Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

twenty-nine

After talking with Vero, I made my way through the crowded living room to try to find Marc-Andre. He was my go to person when I had a problem, well him or Kris. Seeing as I didn't want to talk to Kris about Max, I chose to find Marc-Andre. I spotted him in a corner with Vero and Geno. I made my way over to them.

"Vero," I said. "Sorry to steal your boyfriend, but I've got to talk to him."

"No problem," Vero smiled. "Is it about our talk earlier?"

"Yea," I nodded before turning to Marc-Andre. "Can we talk?"

"Course," Marc-Andre nodded before giving Vero a kiss on the cheek and following me to Max's backyard. "What's up?" he asked in a cheerful voice.

I groaned and looked at Marc-Andre. "I know this party is supposed to be a happy time, but goodness I am miserable."

"Tanger bothering you?" Marc-Andre asked.

"How did you know?" I said with a smile.

"You always come to me when Kris is bothering you," he shrugged.

"Yea," I looked down at the ground.

"Is it about Max?" he said witting down on a chair.

"Well, for the most part," I replied. "I feel bad telling you this, I'm going to ruin your night."

"Nothing could ruin my night," Marc-Andre said, looking up at the sky in thought.

"Right," I said, shaking my head. I didn't want to know what he meant by that.

"Just spill it," Marc-Andre looked at me. "How bad can it be?"

"I never said it was bad," I told him. "The thing is, I am, what's the word. Fond. I am fond of Max, but every time Letang mentions something about the two of us, I get scared. I mean, my last relationship was not so great, especially towards the end. I just don't know if I am ready for another relationship."

"You know," Marc-Andre said. "It's been almost a year. I haven't known you that long, but I know you are a strong girl and you are willing to give things a shot. I know that in time you will be ready. It may be in three hours or three month. However long it takes, I'm almost positive Max will still be single."

I chuckled at his last sentence. "Thanks, but I don't know how to deal with the pressure from Letang. I just get so frustrated when he brings it up. He's my best friend and I know he just wants me to be happy, but this constant bugging is making me go crazy."

"I'll talk to him," Marc-Andre insured. "Anything else you need to get off your chest?"

"Uh," I thought about it. "One more thing, and thank-you for putting up with this."

"Anytime," Marc-Andre smiled. "You can even call me when I'm on the road."

"Thanks," I smiled. "The last thing is, I know Max and I know he won't hurt me, but I got these scars from my ex and, I don't know, I just don't want to go through that again. That's another thing that scares me. I don't want to get into a relationship where I am going to get hurt, physically."

"Let me guess," Marc-Andre stopped me. "You can't help but wonder if Max would do something like that to you, right?" I nodded. "He won't, and if he ever did, the whole team would kick his ass."

I smiled at Marc-Andre and gave him a quick hug. "Thanks, just hearing that means a lot."

"No problem," he said, standing up. "Now, how about we get back into that party."

"Deal," I laughed, as we walked back inside. I had a feeling the rest of the night would be a good night.