Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

four

The next morning I woke up to voices outside my door. I crawled out of bed, stretched and walked to the door. I opened it to find Marc and Brandon standing outside my door whispering. The whispering stopped as soon as sthe door opened. "Peux je vous aide?" I muttered.

Both boys looked at me. "Sorry what?" Marc asked.

I thought about what I had said, "oh, sorry. Can I help you?" I asked again, this time in english.

"Just trying to decide who was going to wake you up," Brandon replied. "Now that you are awake, it doeesn't matter."

Marc nodded. He had a slightly confused look on his face. "We have to head off to practice. We'll see you after we are done."

"Ok," I smiled. "What time are you done?"

"12:30," Brandon said, "I think."

"Ok, well I'll probably go wonder around the city," I told them. "I'll probably have food made if you want to eat here."

"Thanks," Marc and Brandon said together.

We stood there awkwardly for a few more seconds before the boys headed for the door. Since I was alone, I headed to the kitchen and started looking through cupboards to see what they had for food. It turned out that they didn't have too much. I shook my head and went back to my room to change my clothes.

After showering and changing, I went to leave. When I closed the door, I realized that I didn't have a key. "Ceci suce," I muttered.

I went back into the apartment and looked around to see if I could find a key. I went into the living room and found a note that said the key attached to it was mine. I smiled, grabbed the key and left to try to find a market or grocery store.

Two hours later, I was back at the apartment making some lunch for the boys and myself. I wasn't making anything exciting. I had a pot of potato soup on the stove and a plate of roast beef and swiss cheese sandwiches.

"Something smells great," I heard Marc say as the boys walked through the door. "I bet it's better than your cooking Brandon."

"Pfft, whatever," Brandon replied. "Nothing is better than my cooking."

Marc snorted, "Yea my favorite meal is spaghetti. Oh wait that's all you make."

"I take pride in my spaghetti making skills," Brandon replied with a proud voice.

I walked out of the kitchen, "you boys can go eat if you want. It's just sandwiches and soup."

Both boys smiled at me before dropping their hockey gear and heading for the kitchen. I shook my head and went to my room to get some applications filled out so that I could go to school. I spent at least three hours filling out papers before I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

"Hey," Marc said, while opening the door, "you've been in here awhile. You ok?"

"Yea," I looked at him with a smile, "I'm just filling out applicatiions. I need to get back to school before you kick me out."

Marc blinked several times; confussion written all over his face. "I would never-"

I shook my head and smile. "I was joking."

"Oh," Marc looked down, his face going red with embarrassment. "Anyways, I came to see if you wanted to come with Brandon and I to Avery's place. He's having some people over to celebrate the start of the season or something."

"Um, I don't know." I looked at the papers in front of me. "I should really get these finished." I was trying to think up an excuse not to go. I didn't really want to go to a house full of hockey players, especially when I didn't know anyone.

"You've been working on those all day," Marc complained. "Just come, it'll be fun."

"I won't know anyone," I said. "And I'll feel out of place."

Marc smiled, "you'll meet people there. I'll stick around you until you feel comfortable too."

"Fine," I sighed, finally giving in. It wasn't hard to persuade me.

"Great," Marc said, "We are leaving at 9. Be ready." With that he left me alone.