Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Let’s Skip to the Middle part 2/2

Where we left off....
-------------------------------------------------
“I know that you have many questions Shadow, but maybe this should answer some of them. The day your father made me your godfather, he was in tears. At first, I thought it a trick, but then, seeing him letting his guard down like this as he never had before, I listened. He told me about Lily having a breech. How his daughter, that is to say you, wouldn’t have been able to survive because Lily had given birth to twins, yes twins.” He confirmed and continued seeing my expression. “To continue, I must first give you this note. Please do not run away. I have no intention to harm you.” This came as a great shock to me. Why would he harm me? I let him go on and he handed me a letter. Curious, I turned it over to break open the seal and did just that. I got out a letter with an extra note which i decided to leave for later and read the first one.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall


Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Now to Continue
------------------------------------------------------
“This is a joke, right?!?” I exclaimed after I was done reading, glaring my cold glare at him that has bullies on their knees, but he did not falter.
“I’m afraid that this is no more a joke than we are sitting in this orphanage. If you want proof then,” He took out something that looked cleverly like a stick, pointed it at my cracked glasses and muttered, “ocullus reparo.” Instantly, my glasses were repaired. I took them off and inspected them and then put them back on. Then I asked a question that I didn’t think would be answered, but I was proved wrong.
“But sir,” I began as he watched me under a hawks gaze. “I have no doubt that you are a wizard, but how in the world am I a witch?” I question as his feature shifted to amusement. What in the world was wrong with this man?
“I am quite sure that you are indeed. Have ever strange things happened to you? Things that you couldn’t explain?” He questioned as easily as he were mentioning the time.
“Now that you mention it, there have been such experiences.” I replied as I recalled time time in which the fountain water attacked a bully named Mildred Huffer, and the time in which someone cut off all my hair at night, and it had re-grown by the time I went to breakfast. Wait, I really need to ask...
“Does speaking to snakes count?” I blurted out. The second the words escaped my mouth he went pale and stared at me wide-eyed.
“Hello? Anyone in there? I called out to him, breaking him out of his reverie.
“Sir, what is so wrong with being able to speak to snakes?” I asked him considering the fact that he seemed fearful.
“My dear girl, the last person to have this ability was the same person to kill you parents! It is given from generation to generation, but how you got the ability not being related to Salazar Slytherin himself is beyond me.” He said, baffled. This is a rather unusual case. I still have more questions!
“Sir, if you don’t mind me asking, what was his name. Not a mere nickname he gave himself, or what you call him, but his true and full name. I wish to know just enough about him.” By the look of horror on his face, I could tell that he didn’t want to answer, but he did anyways.
“I will give you all of his names if you wish. What the world calls him is You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, He calls himself Lord Voldemort, and I call him the Dark Lord. His true name is Tom Marvelo Riddle.” He said, scared out of his wits.
“That is ridiculous! Why is everyone afraid of his name? There is nothing to fear in but a name! That is the absolute idiotic name I’ve ever heard! Who in their right minds would call themselves “Lord Voldemort”? The Dark Lord? Ha! It’s as if you serve him.” I raged it all out and meant every word I said and Lord Voldemort as if I were talking about those junior high sluts who’s already lost their virginity not due to rape.
“There is much you don’t understand you foolish girl. Keep what your questions to yourself!” He took a deep breath. “Sorry, lost my temper for a moment, but please, for you parents’ sake as well as mine, keep your outbursts to yourself.”
Wow. He’s really bipolar. I guess that he’s right. I lost my temper as well.
“Come on then. You didn’t want to stay in this orphanage so you can stay at my house for the time-being. Mind you, it’s not exactly luxurious, but at least there are no beatings.” He said, anger glinting in his eyes. “Come on then. Pack up and don’t leave anything behind. I’ll go back to that sergeant Millers and tell him about me being your godfather and collecting you. Now please hurry up.” He said and left the room in search for Sergeant Millers.
I rushed to my room and packed up what little things I had and called Amaya with my mind explaining all that’s happened and what is to happen. Bond, remember? She was waiting outside my window within minutes. I put her in my bag quickly nodding and leaving a gap for her to breathe through and silently, taking the stairs two at a time, went down the stairs. There, Severus Snape was waiting.
“Well, you sure took your time.” He said calmly, clearly amused. I didn’t tell him why because Sergeant Millers was still there.
“All right then. Everything is packed up, all documents filled out, and all ready to go. Have fun with your new like Shadow.” Sergeant Millers managed to grunt out.
Yes. Maybe for once in my life I will. I thought as I walked silently out the door with Severus (I think I’ll call him Sev) and got into his car, watching everything I was leaving behind with no regret, remorse or even the slightest bit of sorrow through the rusty windows of the pickup truck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two of two. Hope you liked it!

Her Outfit