The Past is Only the Future with the Lights On

Are you sure you're not stalking me?

Biology was a complete bore. An hour and a half in that hell hole everyday? Not sure I can do that. Luckily, Mikey had that class, too, so I wasn't completely alone in my boredom. In fact, it was my first day at this school, and him and I had already found a way to keep ourselves entertained. The whole class period, we used a sheet of paper and would write one word to each other before passing it off, forming a short story.

It was quite amusing.

"What do you have now?" Mikey's shy voice asked me as we gathered our things after hearing the obnoxious sound belonging to our school bell.

"Uhm. . .geometry?" I asked more than said, Mikey lightly laughing at my answer.

"That's right. You have it with Dahlia, remember?" he asked, opening the door for me so I could walk into the student filled hallways.

"Sure. . .Do you know where I go?" I looked up at him, seeing as how he was a good half a foot taller than me, awaiting an answer.

"I'll take you." I spun around, only to see Frank about a foot behind Mikey and I, smiling at me. "My class is right next to yours," he explained.

"Alright. My next class is this way anyways. Later, guys," Mikey said, pointing behind us before walking away in that direction.

"Are you sure you're not stalking me?" I questioned Frank with a knowing smile once I knew Mikey was far enough away so he wouldn't hear us.

"Pretty sure. But it does seem that we will be seeing a lot of each other while you're here, doesn't it?" he smile, turning his head to look at me.

"It does," I nodded, Dahlia's already familiar face coming into view in front of us.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at lunch," Frank sighed, waving slightly to me and Dahlia as he walked into a classroom right next to the one Dahlia and I were now stood outside of.

"Ready, geometry buddy?" Dahlia smiled brightly, receiving a lousy nod from me.

Math was not my thing.

We walked inside the classroom, students sitting in various places of the room.

"So how was first period?" she asked as we sat in seats next to each other near the middle of the room.

"Meh. It was alright. Better, having Mikey with me," I shrugged, seeing a smile appear on Dahlia's lips.

"Yeah, that kid is something else," she sighed.

Do I detect a crush? Let's find out. . .

"Yeah, I was thinking of asking him out," I lied. Dahlia's eyes went wide and I think she temporarily stopped breathing. But before she could reply to what I had just said, the bell rang, signaling the start of second period.

"Kelly Hastings?" the teacher suddenly called out.

"Yes?" I asked, sitting up slightly in my chair.

"Ah, so you're the new student I was told about?" I nodded. "I'm Ms. Parks and this is my-" the sound of the door being opened and then closing stopped her from continuing with the same speech I'd heard twice already today. "Glad you could join us Mr. Jones."

My head spun and in the direction of the door, my eyes meeting the most incredible green ones I'd ever seen. The boy nodded his head in the direction of Ms. Parks and then sat in the back of the room.

"Hat, Mr. Jones," Ms. Parks ordered, crossing her arms over her chest and sighing in annoyance.

"It's a beanie," he mumbled, pulling the black Lords of Dogtown beanie (XD = beanieman!!) off his head, revealing his rather long, dyed black hair to me and the rest of the class.

Ms. Parks ignored the boy's comment and turned her attention back to me.

"I'm sorry, Kelly. Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?" she asked.

what was it with teachers and that question?

"I'm good," I said, trying to hide the fact that I was becoming annoyed, but probably doing a bad job at it.

Ms. Parks started the lesson for today and I looked over at Dahlia. She had her head resting on her left hand, looking flustered and as if she as ready to pull out her own hair.

Wow, she must really like him if my words had this affect on her, I thought.

My eyes then wandered to the back of the room where "Mr. Jones" was sat, those beautiful green eyes already staring back into my gray orbs. He smirked at me and I quickly looked back to the front of the room where Ms. Parks was stood.