I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

I'm Done

Jared was shocked when he realized what door he was actually in front of. He never would’ve thought to look in the one place that he caused so pain to Ann in. But seeing now that his earlier actions had hurt Ann, it seemed like a good place to hide. He wanted to talk to Ann, go in there and see her but at the same time he didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know how to act to how Ann acted. She acted so unlike herself. She never would’ve been so verbal to him, or so physical as to punch him in the face. He didn’t even know that Ann had it in her to do that. As he was still listening to her heartbeat, he realized that it was fainter than he has ever remembered hearing it. And that scared him. He slowly opened the door to the room. He tried to be as quiet as he could. He used his vampire sight to see in the dark room instead of turning on a light. He opened the door just enough to get through. He let his eye take the split second it took for them to adjust before he looked around the room from where he stood.

He found Ann curled up in a ball in the far corner of the wall that had the door. She was breathing but her eyes were closed. He took his time walking to her as he didn’t want to wake, afraid of how she would react to seeing him. But as he approached he realized that she was sleeping. He guessed that she must’ve cried herself to sleep. As he stood over Ann, he said her name softly at first and the louder until his voice became normal. She didn’t even move or flitch. Deeming that she was in fact in a deep sleep, he carefully scooped her up and made his way upstairs. Just as he made it to the top of the stairs, his mother came out of the kitchen. “Before you say anything, no she is not hurt. She is in a dead sleep. And I found her in that damn dungeon. Why would she go back there?” Jared asked.

“Maybe she was self-punishing herself for punching you. Where are you taking her?” Joan asked
“I’m going to lay her down in her bed” Jared said and turned from his mother and walked up to Ann’s room. He carefully opened Ann’s bedroom door while she was still draped in his arms. And he gentle placed her down on her bed and even pulled the covers up over her. He slowly walked of the room and shut the door as slowly and quietly as he could. And once the door was shut he went into the kitchen, he was after all hungry. “Is she still sleeping?” Joan asked as her son went through the walk in pantry. “Yes. I tucked her into bed. I hope she doesn’t get startled when she wakes and realizes she’s in her room and not the dungeon. I would really like to know why she would hide there.” Jared said.
“Maybe she hid there because she knew that was the one place that you would never look. She probably thought it was the best choice in a hiding place.” Joan said.
“Yea” Jared said.

“Honestly Jared, why do you do these things to this poor girl? Do you enjoy it? How much longer to you think she can take this before she just say no?” Joan asked
“She umm already said that she was done. When she found me she said she was done and that we are through. Do you think she’ll hold her word to that?” Jared asked
“I don’t know maybe.” Joan said with sigh.
“I hope she doesn’t” Jared said as he got ready to make himself a peanut butter and Jiff’s mocha cappuccino chocolate spread. “Oh and I’m going to need an ice pack for where I slapped her. It’s already starting to bruise.”
“You know what, I’m done. You are never getting another personal servant ever again.” Joan said threateningly
“Just please don’t take Ann away from me”
“But it doesn’t even seem like you can take care of her. I’ll let Ann decided if she wants to stay here or if she wants to go to my friend’s or whatever she thinks she’ll want”
“I don’t want her to leave”
“Well maybe she wants to” Joan said.

Jared just hung his head. He ate his sandwich and then cleaned up his mess. He then got an ice pack and brought it up to Ann. However when he got there he couldn’t get in. Ann had woken up and was startled to find that she was in her room. She then went and locked the connecting door and her own bedroom’s door. She was also smart enough to take the small key that was hidden on top of the door frame. Jared walked back into the kitchen, unable to get into the room. “Mom, can you bring Ann the ice pack? She’s locked both doors and took their keys off the door frame as well” Jared said annoyed. Joan just shook her head, grabbed the ice pack from her son and walked to Ann’s room. “Ann, it’s me Joan. Please let me in. I have an ice pack for your cheek. Please let me in” Joan said after she knocked on the door.

Ann slowly opened the door and let Joan in and then shut the door behind her. “Joan, I don’t know what to do. I punched him in the face. I don’t know what came over me. I was just so upset that he cheated on me like that and that he punched him. I don’t know what to do” Ann said to Joan as Ann sat down on the bed.
“Well that was very unlike you but I’m not upset with you.” Joan said as she gave Ann the ice pack to put on her swollen cheek. “He really hurt you, I know that. I do however have an offer for you. I have a friend that wouldn’t mind another servant. I can send you there if you would like. I can tell you right now that they will not treat you as well as we do here. But if you feel like you don’t want to be here anymore then I can give you to them” Joan said
“I don’t want to leave. It’s so nice here despite what’s happened so far. I just don’t wish to be with Jared anymore. Would I have to go back to servant duties?” Ann asked.

“Well technically you belong to Jared, not dating but you were given to him so that means the decision is up to him. So you’ll have to talk to him about it.” Joan said.
“I don’t want to see him. It’s almost like he enjoys hurting me. Why would he cheat? Because he’s in control of them and can make them do whatever he says?” Ann asked
“I don’t know why my son does the stupid things he does. But I’ll let you be. Keep the ice on that cheek, it looks kinda bad” Joan said.
“I will” Ann said
“Okay good. And if it makes you feel any better, you are like a daughter-figure to me” Joan said
“It does make me feel a little bit better” Ann said as Joan smiled then left.

Ann had fallen asleep after Joan left and was woken up by the sound of someone trying all their might to open a locked door. Ann realized it was Jared trying to get into her room through her bedroom door. Ann jumped up out of bed to make sure that she had locked her bedroom door. And just as she was about to lock the door, as she had left it unlocked, Jared opened it. Ann quickly ran and locked herself in her bathroom. Jared heard this and stood in front of the door. “Ann let me in” Jared said softly. Ann ignored him as she was curled up in a ball in the corner of her shower. Silent tears slid down her cheeks and her body was trembling. Jared jingled the door handle so hard that broke the door off its hinges. Ann held her breath as she saw Jared slowly walk into the small bathroom. Once he saw Ann, he walked to the edge of the shower. “Ann.” Jared said as his voice was still soft.

Ann started to shake even more. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to punch you. I don’t know what came over me. I’m sorry. I’m sorry” Ann ranted.
“No, I’m the one that should be sorry. I never should’ve slept with another servant. That was not nice of me to do to you. I was afraid of something like this happening. That I would hook up with a servant and then they would make a relationship out of it. I want a relationship with you and only you.” Jared said as he stayed where he was.
“I’m keeping to my word; I’m done” Ann simply said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I"m sorry this update took so long, i've been really busy since i got a new job and i have so much going on right now. But i will try to update when i can. Thank you for your patience.