Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

The Train

“Millions long for immortality who don not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.”-Susan Ertz, Anger in the Sky

Shadow POV

Getting my wand was a difficult job for everyone. I nearly blew up Ollivander’s shop, but eventually one with a crystal at the end, made of yew and tail of threstral, sturdy and a bit flexible at eight and a half inches in length.

Anyways, Ollivander forgave me and was actually a bit excited. After we’d gotten everything I finally started talking to Sev again.

“When do the explanations come in?” I asked.

“I don’t want to repeat myself too often. The professors at Hogwarts want to know as well, so I’ll tell you then. It’s not that long of a wait. It’ll be on the night of your second day of school.” He added, seeing my distraught expression and I sighed. I guess I could live with five days.

We appearated home and I went to sleep. The less I think about it, the less time it’ll take.

------------------------------------

First day of school! I’m so excited. Well, there’s a first for everything. I was all packed up and ready to go. We had to be at Kings Cross station in one hour.

“Hurry up Shadow or we’re going to be late!” Sev called. I ran downstairs and we both appearated.

We ended up behind a corridor and Sev started to check everything off.

“Alright, you’ve got everything. Now, the there’s a barrier. you have to run straight through it. Don’t be afraid or else you won’t go through. It’s best if you just don’t think about it. I have no intention of giving you a worse reputation than you already have. Also, your name hear since you can’t use Potter, will be Shadow Zane De liana. You’ll be alright?” He finished by asking me.

“A bit nervous, but yeah, I’ll be fine.” I replied.

“Good, off you go.” And he appearated. Lets see If i have any luck finding a compartment.

--------------------------------------

I was sitting in an empty compartment when there was a knock on the door, and it slid open. There stood a blonde, yet thoughtful, girl at my age.

“Excuse me, but can I sit here? Not many people want me near them.” She asked, unconcerned.

“Of course. There’s plenty of room here. Help yourself.” I responded. She seemed nice.

“Oh, thank you.” She answered and smiled.

“If you don’t mind me asking a question,” she shook her head, not minding, “why don’t people like you near them? You seem pretty nice to me.”

“Ah well, they just find me a bit strange.” I took in her turnip earrings and necklace made of a strange fruit.

“Actually, your personality makes it more fun to have you as a friend.” I smiled.

“You’d be my friend? Alright, but I warn you, you’ll have a horrible reputation.” She warned.

“People think what they want to think. I think you’re nice and have a sense of humor unlike some people here, so that’s that.” I retorted. If I weren’t a witch, I’d be on the debate team, and I do not like to lose.

She laughed, “‘Kay. Let’s at least pass names. Mine’s Luna Lovegood.”

“Luna Lovegood. Mmm. Your name has a nice rind to it. Mine’s Shadow De liana.” I reposted.

“Has a nice ring to it.” She said, grinning. “What house do you want to go to?”

“Pardon?” I questioned. What house?

“Oh, you’re muggle-born? No problem, I’ll explain. There are four houses. Gryfindorr for the brave and courageous, Ravenclaw for the wise and witty, Slytherin for the cunning and sly, and Hufflepuff for the caring and kind.” She recited as if from a book.

“I don’t think I care as long as people I know are there. It makes me more comfortable even if I get into Slytherin.” I admitted.

“I guess the same thing, although I don’t care much for Slytherin. There’s not a witch or wizard alive who hasn’t gone bad due to that.” She said, eyes wide.

“Good luck. Oh and, can you wake me up when we get there? I didn’t sleep much last night.” I replied.

“Sure. I’ll tell you a little while earlier so that you can get changed. Sweet dreams.” She answered sweetly and innocently, but definitely not enough for it to be an act.

“Thanks.” I muttered and fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Her Outfit