Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

nineteen

It had been three months since I had been to Pittsburgh. I had kept in constant contact with Kris, Max, Jordan, and surprisingly Geno. Marc-Andre and I talked a bit, but I had a feeling Vero had a problem with him talking to me.

I had a month left of school before I start my externship. I was planning on going to Pittsburgh for my externship. I had talked it over with Marc to see if he thought it was a good idea. Thankfully he thought it was a great idea.

I decided to surprise the guys who were in Pittsburgh. I knew they were all going home for the month of June, which would be when I would be moving in.

Marc was helping me find an apartment to rent. He knew where Jordan's place was and figured it would be good to look for a place there.

"Marc," I complained. "I can't afford that. I'm not a rich hockey player like you and your brothers."

"You'll make enough soon," Marc argued. "I'll help you pay until you have money."

"I can't let you do that," I shook my head. "I would be in debt to you forever."

"Look," Marc said in a serious tone, "I want to help you. I know how much cooking means to you and I know how much you want to be around Kris and Jordan and those guys. I want to help you make it happen. I don't even care if you pay me back."

"Marc," I started.

"No," Marc interupted. "I'm calling the landlord right now and telling him you want a room."

I sat there shocked while Marc called the landlord and told him that I wanted an apartment and when I would be moving in. I listened as he gave the person all the information that he needed.

When he hung up the phone he looked at me. "There, it's done."

"What's done?" Brandon asked walking into my room and sitting on my bed with Marc and I.

"Brylyn is moving to Pittaburgh after school," Marc stated. "She's doing her externship there. I just got her an apartment."

"Neat," Brandon said. "Hey are you going home after the awards?"

"Yea," Marc replied. "I'm going home and then coming back once Brylyn is done school. That way I can help her move."

"Why doesn't your brother help her?" Brandon asked.

"He doesn't know I'm moving to Pittsburgh," I replied.

"Oh," Brandon shrugged his shooulders. "I can help too if you want. I might go home for a bit but not too long."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Are we driving to Pittaburgh?" I asked Marc.

"I think so," Marc replied. "It couldn't hurt right?"

I shook my head before I looked back at my laptop. "I'm going to have to find furniture."

"That won't be a problem," Marc said.

"Except for the fact that I have little to no money," I replied. "That job I have have doesn't pay near enough." I had been working at a corner store since the week I first moved into Marc's place.

"I'll help," Brandon offered. "I need to spend some of my money anyway."

"Oh no you don't," I said shaking my head. "I have enough for a bed and some cooking stuff. That's all I really need."

"What about a couch or chair or something?" Brandon asked.

"Don't need it," I stated. "If I do I can get it once I have the money. I'm not a charity case, I don't need either of you to pay for me."

Both boys raised their hands as if to say 'I surrender'. "Ok," Marc said. "Just relax. The only thing I will pay for is your apartment until you get the money."

"And I won't pay for anything," Brandon added.

"Good," I said in a satisfied tone before getting off my bed and making my way to the kitchen to start making supper.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't remember if I mentioned how many months she had left of school, but I did some research and found a program that was 5 and a half months and then an externship, so that's what I'm using. Thanks for commenting!