Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twenty

The next month flew by as I was busy with school and packing. Before I knew it Marc, Brandon and I were in Pittsburgh moving my boxes into my new apartment.

"God, you've go a lot of stuff," Brandon commented as he brought the last of five boxes into the apartment.

"Not really," I shrugged. "Two boxes of clothes, two boxes of kitchen stuff and one box of everything else." I started moving the clothes to my bedroom while Marc and Brandon moved the two kitchen boxes to the kitchen.

"You said you're buying more kitchen stuff?" Marc asked making his way to my room.

"Yea," I nodded while hanging up some clothes. "You can never have too much cooking supplies."

"Only if you're a cheif," I heard Brandon mumble as he walked into the room.

"And that I am," I smiled proudly. Then I sighed. "This place is so empty."

"Hey, we offered to buy stuff," Marc said.

"No," I shook my head, "you two have done more than enough." Just then my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I said into the phone without checking the caller id.

"Bry?" I heard Kris say.

"Yea, it's me. What's up?" I asked.

"Not too much," Kris replied. "I was thinking maybe this summer, once the boys and I get back, you'd come down for a visit."

"I don't know, Letang," I said trying to keep the smile off my face. "I might be kind of busy with my externship. I start next week and I don't know what my shifts will be like."

"Oh," Kris's voice was sad. I knew he wanted me to say yes.

"When do you go back?" I asked.

"I'm thinking about going at the end of the week, maybe Friday I'll fly back to the 'Burgh," I figured he was probably shrugging. "I don't really know."

"I see," I nodded even though he couldn't see. "Do you know when everyone else is going back?"

"Uh, I think Jordan is going back in two weeks," Kris said. "Sid and Geno are going back next week. Marc and Vero stayed in the 'Burgh for the summer. And Max went back last week, so he's there too."

"Neat," I didn't know what else to say without giving it away that I was in Pittsburgh. "It was good to hear from you again. I've got to go, Marc and Brandon are complaining that it is lunch time."

"Ok, bye," Kris said before I hung up the phone.

I turned and looked at Marc and Brandon. "I have some boys to go see," I smiled. "You guys con come, or you can stay. I don't know what you'll do if you stay but it's your choice."

"We'll stay," Marc replied. "I have a key to Jordy's place. We'll go watch TV and relax."

"Ok," I chuckled before heading to my 1965 Mustang. I drove up and down streets until I found Max's house. I quickly got out of my car and went to the front door. I knocked and waited to see if Max would answer.

A few seconds later the door opened to reveal Max, in a tee-shirt and a pair of jeans. "Brylyn?" Max asked.

"Max!" I smiled. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," He replied, but there was a look of confusion on his face. "Not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in New York cooking?"

I shook my head. "I decided to do my externship here. I moved into my new place today."

"That's great!" Max smiled pulling me into a hug. "Does Tanger know?"

"No," I replied as he let go of me. "I wanted to surprise everyone. Since you and Marc-Andre are here, you two are the first to know. The others will find out when they get here, unless you tell them."

"Never," Max shook his head. "Have you told Flower yet?"

"Nope," I shook my head. "He's next. Want to come?"

"Definitely," Max nodded as he slipped some shoes on and led me to his BMW. "It'll be less suspicious if we take my car."

I nodded my agreement as I got in. Max pulled out of his driveway and drove to Marc-Andre's house.

When we got there, Max stood in front of me so that Marc-Andre couldn't see me. He knocked on the door and a few seconds Marc-Andre opened the door.

"Max, what are you doing here?" Marc-Andre asked, his voice sounded confused.

"Wanted to say hi," Max shrugged.

"Why didn't you just call?" Marc-Andre asked.

"I have a surprise," Max replied. "I knew you would be home."

"Seriously Max?" Marc-Andre asked. "A surprise?" He didn't sound convinced.

Max nodded before moving to the side so that Marc-Andre could see me.

"Brylyn," Marc-Andre stood there with a shocked look on his face. He pulled me into a quick hug. "I've missed you. Sorry I haven't called or texted much."

I waved off his apology. "I've missed you too."

"Come in," Marc-Andre said as he moved to the side to let me in. "So, what are you doing in Pittsburgh?"

"I'm doing my externship here," I replied. I sat down on one of the couches, while both Max and Marc-Andre took chairs. "I moved into the building Jordan lives in."

"Oh," Marc-Andre smiled. "That's awesome!"

"The other guys don't know," Max said. "So I was thinking, maybe when they all get back we could have a BBQ. You know, to surprise them all."

"That's a good idea," I smiled. "But Jord is coming back a week later than everyone else. I don't think I can wait an extra week to see Letang again."

"Hmm," Max thought. "When are Sid and Geno getting back, do you know?"

"Around the same time as Letang," I replied. "That's what Letang told me today."

"Well we will plan something else to surprise Staalsy," Max stated. "Where are we going to have the BBQ?"

"We can have it here," Marc-Andre offered. "We could have it next Saturday."

"That sounds good," I agreed. "But we have to make sure all three boys are here."

"I'll call up Sid and tell him to make sure he is here Saturday," Max said pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

"I'll call Tanger," Marc-Andre said with the phone to his ear already.

I sat there while the two boys talked to Sidney and Kris.

"Sid will be here," Max smiled.

"Kris will too," Marc-Andre added.

"Is some one going to call Geno?" I asked

"I can," Max said, dialing another number and putting his phone to his ear before going to the kitchen to make the phone call.

"What is SHE doing here?" I heard some one shriek from the doorway. Marc-Andre and I looked over to see Vero standing there with her hands on her hips.

"She moved to Pittsburgh," Marc-Andre replied. "She came to visit Max and I. Oh, and we are having a BBQ next Saturday."

"Fine," Vero said before leaving the room.

"Geno said he'll be here on Friday," Max said as he entered the living room. "I told him to come here Saturday for a BBQ and he said he'd be here."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys want to know what's up with Vero, and I'm hoping to get it into the next chapter. So stay tuned.