Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

I Never Thought That a Car Ride Could Be So Long

“Everyone is like a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody”-Mark Twain

Shadow’s POV

Severus had told me that he’d come quite a few mile to see me, so the drive would take a while. I myself was flattered considering the fact that most people wouldn’t even climb up a flight of stairs to see me. In this time period though, we got to know each other more. If you can call it that.
“Where exactly do you live?” I casually asked him as we made a left turn around a river bend.
“I was wondering when you’d ask that question. You may or may not like it, but I’ll describe it anyways.” He answered me calmly. “I live in a small two story house by myself. It’s a bit shabby, but nonetheless comfortable to me. If you need any arrangements though, don’t hesitate to ask.” He continued. Wow. That two story house, compared to my room which I share with five others, is a mansion! One thing about what he said made me curious though.
“You live alone? How come? Don’t you have a wife?” I asked, unable to stop myself. Sev looked tense when I questioned him so I quickly added: “Sorry. Couldn’t help myself. You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” We sat in silence for several seconds, then he began to speak.
“Yes, I do live alone mostly because I have no companions. I could never have a wife because the one I love is dead and with my love staying true to one, I could never love another.” He said tonelessly, clearly trying to hide his emotions, but I use the same thing so I could see right through the facade.
“Sev,” he flinched at his nickname for reasons I know not, “I’m used to using the same act since I learned how to talk. It’s of no use to use it against me. Please, I don’t want to be with you and yet distant.” I said softly.
“Forgive me dear, but every time I mention her it happens. Now let’s turn over a new subject.” Sev said. I was relived that he said that and not me. Just then, Amaya shook my whole bag. I almost forgot about her. Best tell Sev before he tries to kill Amaya.
“Oh yes, Sev,” Again he flinched. I wonder what’s wrong, “When I mentioned that I could speak to snakes, I might’ve forgotten to mention that I kept one as a pet.” I nonchalantly stated, hoping he wouldn’t notice.
“A pet? What kind of snake is it?” He asked me. Now I was worried he’s not only kill her, but burn her at the stake.
“She’s, um, a Black Mamba.” I told him so softly I was sure he didn’t hear me. That is to say, until he spoke.
“Mmm. A Black Mamba you say? Aren’t they the world’s deadliest snakes?” He interrogated me.
“Not her sir. She’s rather friendly and much more intelligent than other snakes. For one, she understands English, and for another she has the ability to heal me as I her when we are injured even to the near point of death.” I stated confidently, prepared to defend Amaya with my life.
“Now that, is the most interesting snake I’ve ever heard about. May I see her? From what I know their scales are lovely.” He replied to me easily. I would’ve gone into a state of shock if Amaya didn’t poke me in the side.
“I want to see him as well. He sounds a bit strange to accept a Black Mamba so easily.” Amaya spoke out. Might as well. I opened the flap of my bag and Amaya easily slid onto my arm, resting.
“She is quite beautiful. I guess I have absolutely no problem with her as long as she doesn’t bite anyone.” Sev responded. I released the breath that I didn’t know I was holding and just left Amaya there for the rest of the ride and we didn’t speak again for the remainder of the car ride, but enjoyed the silence. I wonder what’s going to happen next.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll just write this every other day. I can't think it up quick enough.