Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twelve

Several minutes after Kris called me, he showed up at the visitor's locker room with Jordan and Tyler behind him. Marc still had a smirk on his face as he approached Jordan and Tyler, completely ignoring Kris. The three boys started whispering suspiciously. Both Jordan and Tyler had smirks, that matched Marc's, on their face.

"What do you think they are talking about?" I asked turning to Kris. "Those smirks are starting to scare me."

"I haven't the slightest idea," Kris shrugged. "But you're right those smirks are scary. Do you want to head out and leave them behind?"

"Definitely," I nodded as I started walking to the exit with Kris beside me.

"Where are you to going?" Jordan asked just as we got to the door.

"Home," Kris replied. "I don't know what you guys are talking about, but I do know that I don't want to be here when something happens."

"Ok," Jordan smirked, "have fun. Be safe."

I frowned a bit and followed Kris to his BMW. "What was that about?" I asked Kris.

"No idea," Kris answered as we got into the car.

The look on his face told me that there was something he knew but wasn't going to tell me. So I shrugged it off and sat there while Kris drove back to his place.

Half way there Kris's phone started to ring. "Want to answer that?" Kris asked with out taking his eyes off the road.

I nodded and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Uh, Brylyn, why are you answering Kris's phone?" I heard Tyler's voice say.

"Kris is driving," I said like it was obvious. "Is there something you wanted?"

"Uh," Tyler sounded nervous, "tell him we are going to Jordan's and you two should go straight there."

I frowned a bit. "Sure, I'll do that. See you there, I guess." I ended the call and looked at Kris with a confused look. "Apparently we are going to Jordan's. We are supposed to go straight there."

"We can't go change?" Kris asked. "Weird."

"Nope," I said shaking my head. "You know what's weirder? Tyler seemed really nervous when he realized it was me answering and not you."

"Hmm," Kris said with a thoughtful look on his face. "You know, he probably called me to bug me some more."

"What about?" I inquired.

"The guys think we are perfect for each other," Kris said with a shrug. "Marc probably thinks the same thing."

"My guess is that's what those three were talking about when we left," I said thinking about the suspicious huddle they had going on. "Do you believe it?"

Kris shrugged as we pulled up to a red light. "Truthfully, I have no idea."

"I have a feeling they are planning to get us together," I said as a thought came into my head.

"Probably," Kris nodded. glancing at me. "What's that look for?"

"What if we played a little prank of our own?" I said. The wheels in my brain were turning as an idea began to form.

"What did you have in mind?" Kris questioned.

"We pretend to be dating?" I said this as a question because I was unsure of Kris's reaction.

"Bry," Kris said as an evil grin crept to his face, "I like the way you think."

" So here's what we do..." I explained my idea, which Kris agreed to.