All That Still Matters

A Guy Can't Like Me For Me

"Where are we going?" Daphne asked Louie as she followed him through the crowded Olympic Village area. They had just been eating dinner when she had told him that she was extremely nervous about preliminaries, which were only two days away, though that had to be normal.

"We're getting your mind off of competition," Louie said, grabbing her hand to make sure she didn't get lost as he navigated his way back towards the hotel.

"Don't I want to be focusing on the games right now?" Daphne questioned. "That is what I've been training for all this time," she reminded him.

"You can take one night off," Louie told her. "C'mon, Scotty's waiting on us," he said, continuing to pull her through the crowd.

"Scotty?" she questioned, but Louie either didn’t hear her or ignored her. A few minutes later, they were heading towards Louie room, and Daphne wondered just what exactly Louie had planned.

"Hey man, you got it ready?" Louie asked, opening the door to his room.

"Yep," Scotty answered, and Daphne saw him sitting on one of the beds.

"What's going on?" Daphne finally questioned, looking between the two men before Scotty motioned towards the Wii that was set up in the middle of the room.

"You're up," Scotty told her, turning the television and the gaming system on.

Daphne started laughing when she saw what video game they were about to play. "Snowboarding? Really?" she questioned, looking between the two men.

"Daph, I know you're freaking out about competition, and I know no matter what I do, you're going to be thinking about it. So, I'm trying to help you out here. Just forget everything else, and just have a little fun, okay?" he smiled at her.

"Fine," she said, returning the smile. She stepped up on the balance board, getting ready to start.

Two hours later, they were all laughing as Louie crashed. "I hope you're better in competition than you are here," Scotty told him. "On second thought, I hope you're not. That way, I can steal your spot on the podium," he joked.

***

Daphne had been relaxed up until now, when she had to go for another interview. Competition was the following day, and the reporters wanted to talk to her to see how she was doing, what was going through her mind. She had tried to stay away from them, staying in her relaxed state that Louie and Scotty had put her in, but she knew it was inevitable. So, she finally agreed to one interview, and lucky for her, they had asked Louie to do the interview with her, wanting an inside look at the snowboarding couple.

"I can't believe you agreed to this," Daphne said as they walked to where the interview was supposed to take place. "Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful you're going to be there with me, but I still can't believe you agreed to it," she repeated.

"Daph, I know how you get," Louie told her. "For some reason, you get so antsy with interviews, and you start freaking out. Tomorrow's competition. You can't freak out now."

Daphne stopped in her tracks, turning towards Louie, who turned to look at her curiously, wondering why she had stopped. "Thank you," she smiled at him before pressing her lips to his. He intensified the kiss before Daphne finally pulled away, continuing to walk towards the interview without another word, simply grabbing a hold of Louie's hand.

They walked in to the interview just like that, hand-in-hand, and they saw the journalist sitting at the table, a smile spreading across her face when she saw them. "Well, isn't that just adorable?" she cooed at them, causing Daphne to blush a little. "I'm Adeline Madchen," she introduced herself, holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you," Daphne told her with a smile, as they all sat down. Adeline started her voice recorder before she began conducting the interview.

"Okay, let's get right into it," Adeline began. "How are you guys feeling about competition?" she asked. "Daphne, yours is tomorrow, correct? And, Louie's is in a couple of days?"

Daphne nodded her head. "Yep," she told her. "That's right. And, I'm nervous as hell," she admitted. "I'm just trying to remain calm, and the guys here have helped me out a lot to try to get my mind off of the competition for a little while so I'm not so nervous."

"Really?" Adeline asked. "What have they been doing?"

"Nothing too major. We play video games and stuff like that. I mean, I'm still focusing on the competition. That's why I'm here, of course I'm going to focus on it. But, Louie's kind of showed me that sometimes it's good to get my mind off of it for a little while," she smiled.

"And, Louie, what's going through your mind right now with your competition only a couple of days away?" Adeline questioned.

"I'm just happy to be here," he told her. "I wasn't a sure bet to even make it to the Olympics, so to be here right now is amazing. And, I'm really looking forward to watching the women's competition tomorrow. I figure I can get my mind off of my competition for a couple of hours to watch that," he said with a laugh.

"Do you guys think it's an advantage or disadvantage to have each other here?"

"Advantage," they said simultaneously, turning to smile and laugh at each other as they said it together.

"I think it's so much better to have Louie here," Daphne said. "I've got my boyfriend here who's supporting me through everything. He knows me better than just about anyone else, and he knows what to do or say to help me out and make sure I get through all of this without a meltdown," she said with a small laugh.

"Definitely," Louie agreed. "You know that even if you crash on every run and finish last that you've still got someone there supporting you," he said, looking over at Daphne, who smiled at him.

"You two are just so cute," Adeline smiled, continuing the interview.

Twenty minutes later, they were finished and free to go. "So, what are you up to now?" Louie asked Daphne.

"I think I'm going to go get Piper and make sure I'm ready for tomorrow. Do you want to have dinner tonight though?" she asked him with a hopeful smile.

"Definitely," he replied. "Just call me whenever you're ready to go."

"Will do," she said, giving him a quick kiss before heading off towards Piper's room.

When she finally got there, she found the key to her room in her wallet, and she unlocked the door, her eyes going wide with what she saw and heard. Piper was lying in her bed, a thin sheet covering her naked body, and the shower was running. "God, Piper, we came here for the Olympics, so that you could help me win that gold medal, not so you can sleep with Daniel Grayson!" she exclaimed.

Piper quickly grabbed the comforter on the bed, wrapping it around her body to cover herself up. "Daphne…wait, how'd you know I was with Daniel Grayson?" she questioned, suddenly comprehending what Daphne had just said. "I never told you his name," she eyed her suspiciously.

"He was friends with Katrina. I couldn't figure out who exactly he was, but I knew I'd seen him somewhere before. it was because he was good friends with Kat," she explained. Ever since she had first saw the guy in Piper's bed, she knew she'd seen him somewhere before. All of a sudden, the night before, she finally recalled where exactly she knew him from: he was always hanging around Katrina when Daphne and her had hung out the year before. "Piper, you do realize that Kat probably had him sleep with you for a reason," Daphne told her.

"What?" Piper questioned. "So a guy can't like me for me? There has to be some other reason behind it?"

"That's not what I meant, and you know it," she argued, just as the door to the bathroom opened up.

"Hey, Piper…" Daphne heard a man's voice trail off when he realized Piper wasn't alone in the room.

Daphne spun around at the familiar voice, her eyes widening. "Mason?" she asked, her jaw dropping wide open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty much a filler chapter up until the very end.
But, the very end is what makes this chapter my favorite one!
Leave a comment, let me know what you think!