I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

Little Stunt

Ann had had a great time on her date with Jett. He took her out to eat, which was a new experience for Ann in itself. Then he brought Ann for a walk after he had brought her to get her ears pierced that Joann already gave permission to do. She was in heaven the whole night. It was great and she didn’t remember ever smiling so much. And Jett couldn’t remember the last time he had so much fun with anyone let alone a girl. He was just going to drop Ann off but she invited him in, after all there was still time to hang out before he needed to head home. Unfortunately once inside they saw Jared and knew he was up to something. “Maybe I should just go.” Jared said and gave Ann a quick kiss on the lips.
“There you are Ann” Jared said with a smile of mischief.
“Yes I am, now what do you want?” Ann asked and looked to see that Jett was still beside her.
“Just wanted to know where you were.” Jared said
“Why?” Ann asked
“You’re late.” Jared said not going into detail.

“I am not late for anything. Mom knows that I was on a date and would be home at an appropriate time.” Ann said
“You are late for a date.” Jared said with a wicked smile
“No I was actually on time for my date thank you. Just get to the point Jared.” Ann said getting annoyed.
“You’re late for my date.” Someone said from behind Jared. He walked beside Jared and Jett spat out his brother’s name. “What are you doing here Dane?” Jett said clearly pissed off.
“I am here for my date with Ann.” Dane said with what he thought was sexy smile. And before Jett could say anything Dane used his speed to rush in front of Ann and bring her for a kiss. Ann pushed him away but it was too late because by the time Ann was able to free herself Jett had slammed the door behind her.

Jett knew from experience that once Dane had a hold on a girl she was gone forever. Ann looked at the door and then snapped her heads towards Dane and Jared so fast that their laughter stopped mid-laugh. The look that Ann gave them was full of such hatred that both Dane and Jared took a step back. “Don’t. move.” Ann said through her teeth as she tried to call Jett so that she could explain. But it rang once then went to voicemail. Ann’s glare just intensified and the Dane and Jared visibly gulped. “Explain to me what you two got out of this cute little stunt?” Ann asked calmly but sharply.
“A pissed off Jett and a hot girl for a date.” Dane said with a smirk as he regained himself.
“I wouldn’t date you if you were the last vampire alive. Don’t you think that Jett deserves someone? That he deserves to be happy?” Ann asked.

Dane was going to say no but the look Ann gave made him rethink and finally mumbled a ‘yea’. “And for your information what drew me to Jett was that he wasn’t like you two, and I could see that from afar. You two better fix this.” Ann said threateningly
“And if we don’t?” Jared asked with a smirk and Ann smirked back in response.
“Jared I will never see you more than a brother. I look at you and I just see pain and your stunt with Jett just proved that. I know nothing I say will interest you, Dane, and so you have nothing to lose. However, Jared, if you don’t fix your mistake with Jett then I will refuse to speak with, to or in front of you for the rest of my vampire life.” Ann said so darkly that Jared shivered. And with that Ann stormed her way to the kitchen.

“Well that worked completely opposite of your plan” Dane said to Jared. “It’s obvious that you won’t ever get her back. Do you think she will keep up her promise and never talk to you again?”
“No, I think it was just said in the heat of the moment.” Jared said with a shrug.
“Well I have to head home. Beside I think my parents will kill me if Jett told about what happened.” Dane said
“Do you think he would?” Jared said
“No, he probably just lock himself in his room.” Dane said and then walked out of the house after asking goodbye to Jared. Jared locked the front door behind Dane and then headed into the kitchen.

He could hear Ann explaining to their mom about the date that she went on with Jett and he could hear the pure happiness in her voice. And he immediately felt guilt. And he felt even guiltier when he walked into the kitchen and Ann stopped talking mid-word. He looked at her and her face was completely expressionless. Joann looked between the two of them and Jared figured that Ann hadn’t hold gotten to the point of the night when she told their mom what he did. “When did you get your ears pierced?” Jared asked and Ann stayed silent with no expression and looking straight at him, or for him it felt like she was looking right through him.

“What’s going on?” Joann asked looking between Jared and Ann. And Ann had enough, got up without a word and walked to her room. And as she walked away she could hear Jared explaining what he did. Ann was so lost in revisiting her awesome night with Jett that she almost jumped when there was a knock on the door. When Ann didn’t say anything Joann peaked her head in and when she saw Ann sitting in a chair on her patio she walked in to her. When Joan reached her she just pulled her into a hug and Ann instantly broken down and cried.