All That Still Matters

Look At You Getting All Sappy

"You know, this would be hilarious if Louie wasn't dating Daphne and if this wasn't going to end up all over the press," Scotty commented, and Mason nodded his head excitedly in agreement. The two of them continued to watch a drunken Louie try to flirt and hook up with random girls on the streets, failing miserably, up until now.

A blonde haired girl seemed to be taking to his drunken charm as Louie flirted shamelessly. "Okay, man," Scotty intervened, knowing that if he didn't, Louie was going to do something he regretted. "Let's go back to our room," he said.

"No," Louie yelled, elbowing Scotty in the stomach to get him away from him.

"Damn it," Scotty cursed, looking back at Mason. "Where's this help that you called for?" he asked, clutching his stomach. "Whoever it is better be some damn martial artist to get this kid out of here," he said, pointing back to Louie, who now had his arm wrapped around the girl's waist.

"Louie, stop," Mason told him, feeling like he was babysitting. He rolled his eyes as Louie continued flirting. Sure, Mason was used to drunkenness and immaturity, but to see Louie like this right now was driving him crazy. Not to mention, it was partially his own fault that he was acting like this, as he was only doing this to get his mind off of Daphne.

Mason let out a sigh of relief when he heard his cell phone ring. "Thank God, where are you?" he asked Piper, hoping she was somewhere close. He hoped she would be the one that would be able to stop Louie from doing anything that would get him kicked out of the Olympics. "Shit, Louie, stop!" he said, shoving Scotty towards Louie, who was now making out with the girl.

"What's going on?" Piper questioned.

"Where are you?" Mason repeated, not answering her question.

"I'm by the hotel," she told him, and Mason proceeded to give her directions on where to find them. "Okay, we'll be there in like two minutes," she said, hanging up the phone, leaving Mason standing there, wondering what she meant when she had said 'we'.

But, he didn't have to think about it too much longer as he soon realized what she meant when he saw her followed by Daphne. "Oh, this is going to be good," Scotty muttered upon seeing Daphne. "I wouldn't want to be Louie right now," he said.

"What the hell is going on, Mase?" Piper asked, practically running up to Mason and Scotty. "What's wrong with Louieā€¦" she trailed off, looking behind the two men to see Louie kissing the blonde. "What the fuck?" she questioned. Daphne followed Piper's gaze, and her eyes widened when they laid upon Louie.

She stormed over to him, pushing him back from the girl, causing him to stumble a bit, but Scotty helped him out, stabilizing him. "You love me, huh?" she asked him. "Yeah, this sure looks like you love me," she said sarcastically, turning around and walking away.

"God, Louie," Piper muttered, walking towards him. "Come on, let's get you back to your room," she said, but Louie pushed her away, causing her to slam right into Scotty, who steadied her. "Hey, I'm trying to help you out here before you fuck everything up," she told him. "Now, let's go," she ordered, but Louie didn't move. "Guys, can I get a little help, please?" she requested.

"No!" Scotty cried. "Last time I tried to move him, he elbowed me in the stomach!"

"Guys!" Piper called out, and they knew better than to ignore her. They finally got Louie away from the girl and back to his room, letting him collapse onto his bed and sleep it all off.

The following morning, Louie woke up with a massive headache. "Shit," he muttered, grabbing his head, as he just lied in bed, staring up at the ceiling. Fortunately, Scotty had been kind enough to keep the blinds shut and not let the light in.

"You're an idiot," he heard Piper's voice ring out, and he turned over to see her sitting in Scotty's bed, cross-legged, staring at Louie. "You know that, right? You might be the stupidest guy in the freaking world."

"Piper, can you please lower your voice?" he requested, and he knew as soon as the words left his mouth he shouldn't have said them. "And, how the hell did you get into my room? Where's Scotty?"

"No, I won't lower my voice," Piper told him, ignoring his last two questions. "Do you even remember what you did last night?" she questioned, and when Louie didn't answer right away, she told him. "You fucked up whatever kind of relationship you had with Daphne. God, Louie, how could you be so stupid?" she asked.

"If I recall," Louie began, sitting up in bed and looking over at Piper. "Daphne kind of fucked up our relationship when she made out with Mason."

"Oh my God," Piper groaned, rolling her eyes. "You two need to talk to each other. You have to have the worst communication of any couple I've ever seen. A lot of misunderstandings have happened between the two of you, and all you guys need to do is talk it out and you'll realize that, instead of making out with random people as revenge."

"What do you know that I don't?" Louie questioned.

"A lot," Piper admitted. "Daph and I talked everything out, and we're fine now. If you would have kept your tongue out of a random girl's mouth, I could say the same thing for you, but now I'm not sure."

Louie groaned. "Fuck," he muttered.

"Yeah, that's exactly what you should be saying at this point. You better start thinking of ways to make this right with Daph because at this point you and her can both kiss the podium goodbye," Piper told him.

"I don't get why you're on my case. Need I repeat she was making out with Mason?" he asked, going over to his suitcase and pulling out the ever-handy aspirin, popping a couple of pills before chugging down on his bottle of water.

"And, need I repeat you two need to talk?" Piper countered. "I'm not going to deny that she screwed up when she kissed Mason, but that was Kat's fault."

"What?" Louie questioned, more confused than ever. "Kat? What the hell does that bitch have to do with anything?"

"Just let Daphne explain, please?"

"Fine," Louie sighed. "But, can I at least shower first?" he asked.

"Yeah, you better wash that skank off of you before you go talk to Daph," she smiled at him.

***

Both Louie and Daphne were nervous as they sat across from one another at the lunch Piper had forced the two of them to have together, saying they needed to talk. They'd both made some mistakes in the past few days, and they knew it.

"I guess I should start," Daphne said, looking up from her fish she was moving around on her plate instead of eating it. "I messed up by kissing Mase. Don't blame him for any of this, it was all me. I got upset when I saw you and Piper on that bed, and I ran into Kat, and long story short, she told me to get revenge on the two of you, and I saw the perfect chance when you and Piper walked up that hill. I kissed him to make you jealous, and that was it," she explained. "I don't have feelings for him, and nothing's ever gone on with us before. It was just that one kiss. And, I know it was stupid," she said, looking back down at her plate, embarrassed by her actions.

"Nothing happened between me and Piper," Louie told her.

"I know," Daphne nodded head. "Well, I know that now. I didn't believe that when I kissed Mason, not that that was an excuse."

"I got pissed off when I saw you and Mase kissing, and I thought we were over, and I went out and got plastered. That's why you found me kissing that girl. She meant nothing to me. Daph, I love you, you know that, right?"

"Can we just forget about all of this and just go back to normal and focus on the Olympics. God, Louie, we're at the fucking Olympics, and what are we doing? Cheating on each other! That's not us."

"No, it's not," Louie agreed.

"So, do you think we can head up to the mountain and try out that Double Crippler?" she smiled at him.

"Not yet," he said, and Daphne looked over at him. "There's one more thing. I need to know why you were so into Mase and Piper's relationship." Daphne sighed, and Louie continued. "Please, just tell me." Daphne nodded her head, knowing he deserved an explanation after everything they'd been through, and she told him exactly what she told Piper. "Daph, we're not them," Louie said when she had finished.

"I know that, and I know it sounds stupid, but it makes sense to me," Daphne said.

"Well, I'm going to prove to you that love does exist, and we're going to make it through. I promise you," Louie told her.

"Look at you getting all sappy," Daphne laughed.

"Shut up, and let's go grab your board so we can work on that Double Crippler," he replied.

"Let's go," Daphne smiled, happy to have things back to at least somewhat normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?