Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

thirty-five

"I don't know, Letang," I said into my phone. It had been a week since the break in and I was staying at my apartment again. "I just got off work and I'm tired. I know the other guys want to meet me, but I look like crap."

"You never look like crap," Kris said. "Please come. Gonch and Dupuis really want to meet you. They really could careless what you look like."

"Fine, Letang, but I have to go cha-" my entire body froze when I got to my door and read the note that was taped to it. I had dropped my phone and when reality kicked in again, I heard Kris calling my name. "Letang," I said.

"Bry, are you ok?" Kris asked. His voice was worried.

"I, he, the, there is a note on my door," I finally got the right words out.

"What does it say?" Kris's voice was concerned now.

"It says, 'I wish you had been here when I stopped by. I miss you, babe. You better be here next time I am, or there will be consequences to pay'," I read to him. "Letang, I'm scared. What do I do?"

"Don't go in yet," Kris said. "I'll be there shortly. Do you know where Staalsy keeps his spare key?"

"Uh, no," I shook my head, although he couldn't see.

"It's on the left hand side of his door, shoved between the wall and the door frame," Kris told me. "Go and wait in his place, lock the door and don't open it until I call your phone and tell you to come out."

"Ok," I said going to Jordan's door and easily finding the key. I unlocked the door and went inside, locking the door behind me. "I'm inside," I told Kris.

"I'll see you soon," Kris said before hanging up his phone.

I held the note in my hands. I reread the paper several times before going to Jordan's living room and turning on the TV.

About five minutes later, my phone started ringing. "H-hello?" I said into the phone, mentally kicking myself for not checking the caller id.

"Bry?" Kris's voice came through the phone. "Want to let me in?"

"Be right there," I told him and hung up my phone. I walked to the door and checked the peep-hole to make sure it was him. When I saw that it was, I unlocked the door and opened it. "Thank goshness you are here." I sighed.

"Come on," Kris said. "You are not staying here. You are coming to Gonch's with me and then you are staying at my place." He was completely serious. "I don't want you anywhere near here."

"I don't want to be anywhere near here," I muttered. "What about my clothes?"

"Forget about them, I'll take you shopping tomorrow," Kris said as we made our way out to his car. "I think you should tell the landlord you are moving out."

"Where would I go?" I asked him.

"You are more than welcome at my place," Kris replied. "I'm sure Max would let you stay at his place, too. Marc would even let you stay with him and Vero, I'm sure."

"I'll have to think about it," I sighed. "But for right now, I'll stay with you and tonight I just want to forget about this person." Then it dawned on my that Jordan lived across the hall from me. "Do you think Jordan will be safe?"

"Yes," Kris said as he parked his car in front of Sergei Gonchar's house. We made our way to the door and Kris knocked. A few seconds later, we were greeted by Geno.

"Brylyn, you came," Geno smiled at me.

"Yes, I did," I replied, giving him a weak smile.

"Come meet others," Geno said, pulling me behind him. Kris followed, laughing quietly. We stopped just inside the living room. "This is Brylyn," Geno introduced me. The guys I didn't know looked over and said hello, while the Sidney got up and gave me a hug, Jordan gave me a goofy grin, Marc-Andre and Vero smiled at me and Max winked.

"Brylyn!" Tyler exclaimed. "I haven't ween you in a long time."

"TK!" I smiled. He pulled my into a hug, making me cringe. When I cringed, I caught Jordan's eye, he winked. "How are you?"

"Truthfully, TK, I've been better," I told him.

"Oh no," Tyler lead me to a couch and sat me down. "What happened?"

I started to explain what had happened a week ago. Throughout the story, the rest of the team seemed to tune in and sympathize with Tyler. I continued and told them what happened earlier. "I'll probably just stay with Letang for a while." I ended my story there.

"I'm so sorry," Tyler said, sincerely.

"It's ok," I gave a weak smile. "I'll survive. I like to think that I am fairly tough." This comment made Jordan and Kris snort and then start laughing. "Never mind them, They need help anyways."

"Who do you think it is?" Pascal Dupuis asked me.

"I have no idea," I told him. "I've been thinking about it. I don't have any enemies, unless you count Adrian."

"Your ex?" Jordan asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

The look on Jordan's face got extremely spooky. It was like he was plotting something. Like her was thinking up a master plan.