Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Confessions Cont

“I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather........not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.” Will Shriner

Shadow POV

We all came out and they all except Dumbledore and Sev gawked at me as if they’d never seen a girl before. Dumbledore cleared his throat and began to speak as everyone turned his attention to him.

“I believe Shadow has a few things to say as well.” He nodded at me. Well, now or never.

“This, as Se-Professor Snape,” I corrected myself, “knows I can speak to snakes. I have a pet snake who I can speak with. Her name’s Amaya, but when I saved her from being killed I made a connection with her that allows us to enter each others minds, feel everything the other’s feeling, and even heal each other as I have an imprint of her on my torso that she can literally blend in with. That also means that she’s in this room, on me, right now.” They were all looking at me as if I’d sprouted a second head, a third eye, and an extra arm.....until I mentioned Amaya was in the room.

“Show them the memory.” He said and I remembered what happened that night and put my wand to my temple. Dragging it away, it came out in a sliver mist that was in the bottle. From there, I directly put it in the pensive. I fell in and was followed by the rest.

Shadow POV six years ago

I was walking in the forest, the footsteps echoing in the deserted domain when I heard a voice. “Help me! Help me!” It was practically a child’s voice so I couldn’t ignore it and I ran in the direction which was a pretty stupid thing to do.

There, I saw a snake and a woman. She had dirty and matted super curly hair and heavily lidded eyebrows and a black cloak. She was laughing maniacally which made me think that she had escaped from a mental asylum and I hid deeper in the bushes. I studied her even closely and saw that she was pointing a stick that burst into light whenever she spoke strange words and it was in the direction of the snake I had heard. I was surprised that I could understand snakes but it was quickly dubbed when I saw it was in pain. I did the craziest thing imaginable. I hopped onto the woman’s back and pulled her hair till she screeched and before she could see me, broke the wand in half. By the time she had turned around, I’d already grabbed the snake and run off.

The snake curled on by wounds, licked them, and they surprisingly were healed. It also curled up my shirt, which tickled, and I was in pain. Then again, it went away as quickly as it came and the snake slithered out. I looked and saw an imprint of her on me. She was only two inches in length, so it wasn’t that big. I smiled at her.

“Thank you for saving me from her. You see, I nearly bit her since she stepped on my nest and destroyed all my brothers and sisters. She was a witch. When she started cursing me, she put magic in blood. That caused me to heal your wounds. When I imprinted myself onto you I became a part of you. I’m afraid that I will only be able to die when you do. Not exactly living the life-span in which I should. Shall I stay with you?” I was guessing
it was ashe. She also seemed friendly enough.

“Yes, you can stay with me. Do you have a name? I don’t feel like calling you she all the time.” I admitted.

“No, I don’t. I was the first born and my mother didn’t come back. Not that I expected her to.” She said. Poor thing.

“How about Amaya? It means night rain and suits you perfectly.” She nodded. Amaya it is then. Ohh, I wonder if the boy can talk to snakes as well....


We came out, and by the looks in their faces, it raised just as many questions as it answered. Suddenly, I realized something.

“That woman. You called her Bella didn’t you?” I asked Sev. She didn’t change much and I could still recognize some of the features. He looked a bit uncomfortable, but he nodded.

“Her name is Bellatrix Lestrage and I have to say she was captured about the time you saw her. You were lucky she didn’t see you then, or else she probably would’ve recognized you now.” The man has a point. Professor McGonagall asked yet another question.

“What did you mean when you wondered whether the boy could speak to snakes as well?” She questioned.

“I have a mental connection with Harry that allows me to feel his pain, see his past, present, dreams if he’s asleep, and the occasional future.” I replied much to their shock.

“I’m not to surprised about the connection, but future? Is that prophecy?” I was extremely offended when she asked this.

“Not prophecy, but possibilities as long as it concerns Harry or me. It’s only when we’re in danger though. For example, when he was younger I got a few. One was when he would drown, another was when he would jump across the pool with magic. In the first one he was over-thinking it because he wasn’t in much of a hurry. In the second one he was being chased so he didn’t have much time to think about it. So, it depends on the choices made.” I answered, Dumbledore nodding. Then, Sev began to speak.

“I might’ve forgotten to add this. Some Death Eaters found me a little while after I’d brought Shadow home. They thought that she had potential, and the younger the better, so they marked her.” Everyone was quiet.
♠ ♠ ♠
All right people! Just a heads up for those of you who don't comment. Harry can't figure out they're twins because then Voldemort would kill them both, and we can't have that happening. So, no offence, don't get your hopes up until the sequel in which he will finally find out.