Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Hogwarts!

“Everything is fine today, that is our illusion.”-Voltaire

“Wake up Shadow! You have to wear your robes!” Luna said, gently shaking me. I’m not a person who likes waking up, but I don’t want to go to Hogwarts in these clothes.

While I was out, a boy named Neville had come into the compartment. He was a bit nervous (understatement), but Luna persuaded him that everything would be alright.

After we’d all changed, the train stopped.

“Right on time.” I said, being the random idiot I am while Luna and Neville chuckled and followed me out.

“Firs’ years! Firs’ years over here! All right there, Harry?” A huge man whom I suspected was part giant called. Wait a minute, did hew just say Harry.

I followed his gaze to the boy who haunts my dreams. I haven’t told Sev this yet, but I get visions about Harry from the past, present, and the occasional, inaccurate, future. My suffering was only doubled everyday seeing the pain he was in.

I followed the man as he bellowed, “C’mon, follow me - any more firs’ years? Mind yer step, now! Firs’ years follow me!”

We stumbled a bit as we were led down the path and it was so dark, my godawful eyesight didn’t help one bit!

“Yeh’ll all get yer firs’ o’ Hogwarts in a sec,” He called over his shoulder, “jus’ round this bend here.” This earned a lot of “ohhh’s”

“No more’n four to a boat!” The giant called out, gesturing to a small fleet of boats.

“I’ll sit with them just to squeeze in.” Neville said with a wave. Luna and I were joined by a boy named Justin Flinchy-Flench and a girl named Hannah Abbott.

“Everyone in?” He questioned, having a boat to himself. “Right then, Forward!” And the boats were urged towards the castle as we sat in silence, staring at the castle, which I had to admit was amazing.

“Heads down!” The man giant yelled as we reached our first cliff and I got down just in time.

“Oy, you there! is this your toad?” He asked Neville, checking all the boats as we filed out.

“Trevor!” Neville cried joyfully.

We crowded around an enormous oak door. “Everyone here? You there, you still got yer toad?” And he raised one of his huge fist and knocked on the double doors three times.

The door immediately swung open and there stood a strict, black-haired, emerald robed woman. She looked really elegant.

“The firs’ years, Professor McGonagall.” Said the man.

“Thank you Hagrid, I will take them from here.” Replied Professor McGonagall to the man whom I now knew as Hagrid.

She completely pulled open the big doors, and as we walked I could hear many people towards my right, but she led up to a small chamber. I felt Luna beside me as we all closed in a bit closer than usual.

“Welcome to Hogwarts,” Professor McGonagall began, “The start-of-the term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your Houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your House will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your House, sleep in your House dormitory, and spend your free time in your House common room.

“The four houses are called Gryffindorr, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witched and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever House becomes yours.

“The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.” In front of the entire school! My throat went dry as I thought about standing up in front of so many people. I straightened myself up, but I was mostly already fine, as her beady eyes speculated us.

“I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait quietly.” She finished as she swept out of the claustrophobic chamber room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I make totally random updates for some reason.
Thank you commenters! I'm not going to put names up because I might forget someone, but you know who you are!