Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

ten

As January turned to February, I found myself wishing that the break would come faster. Although I was learning a lot and was enjoying it, I was ready for a break. I was getting anxious because my break was in February. I wasn't happy that it was during the same week as Valentine's Day. I never like Valentine's Day, but celebrated it if I had a boyfriend. I didn;t have a boyfriend this year, but I couldn't care less. I was trying to focus on my schooling.

When my break came Marc drove me to the airport and told me to have fun and be careful. I gave him a hug and joked about him burning down the apartment because of his lack of cooking skills before I went to wait for my flight.

When I got to Pittsburgh, I saw Kris, Jordan and Tyler waiting for me by the baggage. I walked up to them with a huge smile on my face and gave them each a big hug. "Tyler," I said when I gave him a hug, "it's been forever!"

"I know," he replied. "But I heard you had a great Christams with these two."

I laughed and nodded my head as the boys lead me to their vehicle.

"So where am I staying?" I asked thinking about what hotel they had me booked at.

"Either Jordan's place or mine," Kris replied from the passenger seat. "You can decide."

"Oh," I said shaking my head, "I don't want to be a burden staying at your place."

"You won't," Kris turned around and smiled at me. "Not at my place at least. I like your company."

"Thanks," I replied.

"What about my place?" Tyler asked with a frown.

"Your girlfriend lives with you TK," Kris said. "How do you think she would react if you brought Bry home and said she was staying there for a week?"

"Oh yea," Tyler said looking down. "She wouldn't be happy."

I chuckled a little, "TK, if I had the choice, I'd pick your place hands down."

"Thanks," he smiled at me. "So where are you actually going to stay?"

I shrugged. "No idea. Who's place is better?"

"Uh, definitely Tanger's," Tyler said after giving it some thought. "His place is bigger. It's kind of like a one story house on the third floor of an apartment building."

"What's Jordan's place like?" I inquired.

"A mess," Tyler said with a smirk.

"It is not," Jordan tried to defend. "It's just not organized."

"So something like your room in Thunder Bay?" I asked, remembering having to go in there to try and find something for his mom.

"Yep," Jordan replied with a smile.

"Then I'm staying at Letang's," I said. "I won't be able to find the bathroom if I stay at your place, Jord."

Tyler and Kris laughed and bugged Jordan about his house while I looked out the window taking in the sights of Pittsburgh. I was excited to see what the 'Burgh had to offer and maybe do some shopping while the boys were at practice.

My daydreaming stopped when the SUV stopped and Kris announced that we were at his place. I looked at the building. It was an older place, but looked well kept at the same time.

We made our way to the third floor, where Kris lived. When we walked through the door I saw a nice kitchen with island seating. The living room was in clean view as well. It had a couple of nice looking couches and a couple of recliner chairs. In the corner of the living room area, there were some wooden chairs and a table set up. I assumed this was the dining room.

Jordan and Tyler took my two bags and followed Kris and I as Kris gave me a tour of his place. The bathroom had a decent sized shower. Kris's room was a bit of a mess, but you could still see the floor. He had a queen sized bed and a dresser set up in his room.

He lead me to the guest room. It had white walls and the queen sized bed had green sheets and a white comforter. It had a few pillows with matching green and white pillow cases. There was a dresser in the corner and a night stand beside the bed.

"This is really nice, Letang," I commented.

"Thanks," Kris said with a smile. "Tyler's girlfriend helped me pick out some of the stuff. She's great with stuff like this."

"Well tell her I think it's lovely, " I said as I walked over to the bed and sat down. The three boys joined me. "So now what?" I asked looking around.

"Well," Kris began, "we are going to go out for supper and then head over to Max's place so that you can meet some more of the guys."

"Do I have to dress nice?" I asked hoping he would say no.

Jordan gave a laugh. "No, we'll probably go to IHOP or something casual. And the guys won't care what you wear."

"Lovely," I said with a smile. "Now out, let me change and stuff and I'll be out in a few."

Once the boys left, I began digging through my clothes looking for my orange tee-shirt and grey vest like thing. I threw on my dark wash straight leg jeans and my blue sneakers before lookingin the mirror to check my brown hair. It was a bit messy so I pulled it back into a pony tail. I pinned my bangs to the side before walking out to the living room where the boys were.

"Ready?" I asked making the boys jump a bit.

They all nodded an we made our way to Jordan's SUV.

After our supper, we headed over to Max's place. I was kind of excited to meet Kris, Jordan and Tyler's teammates. If they were anywhere as nice as the three boys, I was sure I'd love them.

Jordan knocked and a brown haired, blue eyed man opened the door. He looked at me and smiled. "Come in. You must be Brylyn."

I nodded. "Yea."

"Tanger an Staalsy talk about you all the time," he said, clearing up my confusion. "I'm Maxime Talbot, but please call me Max. Welcome to my humble abode."

I shook his hand and laughed at what he had told me. I was going to try to remember the names of these people, seeing as I was still lost on the names of some of Marc's teammates.

The boys lead me to the living room and introduced me to Marc-Andre Fleury, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, who told me to call him Geno.

We all sat around talking and the boys took turns playing different video games. By the time we were leaving, I was having such a good time I almost didn't want to leave.