Status: active - slowly.<3

Hanging on Your Last Word

Mr. Right

The next few days rolled on by, and everything was pretty normal - minus the fact that John still always had some excuse to leave whenever I came around. It really was starting to get on my nerves; one second, he'd be laughing and joking around with his band mates or whoever, and then I would walk over, and suddenly, John had to be somewhere else. And if he couldn't find a decent excuse to escape my presence, then he just stood there awkwardly, hazel eyes always glued to the floor, silent as could be. Something was seriously bothering him, and I could tell that it had to do with me. Over and over, I rethought about what I had done the few days before he'd started to ignore me; again and again, I never could really come up with a single solution as to why the lead singer would all of the sudden begin to give me the cold shoulder. And it was getting more annoying with each passing day, not knowing what I had done wrong - if I ever had done anything wrong in the first place.

We were at a venue somewhere in Texas today, some town that started with an A or something - Arlington? That was my best bet; I wasn't too good at keeping up where we were exactly. It was a major accomplishment that i even knew what state we were in. Plus, was there really any point in keeping up with where you are in the country, when a lot of the time, you hit the road again the very next day to head for a new town? Not really; but anyway, we were in some town called Arlington.

The venue was inside of a Six Flags, which was pretty cool. After our set, i really wanted to go ride some rides or something; hey, we got in the amusement park for free, basically, so why not take full advantage of that? Nick was beside me, holding his left hand up to his face to shield his eyes from the blazing sun. It was terribly hot outside; even in my plain white V-neck and cargo shorts, I felt like I was going to burst into flames at any moment. About two feet or so away from us, a few members from The Maine and Forever The Sickest Kids were messing around with eachother, along with Justin and Andrew.

What I meant by few was, everyone from The Maine and FTSK was there, except for John Ohh. He was absolutely nowhere in sight, atleast from what I could tell. Rolling my hazel eyes, I pushed him out of my thoughts and started to listen in on the other boys' conversation. "I'm totally gonna ride that roller-coaster," Pat Kirch was saying as he tucked his long, unkempt hair behind hishuge ears. Most of the other boys rolled their eyes, some scoffing with slight looks of disbelief on their faces.

"No way, man." Justin said, the guitarist of our band. He shook his head for extra effect, his hair falling into his eyes for a moment before he moved it out of the way. "You never ride the roller-coasters, everyone knows that. You always get terrified and want to get off before the ride even starts, Pat."

"And you scream like a girl the second the ride starts," Caleb Turman added with a toothy grin present on his face. The boys' conversation went on like that for a while, Pat defending himself while the other ten boys just made fun of him.

~

Our set ended with the song, "Mr. Right." As we walked offstage, thousands of screams from mostly teenage-girls called out to us. They screamed all of our names and "I love you!" and stuff like that. I smiled to myself; the fans really were amazing. Sometimes it was hard to believe that so many people listened to our music and liked it - liked us.

Next to go onstage was The Maine, of course. Their set was supposed to be about the same length as ours - forty minutes. A few minutes of that time was spent talking to the crowd, though, of course. "Hey, what's up, people?" The lanky singer called out to the crowd, a huge smile plastered on his face. Tons upon tons of screams replied in turn. That right there annoyed me even more - there he was, acting completely, one-hundred percent normal again. As if he hadn't been ignoring his best friend for the past two weeks - no, he acted like everything was fine and peachy. Which it wasn't - atleast, not to me.

"If I Only Had The Heart" started out with Garrett's bass, Kennedy and Jared's guitars, and Pat's drums, with John Ohh's voice soon following. "I fell asleep last night, but I woke up too late. And everything I loved, oh, I began to hate.." I remained side-stage, my thin arms crossed over my equally thin torso. My hazel eyes were locked on John for most of their set, my mind still trying to figure out what I had done. Nothing came to me.

And I grew even more pissed off and annoyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
D:
= sucks.