Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

To the Beginning of the Beginning

“If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament”- Florynce R. Kennedy

James Potter POV.

It’s a treacherous night. Thunder boomed and lightning struck across the sky as I, James Potter, rushed Lily to St. Mungos. You see, we were just about ready to eat dinner, as she fell to the floor in pain, water leaking from her. She was in labor. So now, we are at the hospital and I by her side.

“Come on Lily. Just one more push, that’s all it takes. Just one more push. You can do it!” I encouraged her as the head was crowning. From what I could see the child had auburn hair, but then again it might’ve been the blood.

“I’m trying James!” She shouted at me while cracking my wrist. “Don’t you dare tell me you’re in pain James Potter!” She croaked as I winced, then I stared in shock of the words uttered from her mouth.

“Don’t take her words to heart young man. It’s just labor pains. When this is all over she’ll calm down....or a man can dream.” The healer with us said the last part tentatively considering the fact that she had screamed at that time.

Eventually, the child was out and Lily unconscious. It was a girl. But wait, what happened to the other child? The one that had a breech? I thought it was the girl who was in the breech. This can’t be right, unless....

Right at that moment, Lily decided to scream yet again, breaking my epiphany.

“By jove, Another one! The woman is knocked out. We will have to use other means to get this child out.” Gasped the healer as I slowly crept to the sonograph to see what in the world was going on inside of Lily. What I did see shocked me to an extent. It showed that my first calculations were correct. It was the one with the breech that had gotten out first. As I watched this, a million questions ran through my head. Will Lily survive? Will our son survive? I started really panicking. Will our daughter last with Voldemort trying to get us? Will we last? Will they grow up as orphans? Will they be separated?

“Dear man, get a hold of yourself!” Shouted a voice in my ear, awakening myself to my surroundings. He went yet again. “If you’re not busy, would you mind, oh I don’t know, HELP GET THAT CHILD OUT OF YOUR WIFE’S WOMB! Hurry up lad, we haven’t got time to lose.” Apparently, the healer was panicking as much as I was, which is a shock. I quickly helped him first set him up, and then get the second child out. Lily was starting to gain consciousness and we together pushed the child out the old fashioned way. Finally, the head crowned, and both the children were out, but the story happens to have just begun my friend. For as you see, after this I received a letter from no other than Albus Dumbledore.

Dear James Potter,
I have the sorrowful duty of writing down and enlightening you of happening events. At this day, a prophecy for each of your children was created. I know each because the day speaks of it. I am depressed to announce this prophecy for your son from now Professor Trelwany.

“The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches...Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies...And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh one dies....”


I wept as I read this. My own son will have to face this. My own son! This is an outrage, but wait, there’s more.

The previous one concerned your son, but the following one concerns your daughter with a few similarities as your son’s.

“As the seventh month dies one of midnight’s daughters will be brought forth...She will have power we know not and pain beyond our greatest imaginations. She will defeat the Dark Lord with her soul, if only she does not kill her soul first...She will hold as many secrets as the world holds people...With this and only this, she will conquer all those whose seek against her soul...As she is announced the stranger to herself and everything to all...She will be born as one of midnight’s daughters as the seventh month dies....”


By the time I got to the part in which she would suffer great pain, I was on my knees.

Be strong James, be strong. I’m afraid that the soul means her brother and that this means she might kill him someday. I have my best wishes in both of them being together, but for their own safety they will have to be separated.

Sorrowfully Said,
Albus Dumbledore


I was sobbing now. I wish I could redo the past so that I reverse the pain and suffering. I would do anything for this not to happen. Be strong James, be strong. I will do as Dumbledore wishes and not disobey him.

I’m afraid that Lily will never know of her daughter.

I’m afraid that our daughter will kill our son.

And mostly, I’m afraid that she will not die with the happy knowledge that her twin brother knows of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my first attempt at a fan fic. I could really use the support! comments would be much appreciated.