreed.

He let out a sigh of relief, like he’d been holding in his breath this whole time, and stepped forward to encase me in a quick, friendly hug.

“Cool. How’s uhm…Wednesday?” he suggested, receiving another nod from me in response.

“Well, I’ve gotta go, but I’ll see you two tomorrow at school, ‘kay?” I said to Skyler and Camden, watching them smile and wave as I pulled the door open and stepped inside the brightly painted room.

That wonderfully calming aroma of coffee beans instantly filled my nostrils. I almost had to tell myself to keep walking and not stand in the doorway, eyes closed and inhaling this yummy scent. Sitting myself down at an empty table, I wondered where Frank was. Sure, I was a couple minutes late, but that didn’t mean he had to go and hide from -

“Hey, you,” the sound of his incredibly lush voice made me snap my head up from my stare at the crumb and coffee ring covered table to see him gliding gracefully into the room, coming out of a door in the middle of the long wall.

To the right of the door, a girl, with bright pink hair and many piercings aligning the one right ear you could see from the angle she was at, sitting down on a swing hanging from a bare tree, had been painted using brilliant and intense colors. In the background, a large house sat atop a hill, lightening and rain clouds hovering above it. I didn’t remember those being there last time.

“Sleep well?” he asked, planting a small, swift kiss on my cheek and grabbing my hand to pull me to my feet.

I smiled and nodded, a bit too enthusiastically than intending, causing an amused laugh to pass through his lips.

He started to lead me to the door I’d just witnessed him walk out of. Behind the door was a curtain of shiny, purple beads, which then revealed a large room, full of several more doors, countless glass counters with small items I couldn’t point out from where we were standing in them, and a whole wall dedicated to those tall, plastic cases to show off posters in the turn-page style.

Just then, a loud and alarming buzzing sound emitted throughout the room, making me realize just what this place was.

I went to turn around and exit this room, when fingers clasped around my wrist, pulling me back, in an unhealthy proximity to Frank.

His breath was hot on my neck, his lips practically brushing against my ear.

“Open mind, remember?”

“Frank, there is no way in hell my grandma approved of me getting a piercing,” I huffed, resting my hands on my hips.

He smirked and bit his lip as a restraint from laughing. How was this funny?

“Don’t worry, love. You’re not getting a piercing,” he said calmly, waving it off.

A gust of wind left my lungs and escaped through my mouth in relief. I wasn’t a big fan of pain - especially when it’s pain you’ve purposely brought upon yourself. Well, other than those stupid decisions I’d made in the past, of course…

We’re getting matching tattoos.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I thought I would be nice and update once before I leave for Santa Cruz today.
:D
Oooh, and, speaking of piercings, I'm gettin my lip done Sunday!!!
Chyeah!
Score for meh.
:]
Anywho,
comments would be simply stellar on your part :]]]