Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

fourteen

My thoughts about Kris and I were quickly interrupted when Jordan, Marc and Tyler came through the door.

"How did you guys beat us here?" Jordan asked when he noticed Kris and I sitting on the couch. "We left before you."

"I know my way around better than you, I guess," Kris replied with a shrug.

Jordan nodded and sat on the floor in front of the TV. Marc and Tyler followed in suit. Marc kept his eye on Kris and I for some reason.

"You got a problem Marc?" I asked.

"Nope," Marc smiled and turned around.

"Je ne pense pas qu'il croit votre charade," Marc-Andre whispered to Kris and I. "Il vous regarde comme il sait que vous le truquez."

I glanced at Marc-Andre before looking at Kris. His face was focused. It was like he was trying to figure out if Marc-Andre was right that Marc didn't believe our act.

"Il doit le croire , je signifient que nous avons embrasse," Kris muttered.

"Pardon?" Marc-Andre looked at us with wide eyes. "Quand?"

"I'll tell you about it later," I told Marc-Andre. The other players were starting to look at Kris, Marc-Andre and I. Max had a look of shock on his face which made me believe that he had heard and understood what Marc-Andre and Kris had said.

Marc and Jordan were giving us curious looks and were whispering about something. Tyler was still watching the hockey game that was on the TV; oblivious to what was going on behind him. Sidney glanced back and forth between us and the TV. He had no idea what was going on because his lack of the french language. Geno's face wore a look of concentration. I got the feeling he was trying to compare the french words with Russian ones to see if he could understand what was going on.

I shifted under the stares of Max, Jordan and Marc. "This is awkward." I muttered.

"You guys kissed?" Max practically yelled.

I looked at him with wide eyes before looking down into my lap. I could feel my cheeks flush because our kiss was now knowledge for everyone in the room. I felt Kris shift next to me and Marc-Andre put his hand on my knee.

"You didn't know?" Jordan asked. When I looked at him he had a confused look on his face.

"Nope," Max replied. "How would I know?"

Jordan frowned a little. "I don't know, I just figured Kris told you he found someone."

Max shook his head, "Never."

"He told us," Marc-Andre piped up. "He told us like a month ago. How do you not remember, you were so bummed cause you were the only single French-Canadian."

Max looked at Marc-Andre and thought about what he said. "Oh, that's right." Max said with a nod. "He never told us they kissed."

"It just happened tonight," Kris said adding to the conversation.

I felt awkward sitting in the room with these guys. I had a feeling both Marc and Jordan knew we were lying. I also had a feeling Tyler was still oblivious to what was going on because his eyes were still glued to the TV. Geno and Sidney were listening intently; not saying a word in case they said something wrong.

"You kissed for the first time tonight?" Marc asked as a smile crept to his face.

"Uh, no of course not," Kris frowned a bit. "That would be the most awkward relationship ever. We date for two months before kissing."

"And no-one knows about the other kisses?" Jordan questioned. He still looked confused.

"No-one asked," Kris said. "So I never told."

"Can we drop it?" I asked. I was starting to feel really uncomfortable with all the questions.

"Why?" Marc asked. "You got something to hide?"

"No," I said. "But this is getting weird. It's like you're prying into Kris and my life." I couldn't tell if Marc was buying it or not, but I knew if this went any further Max would probably spill the beans.

"Come on, Brylyn," Marc said giving me a sincere look. "I know you better than that and I know there is something you aren't telling."

"You know what," I said. "There are a lot of things I'm not telling you." I could feel my heart rate speeding up and my throat started to hurt. I knew I was on the verge of tears.

Marc looked taken aback. "I'm sorry Brylyn," he said as he got up and gave me a hug.

I cringed from the hug and shook my head. "Look Marc, it's fine. Don't worry about it. And just so you know, Kris and I have been faking it this whole time. We never started dating and we aren't dating now. I'm sorry." After I said this, I got up and walked out the door. Tears poured down my face. I couldn't help it. I started thinking about how I never told Marc, the person I live with, near as much as I told Kris the night before Christmas. I knew that after my outburst, he would be wanting some explanations. I also knew that he would be willing to give me the time I need before I told him.
♠ ♠ ♠
send me a comment, let me know how you like the story