Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

forty-two

Once we were situated in our hotel, Jordan and I headed over to Eric and Tanya's place. I was really happy to see them again. The only thing I didn't want was for them to ask about my new scars.

"How have you been?" Tanya asked once we were inside. "Jordan said you've been busy with work and stuff."

"Yea," I nodded. "Nothing too crazy, just working and spending quality time with the boys."

"I almost believe you when you say quality," Tanya laughed. "I bet it's more like you cook and they hang out."

"Well, maybe a little bit," I smiled and laughed a long with her.

"You do not cook every time you are hanging out with us," Jordan defended.

"Really?" I looked at Jordan. "When was the last time I didn't cook for you guys?"

"You know," Jordan said. "Like two weeks ago. Or maybe it was two months ago."

"Jord, the only time I am with one of you guys and I don't cook is when I'm hanging out with just Max," I told him. "Even Letang has me cooking for him."

"I wonder why you never cook when you're at Max's," Jordan said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

I could feel my cheeks go red.

"What?" Tanya looked at me with wide eyes.

"I don't get it," Eric said with a frown.

"Let me put it this way," Jordan said, looking at his brother. "Brylyn and Max sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage-"

"How old are you, like five?" I shook my head at Jordan. "What Jordan means to say is that Max and I have been dating since July. It's not a big deal, Jord is just crazy."

"That's so exciting," Tanya smiled. "I'm so happy for you. If you need anything just call. I mean it. If Max is on a road trip and you are lonely just give me a call, I'll talk to you."

"Thanks, Tanya," I said. "But enough about me, what have you been up to?"

"Oh, you know, same old same old," Tanya shrugged. "Just trying to keep this place clean and look after the two kids."

"What?" I was taken aback. "Two kids?"

"Yea, Eric and Parker," she explained.

"Oh," I smiled, understanding what she meant. "It must be a whole lot worse than trying to keep on persons place clean."

"You would know?" Tanya questioned.

"I clean up after Letang," I said, with a nod. "It's a pain. Sometimes I feel like I moved in just so that he would have someone to cook and clean for him. Not that his apartment is a disaster, like Jordan's, but it's bad enough."

"Is Jordy's place bad?" Tanya asked.

Eric and I burst out laughing. "It most definitely is," I said between laughs.

"It is not," Jordan said with a pout.

"Really Jord? I can barely find the bathroom, your place is such a mess," I shook my head.

"Liar," Jordan said.

"I am not," I said. "And you know it."

"I feel insulted," Jordan said. He put his hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt by my words.

Tanya, Eric and I just laughed and shook our heads at Jordan.