Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Home Sweet Voldemort. Lovely

“The fear of death is worse than death”- Maynard Jones Keenan

Shadow POV

The air was even quieter than death. There was a long table filled with people, and something at the head that I couldn’t quite make out. All heads were turned towards us, and I squirmed a bit, uncomfortable with the attention. Suddenly, the thing spoke.
“Welcome, Welcome,” It rasped, “It’s a pleasure to see you all. Severus! You haven’t changed a bit. And who, exactly, would this be?” The thing went on. Its voice was disgusting. Its eyes were disgusting. Its nose was disgusting. It was disgusting, and if you told me this man killed my parents, I’d laugh my heart out in your face. It was a baby! It probably wasn’t alive when my parents were. I was sure the revulsion showed on my face, but if it did, nobody commented on it.
“She’s an old accomplice of mine’s daughter. He left her in my care for a while. She’ll go to Hogwarts and after that I’ll mostly just see her will be when she’s in my class.” Stated Sev as simply as he was talking about the weather. I held back a shiver. The definition of eerie lies in this room.
“Mostly?” The thing questioned. Oh how much I want to know the names!
“You never know when she may get a detention.” He shrugged. “Or perhaps I’ll get another job. You never know.” He finished.
“Well then, what her parents don’t know won’t hurt them. You know what they say, teach them when they’re young.” I was more confused than ever. Teach me what?
“Aw, the poor darling’s confused. I’m guessing Severus didn’t tell her anything about himself.” Bella cackled. If I could just get my hands around that woman’s neck.....
“Yes, yes. She’s delightful.” It hissed. What’s with the change of subject? “She’d be a wonderful Death Eater. Why, just now she was thinking about killing our little Bella here. In fact, if she were armed and enjoyed killing just a bit more, Bella would be six feet under by now!” He cackled and most of the hall joined him. Bella looked disgruntled and I myself wrinkled my nose in disgust. Mind reading? Where have I heard this before?
“Lucius. Hold and straighten her left arm. Don’t worry dear, this will only hurt for a minute.” It said. He had me at hurt. I started to struggle hard, but damn was... Lucius strong.
“This will only hurt more if you struggle. Just keep still.” It’s words fell to deaf ears. The next thing I know, A burning sensation is going up my arm. I didn’t scream, cry out, or let my eyes water, but I did restrain from struggling. It did make it hurt more.
“There we go. That wasn’t so bad was it?” The thing said as if I were a five year old getting her vaccine. I pulled my arm back. The thing smiled. These people are sadists.
“Well dear, let’s explain the basics. You are now bound to me. Run you hand upon the length of the brand and all Death Eaters will be alerted immediately. Death Eaters are people who serve me. You are to address me as the Dark Lord. I admit that I may not be well. Do not worry. I will soon regain my body and be up and about. In the mean time, If you dare disobey me I can still wave a wand upon your death. Truth be told, I can, as you say, read minds. I can also tell if you’re saying the truth in my presence. Don’t lie to me. Now, are there any questions?” Are you kidding me? This, this thing murdered my parents. It is officially my job to make It’s life a living hell no matter what the price.
“I wouldn’t lie to you or the next person willingly. This also applies to your name. If I call you a false name, it is considered lying. I know as much as this. Your real name is Tom Marvelo Riddle. If that is the truth, Your name is Tom.” I’m dead. Well, I’m not going without bringing someone down with me. Might as well be him.
“You will not speak to me this way!” It cried out. I call The thing It because I can’t tell if it’s a boy or girl, and I can speak to It however I want to.
“The truth hurts. It always hurts. It’s the one most lethal thing ever created my muggle or non-muggle. You can’t change it. I’m not trying, you are. It’s best to keep it that way.” I was confident. Who was he to order me around? Who was he to kill my parents? Who was he to kill anyone one he wished?
“You should respect your elders. Do not worry, I will teach you discipline. Take her away and have her dressed for tonight. They will stay with us for a while then go home. Do take care.” It said and let Lucius, and a woman who I guessed to be his wife, let Sev and I out of the room. Lucius took Sev to one and his wife took me to another.
“Get dressed in this,” She threw me a dress, “Accessorize and I will be back to take you to the ball in an hour.
This is not good. This is nowhere near good.
♠ ♠ ♠
She's lucky to be alive. I still have use of her.