Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

thirty-seven

"Something up?" Marcy asked, once we started working.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at her confused.

"You look like you are in your own world," she shrugged. "I was just checking if you were ok."

"Oh," I looked down at the food I was cutting. "You remember last week when someone broke into my place?" Marcy nodded. "They left a note on my door last night. It wasn't anything serious, just a little threatening."

"That's crazy!" Marcy exclaimed. "Are you ok?"

"Yea," I nodded. "Letang is letting me stay at his place. He offered for me to move in, but I don't know yet."

"If I was getting threatening letters and my hot best friend offered me a place to live, I'd move in," she smiled at me. "Why wouldn't you want to?"

I shrugged. "I just don't want to be in the way," I told her. "You know what I mean? I'd feel like I was intruding or something."

"You mean that you don't want to be there when he brings home a random and they are going at it," Marcy smirked.

"That too," I said with a laugh.

"You know, he wouldn't have offered if he didn't want you there," Marcy pointed out.

"Yea, I know," I nodded. "I still would feel weird about it, but I think I'll do it."

"Good," Marcy smiled. "Besides you probably won't be there long."

"Why?" I gave her a quizzical look.

"You and Max are going to start dating and then one thing will lead to another and you'll move in together. What?" Marcy looked at me. I wore a goofy grin on my face. "What's that look for?"

"Max and I are dating," I told her. "He asked me to be his girlfriend today."

"Finally," she shook her head. "Although I thought it would take longer than it did."

"Why do you even think Max and I should be together?" I asked. "You've never met any of the boys."

"I know," she said. "You just talked about him all the time, so I knew you had a thing for him."

I shook my head at her and started making the first order.

After that, the rest of the night flew by. Marcy continued to bug me about Max, which I continuously ignored.

~~~~~

After work, I walked out to the parking lot to find Max's BMW waiting in the parking lot for me. I smiled and made my way over to the vehicle and slid into the passengers seat.

"Hey Max," I said turning to my left. I immediately frowned because the man beside me was not Max. "Adrian?"

"Lyn, babe," Adrian said. "How have you been?"

"What the fuck are you doing in Max's car?" I said. I went to open the door, but the handle had been broken off and the door locked.

"I have my ways," Adrian said, pulling out of the parking lot. "How have you been?" he asked again.

"I've been great," I glared at him. "That was until you showed up in Max's car."

A smirk came to Adrian's face. "That's a shame. What have you been up to? I mean, those nasty scars on your face must prevent you from dating, so what's keeping you busy?"

"Fuck off," I growled. "It's none of your business what I have or have not been doing. And it is definitely none of your business whether I am dating or not."

"Oh really?" Adrian glanced at me.

I turned and looked out the window into the darkness.

Two hours later, Adrian parked the car on the side of a road. He got out of the car and walked to my door. "Get out," he demanded when he opened my door.

"Where are we?" I asked continuing to sit in my seat.

"Never mind," Adrian said, pulling on my arm. "Now get out."

"Make me." The second the words came out of my mouth, I knew I shouldn't have said them. Adrian pulled me out of the car and threw my onto the ground. He kicked me in the stomach.

"How's that for making you?" he snarled. "Now get up."

I slowly got to my feet and clutched my stomach. "What do you want?"

"You," was all he said. He dragged my in the direction of a building. I couldn't make out where we were, but knew we weren't in Pittsburgh. I could make out water in the distance.

"Where are we?" I asked.

Adrian stayed silent and continued to drag me. He walked past the building and stopped near the water. "Why'd you leave?" he asked, not looking at me.

"What do you mean 'why'd you leave'?" I spit. "You were screwing some girl when I came to move in."

"Don't use that tone," he gave me a stern look.

"Why am I here?" I asked. I was scared of the answer.

"You're hockey friends can't save you here," Adrian stated.

I gulped. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to get what I wanted before you left," Adrian said.

"What's that?" I had a feeling his answer would be sex.

"You know what I want," he said, pulling me in front of him. My back was toward the lake.

"N-no," I stuttered.

"Excuse me?" Adrian raised an eyebrow.

"I said no," I repeated. My voice with a sudden confidence and strength.

"Wrong answer," Adrian said as he connected his fist with the left side of my face.

I held in the tears that were forming. "You won't get away with this," I muttered as Adrian shoved me to the ground.

"Says who?" Adrian smirked. "There is no-one around tonight and your hockey boys probably don't even know you are gone." He hit a nerve and he knew it.

My body suddenly found the strength to pull itself from the ground. I gave Adrian a punch in the face and then a second punch. His eyes flashed with anger as he pounced at me, knocking me to the ground. I knew I wouldn't be able to fight for long, but I was going to try. Adrian started pounding on me and soon enough I could taste blood in my mouth. With what little strength I had left, I punched him in the stomach. He hunched over for a second, giving me a chance to get away. I gave him a shove and ran as fast as an injured person could. I slid into Max's car just as Adrian got to me. I locked the doors and felt the keys in the ignition. I turned them, starting the car. I quickly threw the car in gear and drove off.

Since I had no idea where we were, I pulled over to the side of the road after half an hour of driving. I started crying and pulled out my phone. I noticed that there were several missed calls, texts and voice mails from Max, Kris, Marc-Andre, Vero and Jordan. I quickly dialed Max's number.

He answered after one ring. "Brylyn?" his voice was worried and urgent. "Please tell me that that is you and that you are ok."

"Y-yea," I stuttered through my tears. "I-it's me. I'll be o-ok." I sobbed a bit and heard Max talking to whoever he was with.

"Where are you?" Max asked. "Are you hurt? Do you want me to pick you up? Why didn't you answer your phone? I've been so worried."

"Max, give her a chance to answer on question at a time," I heard Kris's voice. "Bry?" he asked.

"Yea Letang?" I said. My tears were starting to dry.

"Where are you?" Kris asked.

"I-I don't know," I replied. "All I know is that I am about an hour and a half away from Pittsburgh and half an hour away from a lake or ocean or something."

"Why are you out there?" Kris's voice sounded concerned.

"Adrian," I whispered.

"Shit," Kris muttered. "Is he there?"

"No," I shook my head. "I got away and I'm sitting on the side of a highway in Max's car."

"Max's car?" Kris asked, confused.

"I think Adrian stole it or something," I told him. "This is definitely Max's car though. It's got his stuff in it."

"I see," Kris said. "Are you hurt?"

"Not badly," I said, truthfully. "A couple bruises and cuts, but nothing serious."

"Do you know which direction you are from the 'Burgh?"

"Um, no. I have no sense of direction."

"Crap."

"I'll try to find my way back," I told him.

"Ok," Kris said. "Please be safe. If anything happens, please call."

"I will," I said before hanging up and driving in the direction I thought Pittsburgh was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been awhile since I last updated. I was moving and working and basically going crazy. hope you guys like it, but it's definitely not the best.