Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

five

"Let's go!" Marc called through the house at me.

"Je viens," I muttered before I yelled, "I'll be right there. I'm just putting shoes on." I slipped on my sneakers and closed my bedroom door on my way out.

"Finally," Marc exclaimed when I came out of the hallway. "Nice outfit."

I looked at what I was wearing. A pair of faded straight leg jeans held up by a white belt and a white tank top with a pale orange zip-up sweater. My sneakers were purple. "Uh, thanks, I think," I replied with bit of a frown.

"Not dressing up?" Brandon asked as he walked into the room.

I shook my head, "I have no reason to. I didn't even want to come."

"Oh," Brandon said, "well in that case, let's head out."

Within 15 minutes we were walking towards Sean Avery's front door. I had no idea what to expect, seeing as I didn't go to many parties, let alone any hockey parties. When the door opened I was engulfed in a hug. I hated hugs, they just weren't for me. I squirmed out of the arms that were around me and looked at the person. He looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to his face. "Hi," I muttered.

"Brylyn," he replied, "we are so happy you came!"

I just nodded because I didn't know what to say. I wasn't shy. I was just not loud and obnoxious around new people. I liked people to get to know my quiet side before I trusted them enough to know that I am full of energy.

"Mike," Brandon said from my right, "just let us in."

Mike moved to the side, letting us slide through the doorway and make our way to the living room where the other boys were.

"Who was that?" I quietly asked Marc.

He gave a light laugh before answering. "Michael Del Zotto. You met him when you first got here."

"Oh," I replied with a nod. "I totally forgot his name."

Marc shrugged it off and lead me around the room introducing me to people. I knew I would never remember their names, so I gave them all a nod and said hi.

About an hour into the party, there was a knock at the door. No-one moved, then a second knock came. Since I hadn't been drinking, I went to answer the door. When I opened it I found three boys standing infront of me. "Can I help you?" I asked.

A tall boy with blonde hair and blue eyes was standing in the middle. He stuck out his hand, "hi, I'm Jordan. I'm looking for my brother Marc."

I shook his hand and told him I'd be right back. I made my way to where Marc was sitting and looked at him. "Marc, your brother is here. Looking for you, I think."

Marc's eyes got wide and a smile spread across his face. "Jordan?" I nodded. "Come on Brylyn, I want you to meet him." He dragged me off towards the front door. "Jordan!" he exclaimed once he saw his brother. "I want you to meet someone. This is Brylyn. She's staying with Brandon and I so she can go to school." He pulled me in front of himself and smiled at his brother.

"Hi," I said giving him a smile.

"Nice to meet you," Jordan replied with a goofy grin. "These are my teammates Kris and Tyler."
Both Kris and Tyler shook my hand as we exchanged hellos. "You can call me TK." Tyler told me.

"Ok," I replied with a grin.

Several hours later, Jordan, Tyler, Kris, Marc and I made our way to Marc's apartment. Brandon was staying at Sean's place. On the way back home, I found out that Jordan, Tyler and Kris played for Pittsburgh's NHL team.

"Do you boys want anything to eat?" I asked when we walked through the door.

The boys nodded at me and I made my way to the kitchen to make some pasta and cheese sauce. When it was finished I called for the four of them to come and eat.

"This is amazing!" Kris said with a huge smile on his face.

"Uh, thanks," I replied. "It's nothing special. Just some pasta and melted cheese."

"I wish I could cook like this," Tyler piped in. "Then I wouldn't go out as much."

"TK," Jordan said, "even if you could cook, you'd go out just as much because you are lazy."

"True," Tyler replied with a laugh, "but if I could cook then I'd actually get some nutrition in my system."

I laughed along with everyone else, then got up to do the dishes. Marc stopped me before I got farther than three steps away. "You're not doing dishes," he said giving me a stern look. "These three are guests, they will do them. You go to bed, you're probably exhausted."

I nodded. I didn't feel like arguing tonight. "Thanks," I replied before turning to the other three hockey players. "It was nice meeting you three." With that I walked to my room changed into pyjamas and went to bed.