I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

Can We Meet Up?

It has been a week since Ann had her date with Jett. She tried to call him every day since then but when all she got was his voicemail so she gave up. She hated that he just avoided her without letting her explain. It just showed her how much Jared and his friends were horrible people. And Ann has still yet to say a single word around Jared. When he was in the room she was silent, she wouldn’t even nod or shake her head for an answer. She was just stare daggers at Jared; like she was right now, in the kitchen. “Mom, it’s been a week already.” Jared said as he talked like Ann wasn’t there since she never spoke in front of him he acted that way around her.
“Yet you still don’t do what you need to do to fix the issue. You know what needs to be done and how to do it yet you don’t. Did you know that she tried to call him every day but just got voicemail so she gave up? Ann, the person who we both saw you put through hell, gave up on a chance to be loved like she should be because of you.” Joann said with an annoyed tone of voice.

“But I love her.” Jared said firmly
“Because you showed that so wonderfully” Joann said with a roll of her eyes “You need to come to terms that Ann will only ever see you as a brother and honestly I don’t blame her. If she hasn’t talked to you in a week, can you experience eternity without ever hearing Ann’s voice? Or never see joy on her face? To look into the eyes of someone you love and see that they loathe you in return?” Joann asked. Jared just looked at Ann and then sighed. He shook his head as he lowered it so that he was looking down at the counter in front of him. It was still early in the morning and he knew what he had to do. He silently left the room and started to get ready for the day. Once dressed, he headed out in his car to his friend’s house. When the butler asked if he would like to see Dane he shocked him by asking to speak with Jett instead. The butler looked at him just trying to make sure he heard him correctly before he bowed his head and went to go get Jett.

After five minutes Jett followed the butler to the front lobby. “What do you want?” Jett asked clearly with a tone that told Jared that he better get to the point.
“I was hoping we could talk in a more private room.” Jared stated. Jett just sighed irritated and but told Jared to follow him as he lead the way to a living room that was more like a den that really wasn’t used for much but junk. Once the Jett had turned the light on and Jared was in the room, he shut the door. “Once again, what do you want?” Jett said with the same tone.
“I’m actually here to talk to you about Ann.” Jared said
“And tell me what exactly? How happy she is with my brother? Or you for that matter?” Jett said with an acid tone.
“Actually she isn’t with either of us. I just wanted to come clean about what happened that day.” Jared said as Jett gave him a look to continue. “I had been so set on trying to get with Ann that I took it far too much. I had asked Dane to show up and do what he normal does to take a girl away from you. In my train of thinking I thought that Ann would come running to me for comfort. That never happened, actually the opposite happened.”

Jett just looked at Jared with a blank stare. “She was livid. She said that she wouldn’t talk to, in front of or around me and for a week she as kept her word. She doesn’t even nod or shake her head. She just stares daggers at me and it kills me. I know that she has tried to call you but it just goes to voicemail. I know that you are pissed off at me but I don’t think either of you are going to find anyone better for each other than yourselves. It was unfair for me to take something away from you that made you happy because I wanted it. I know you still have feelings for her and your deserve each other. All I am saying is give Ann another chance, she didn’t do anything wrong. And I promise I will stay away from her as she will only ever see me as a brother and nothing more. And I will try to make sure Dane stays out of your way too. I’m sorry for what I did.” Jared said looking at Jett who just stared at him.

“Well I’ll lead myself out. Just think about what I said. It’s all true I promise that. I just want to see my sweet Ann happy even if that isn’t with me.” Jared said and the lead himself out. He didn’t even bother to see if Dane wanted to hang out. He just wanted to go home. He doesn’t like having to be nice to someone he had tormented almost all his life. And he doesn’t like showing any weakness or admitting that he was wrong in anyway, but this needed to be done even if it wounded his self-image. When he got home he went in the kitchen where he knew his mother would be. And he smiled to himself when he saw Ann. “It’s done. If you need me I’ll be in my room.” Jared said and then left the kitchen. Ann watched him leave then looked at Joann. “What do you think he meant by ‘it’s done’?” Ann asked
“No idea, but I’m hoping it means that he fixed his mistake, well at least one.” Joann said
“I just hope that by him fixing it he didn’t make it worse.” Ann said with a sigh just as her phone went off letting her know that she got a text. She looked at Joann before she read the text.

Can we meet up? The text read and Ann to look at the name twice because it said “Jett”. Ann was really worried now because he hasn’t responded to her at all for a week and then Jared makes a comment about possibly fixing things and now he wanted to talk. It really made Ann worried. Ummm… sure. Where do you want to meet? Ann replied.
Well since you don’t really know anywhere outside your castle, I was thinking that maybe we could meet in your garden. Jett texted
That sounds good. When do you want to meet? Ann texted
I was hoping now :/ Jett replied as he made the same face as the smiley he ended the text with.
Now? Like right now? Ann asked confused
Well yea, because I’m umm already sitting in your garden by the koi fish pond Jett said and hoped that it didn’t come off creepy that he was already there.
I’ll be right there Ann replied. “Mom, I’ll be in the garden if you need me. I guess Jett is already there waiting to speak with me. I hope it’s nothing bad.” Ann said to Joann.
“Alright honey, good luck.” Joann said with a reassuring smile before Ann heading out to the garden.