Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

thirty

I woke up to find myself laying on the bed in Max's guest room. I knew I had fallen asleep on the floor, once most of the guys left. I had no idea how I got to the bed, but at the moment I didn't care. I was starving, so I got up and made my way to Max's kitchen. When I walked in I found Max standing at the stove cooking bacon and hashbrowns.

"Morning," I said, walking up behind him.

Max turned and looked at me. A smile made it's way to his face. "Morning," he greeted. "How was your sleep?"

"Pretty good," I told him. "Considering I woke up in your guest room, when I know I fell asleep on your floor."

"I moved you." Max turned back to the stove. "I hope you don't mind. I didn't think the floor would be comfortable."

"No, it's fine," I smiled. "I'm a little surprised I didn't wake up."

"Now that you mention it," Max glanced at me. "You never even sturred. You muttered some stuff in your sleep but that's about it."

My eyes got wide. "What did I say?"

"Nothing really important," Max shrugged. "It was something like 'I am ready' and 'of course I will', but I couldn't make out the words for sure."

"Oh thank goshness," I muttered. I was glad it was nothing embarrassing. I knew I muttered in my sleep. Usually people couldn't understand it, but sometimes, when they could, it was humiliating. "Do you need some help?" I asked.

"Nope," Max smiled. "It' my turn to cook breakfast, Ms. I'm a cheif. You just relax."

"Cooking makes me relax," I informed him.

"Too bad," Max said as he finished cooking the food. He grabbed two plates and filled them with food. He handed one to me before leading me to the dining room.

"Anyone else here?" I asked before digging into my breakfast.

"Uh, yea," Max said as he thought about it. "Tanger, Staalsy, Geno and Sid. The other guys left with their girlfriends or wives."

I nodded. "Did you have a good time last night?"

"I did," Max replied. "But I was looking for you and you were no where to be found. Where did you disappear to?"

"Um," I looked down at my food. "Well, I needed to talk to Marc-Andre, so the two of us went and sat on you back porch talking. Other than that, I was inside."

"What were you guys talking about?" Max inquired.

"You," I confessed. I almost hoped he would take it as a joke.

"Seriously?" Max eclaimed. "What about me?"

"Seriously," I mocked. "We talked about how Letang keeps bugging me about you, and stuff about me and relationships. Nothing too crazy."

"I'm confused," Max said, looking at me. "You talked about me and you talked about your relationships or you talked about yours and my relationship?"

"A bit of both," I shrugged, like it was no big deal.

"So, tell me about yours and my relationship," Max pushed. "I want to know what you think about it."

"Max," I said. "You know we are just friends right?" Max nodded, but his eyes got a hint of sadness in them. "The thing is, all the guys and Vero think we should be together."

"You don't?" Max interrupted.

"I don't know what I think," I told him.

"Do you like me?" Max asked.

"I am fond of you," I said as I recalled what I told Marc-Andre.

"I am fond of you as well," Max smiled. It felt like we were getting closer to each other.

"I'm scared," I confessed.

"Of what?" Max sounded confused.

"Being hurt," I replied. "Not just emotionally, but physically too. I told you about what Adrian did. I'm scared it's going to happen again, you know, in my next relationship."

"I wouldn't do that to you," Max said, his voice sincere.

I looked him in the eyes. I could tell he was completely serious about never hurting me in anyway. "Thank-you," I said, as we moved closer together.

We were millimeters apart, when Kris's voice rang through the room. "Good morning. Oh, oops, sorry guys."

Both Max and I sighed as we turned away from each other and finished eating our breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe I've written 30 chapters. Thank-you to everyone who is reading, it really helps me continue the story and make me want to write a new one. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying it, and there is more to come.