Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Death Knocks on my Door.

“Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.”-Louis Hector

Severus POV

It’s been a good three weeks since I brought Shadow from the orphanage. It feels really nice having someone around, and although I’d never admit it, it feels like Lily’s with me again.
I closed my eyes, deep in thought, when I heard three explosions that sounded a lot like gunshots.... Or someone appearating. The bell rang and I answered it.
“Hello Snape. It’s been a while since we’ve seen you.” Said a dangerously familiar voice. It couldn’t be! She’s supposed to have a lifetime sentence in Askaban! Bellatrix Lestrage.
“Have a nice time hiding little Snapey?” Snapey? Fenrir Grayback has lost his mind.
“None of this! We were told to take him to the Dark Lord immediately. Who knows what will happen if we don’t follow his orders!” Ahh, dear Lucius. This could be a good thing. He’s terrified of the Dark Lord.
The next thing I know, Shadow tripped down the stairs, most likely eavesdropping. Aye, she may look like her mother but she has her father’s habits.
“Now who would this be? You haven’t gone into foster care, have you Snape? Wait until the Dark Lord hears about Snape and his little baby foster child.” Scratch that. Greyback and Bellatrix have lost their minds. Although, at least I expect it from Bellatrix; her being stuck in Askaban for so long. Then again, she’s right about the foster care part in a way, but still, They might harm her.
“Bella, Behave yourself! The girl has nothing to do with this!” I shouted at Bellatrix in outrage. For the most part, I told the truth.
“ Oh, but she does Severus. But she does. First off, don’t interrupt me while I’m talking. I was speaking with her and her only, got it?” I wrinkled my nose in distaste. “Now sweetheart, what’s your name?” She said, turning her attention to Shadow. I paled even more than I had been and looked at Shadow. No one but she saw it, and she clearly understood it.
“It’s Shadow. Shadow De Liana.” She said bravely, face not changing. She might be arrogant, but at least she’s good actress.
“Well Shadow, you don’t seem to be a squib, muggle, or mud-blood,” How dare she! “What is her blood status?” She turned to me. I barely picked out the harshness in her voice and stated to take Shadow’s card.
“She is half. Mud-blood mother and pure-blood father.” In my cold voice which I usually save for those Gryfindorr students at Hogwarts and out of.
“Oh, what a pity. I don’t get to kill her.” Bella stated as simply as she were talking about the weather. I held back a growl. “Still, they’re better young. She might just make a good Death Eater. Quite pretty as well.” She continued. Shadow herself looked disgusted, and I’m pretty sure that my face mirrored hers.
“Alright then. Side-along appearation it is.” Lucius said, breaking the silence. Shadow looked absolutely bewildered. I’ve been keeping things from the wizarding world out of her knowledge. I knew I had no choice if I wanted to keep Shadow and my charade safe, so I appearated across the street of the Malfoy Manor. I also saw Lucius say something to Shadow, but I couldn’t quite hear what. We were soon led to the doors of the mansion. Shadow herself was staring at it with amazement, but I kept my face emotionless. I’ve been here one too many times. She also seemed confused at the emptiness. Must just be an extra room.
“Alohamora” Whispered Bella when we got to the door. The doors swung open to reveal.... Oh, god no!