Status: I'm sorry for the long hiatus. My muse was dead for so long! I'll see what I can do about continuing this story.

What Difference Will It Make?

Dance with the Devil

“Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.”-Jose Manso's father

Shadow POV

I unfolded the dress and found a silky and sleeveless dress. I’m not a girly girl and am more into hiking and sports than shopping and dresses, but this one may just change my mind. I carefully slipped it on. Hmmm. She did say to accessorize. I looked around and found a curler and tried to (unsuccessfully) curl my hair without burning my fingers. Adding some silver nail polish that dried up instantly, silver lip gloss, a snake bracelet and necklace set, some green eyeshadow, and a pair of green ribbon shoes, I looked in the mirror. I decided that I should probably keep my glasses on since I’m as blind as a bat without them.

“Are you ready?” Asked Lucius’s wife from the other side of the door.

“Yes.” I replied simply so the my voice wouldn’t crack. If this were any other situation, I would be absolutely delighted, but here I am. Ordered by my parents murderer to attend a ball.

She opened the door with an expression of pity which was clearly for me. Have I mentioned how much I hate pity? Well, at least someone hasn’t crossed over to the dark side. Whoa, dark side? That sounded like Star Wars and I hate sci-fi.

“Good. Severus is outside. Your escort will be my son, Draco.” She said without a bit of emotion in her voice. Wow, was she crabby. I was pushed out the door to meet Sev.

“You look as beautiful as your mother.” Whispered Sev into my ear, which I considered to be a good thing.

Soon, I was face to dace with a boy with platinum blond hair who was definitely Draco. Considering the fact that he was looking at me in disgust, This wasn’t going to end very well.

“Let’s go.” The woman said sharply. I’ve got to learn all these names. You know the saying: Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. I definitely think that they’re my enemies.

We arrived in the middle of a beautiful ballroom. I have to admit; they had pretty good taste.

“Welcome, welcome. Enjoy your time here, for it will depend on your choices how long you will stay here, and by the looks of it, that won’t be very long.” Said Tom cruelly as the rest laughed. I don’t have much blush considering the fact that I’ve leaned to control it and that I’ve also practiced control.

“You are correct, but remember not to put loopholes in your words.” I said coolly as everyone caught their breath.

“At least this one has a good mind and sense of humor unlike most here.” Tom said, laughing. The Death Eater joined, though warily.

Sev, although Draco was supposed to be my escort, was with me at all times.

“You shouldn’t do that. I know you hate everyone here, but your father did absolutely everything to make sure you survive. Make sure that his efforts don’t go in vain.” Sev said softly. I thought he hated my father.

“Sev, if you hate my father so much, then wouldn’t the obvious thing for you to do is turn me in?” I asked him. His entire expression softened after that.

“I used to hate him. I’m sorry about everything I did and honestly wish that he were still alive so that I could tell him all that and maybe he could forgive me.” Said Sev sorrowfully. Poor guy.

“Well, I’m his daughter and since he made you my godfather, I’m pretty sure you’re forgiven.” I replied, and actually had a point. Why would my father make a man whom he hates my godfather?

“I guess you’re right.” Sev sighed. “Let’s change the subject. When I said you looked as beautiful as your mother, I wasn’t joking. She always was a rather joyful person who fancied both green and red. I could imagine her wearing that dress.” Sev said. Wait a minute.....

“Remember you said that the woman you loved was dead?” I asked and he nodded stiffly, most likely realizing where I was going. “That woman was my mother, Lily, wasn’t it?” I stated more than questioned.

“I’m afraid so, and that was also my main enmity with James. You can see where that would cause trouble.” Snape stiffly mentioned.

“I’m sorry Sev. She called you Sev as well.” I stated, just realizing.

“I’m so sorry about all that. You look like your mother, you talk like her, and bits of her are in you. Hit me with a pan if I call you Lily, will you.” He said playfully and I giggled.

“Alright then, if you don’t mind, I’ll go get us a drink as your throat must be tired, maybe not as much as mine, from all this talking.” And with that, he swept away, his usual black robes, but with silver lining, trailing behind.

“Excuse me. Would you like to dance?” Said a voice. This one was familiar, but unfamiliar, and I’m afraid I knew who it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not updateing sooner. I officially hate homework and long-arse tests.

the dress