Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

fifty-three

The day after Christmas, Max and I flew home. I really enjoyed meeting his parents. Although his mom was a bit nosy and made things awkward at times.

"Did you have fun?" Max asked, as we left the airport.

"I did," I smiled. "Your parents are great."

"I know," Max said, pulling me against his side. "Who did you call for a ride?"

"Jord," I said, leaning my head against his shoulder. "He'll probably be like an hour late or something."

"Why did you call him?" Max asked.

"Because he is the only one in the city," I replied. "Everyone else is flying in later tonight."

"Sid's here," Max reminded me.

"Oh," I looked down at my feet. "I forgot about him."

Max started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I moved away from him.

"You are probably the only person who will forget about Sidney Crosby," Max said, continuing to laugh.

I smiled and shook my head, knowing that Max was probably right.

"You know," Max said. He had finally stopped laughing. "We could have walked back faster than this."

"I know," I said. "I'm sorry. I really had no idea who else to call."

"It's ok, really," Max told me. "But if Staalsy doesn't get here soon, I'm going to freeze."

"We can go back inside," I said.

"We could," Max agreed. "But I just saw Staalsy's SUV."

"Finally," I said, as Jordan pulled up in front of us. I hopped in the front seat while Max got in the back.

"What took you so long?" Max asked.

"I might have forgotten where I was supposed to pick you up," Jordan admitted.

"We flew to and from Montreal," I said. "Where else would you pick us up?"

"I don't know, but I wasn't really listening when you told me where to pick you up," Jordan told us.

"Had some girl in the apartment again?" Max said.

Jordan went red. "No."

"Right," I chuckled, shaking my head. "How was Christmas?"

"It was good," Jordan said. "Too bad I couldn't have stayed longer."

"I know that feeling," Max said.

"How is Marc?" I inquired.

"Good, good," Jordan said. "Not much has changed with him, although he was complaining about how Brandon and him suck at cooking compared to you."

"That would make sense," I laughed. "I paid good money to learn how to cook."

"That's true," Jordan said. "And I, for one, am glad you did."

"Thanks, Jord," I said. "Do you know if Marc would let me stay there again?"

"Without a doubt," Jordan nodded. "Why? Are you going to New York again?"

"I've been thinking about going back to school for a bit," I replied.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind," Jordan said. "As long as you cook for him."

"Of course," I smiled. "Maybe I'll start applying when I get to Letang's."

"Why do you call it Letang's place?" Jordan asked. "You live there too."

"I don't know," I said with a small frown. "Probably because it was his place first and that's what I used to call it before I moved in. Old habits are hard to break."

"Isn't that the true," Jordan said, pulling in front of Max's place.