Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twenty-one

After several hours of hanging out with Marc-Andre and Max. I decided I should get back to my apartment, seeing as Marc and Brandon were still there doing God knows what.

When I walked into my apartment, I went to the living room where I found Marc and Brandon sitting on a couch playing a video game. "I told you guys not to buy me any furniture," I said, my voice was not happy.

"We didn't," Marc said, pausing their game and looking at me.

"Then where did you get this couch, those chairs, that TV and the Xbox?" I asked.

"Jordan's place," Marc shrugged.

"You took Jordan's furniture?" I looked at the two boys with wide eyes. "He's going to go nuts when he comes back to find his TV and Xbox are gone. He could probably careless about the chairs and couch."

"You're not mad?" Brandon asked.

I laughed. "Nope. I think you two are idiots, but I don't mind actually having a TV and furniture for a couple of weeks. I also can't wait to see Jordan's expression when he sees he has no stuff in his living room."

"Good thing you live across the hall from him then," Marc smirked.

I frowned a bit before realizing he was right. "Perfect."

~~~~~

On the day of the BBQ, Marc-Andre, Max, Vero and I were all setting stuff up in the backyard. Thankfully it had been a beautiful day.

There was something about Vero's behavior towards me that I couldn't get out of my mind. So about an hour before Sidney, Geno and Kris were supposed to get there, I pulled Vero aside.

"Vero," I said, "do you have something against me?"

She looked taken aback by this question. "Of course not," she lied.

"I get the feeling that you don't like me and I don't understand why," I frowned. "I just want to know what I did to make you hate me." I had a guess what it could have been, but I wanted to see if she would tell me before I made an accusation.

"It's nothing," she said shaking her head and turning to walk away.

"Vero, wait," I said. "Is it because Marc-Andre and I are such good friends? Do you think I'll take him from you? Because I won't. He really loves you and I would never come between you two. You two are basically perfect for each other."

She looked at me as if I had just revealed her deepest, darkest secret. "I-" she started tp say before I cut her off.

"Please just hear me out," I almost begged. "Whenever I talk to Marc-Andre, he always brings you up. He cares about you so much. I want you to know that nothing will ever happen between Marc-Andre and I. We are friends and that's it. He's yours forever."

"Thanks," she whispered. "I'm really sorry I was sure a bitch, but I guess I just felt threatened by you."

I laughed a bit. "I had a feeling."

"Yea," she laughed with me. "Can you tell me one thing?"

I nodded and let her continue.

"Has he ever mentioned marriage?"

I frowned a bit. "No, why?"

"I don't know," she replied. "It's just we've been together for along time. I guess I just feel like he should have proposed by now."

"I wouldn't worry about it," I smiled. "He'll do it when he's ready. You're his world, Vero. He's probably trying to make it perfect or maybe he's not ready for marriage yet. Maybe he just wants to be with you, you know, with no decisions on what color flowers you want in your bouquet or whether you are going to have kids soon or even what color your kid's room is going to be. Just give him time."

"Ok," Vero nodded taking in my words. "Thank-you, and I'm really sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it," I smiled. "So we are good now?"

"Definitely," Vero smiled. "And now that you are living in Pittsburgh, maybe we can hang out more. I really want to get to know you, you seem really nice."

"Thanks," I said. "And that definitely sounds like a good plan." We quickly hugged before heading to the backyard to join the guys again.

"Brylyn," Max said when he saw me, "we have two more guests today."

"Really? Who?" I asked.

"TK and his girlfriend are coming too," Max informed me. "They got back like two hours ago."

"Yay!" I smiled. "I haven't seen TK in awhile. And I haven't met his girlfriend, so that should be fun."

Max nodded in agreement. "Where were you two?" he asked referring to Vero and I.

I shrugged. "You know, making plans to hang out."

"Oh," Max said before shrugging and going to help Marc-Andre with the barbeque.

"We've got company," Vero said as she walked through the back door to get some things from inside.

"Oh, this is exciting," Max said in a girl voice.

I laughed and shook my head as I made my way over to Max and Marc-Andre. "Who do you think it is?" I asked.

"Sid," Marc-Andre replied. "Definitely Sid. He probably brought Geno too."

I nodded and looked over at the gate which had just opened. I saw Sidney and Geno walk into the backyard followed by Tyler and his girlfriend. I smiled as they walked over to where Max, Marc-Andre and I were standing.

"Hey Max," Sidney said. "Marc-Andre, Brylyn." Then he paused and frowned. He shook his head and looked at me. "Brylyn?"

"Hello," I said. I noticed Tyler and Geno look at me. Their faces got a shocked expression on them. "How are you?"

"Confused," Sidney replied. "What are you doing here?"

"Having a BBQ with friends," I shrugged. "Is that ok with you?"

"Yea," Sidney nodded. "Tanger said you weren't coming to visit this summer."

"I'm not," I said. "I moved here to do my externship."

"Really?" Tyler suddenly asked. "You're here to stay?"

"Yes," I laughed. "For now anyway."

"Does Kris know?" Tyler asked.

"Nope," I smirked. "I didn't tell anyone until I got here and found out that Marc-Andre and Max were here."

"Well it's good to see you again," Sidney smiled. "And I have a feeling we'll be seeing you a lot."

"Probably," I nodded.

Just then Vero came out of the house and ran down the stairs to the backyard. "Kris just got here," she smiled.

"Ok," I smiled. "I can't wait to see him again."

"I'm here," Kris called as he walked into the yard. "Please tell me there is food."

"Not yet Tanger," Marc-Andre laughed.

"Ok," Kris nodded and started walking to the picnic table. Just as he passed me he stopped. He slowly turned and looked at me. "I thought you were to busy to come visit," he glared at me.

"I'm not visitng, Letang," I said, trying to keep the smile off my face.

"What do you mean?" Kris asked, his glare turning into a frown.

"I moved here," I told him. "I'm doing my externship here."

"No way!" Kris said as a huge smile. He pulled me into a hug, which made me cringe a bit. "Where are you staying?"

"I have an apartment across the hall from Jordan's place," I informed him.

"That's exciting," Kris smiled. "This is going to be the best season ever."

I laughed.

"Food's ready," Marc-Andre said as he put the food on the table and let us dig in.