Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

fifty-five

I opened the door and headed to my room to find Kris and Jordan going through my clothes.

"Can I help you?" I asked, standing in the doorway. Jordan and Kris jumped a little.

"I thought you had to work," Kris said, raising an eyebrow.

"Barb called on my way over," I told them. "Her dad is in the hospital, so she closed down the restaurant until Thursday."

"Great," Jordan said.

"Excuse me?" I looked at Jordan like he lost his mind.

"It's not great that her dad is in the hospital," Jordan said after thinking about his comment. "I meant that now you can come watch the game."

"I guess I could," I shrugged. "Seeing as I don't really feel like cleaning up the mess you two made with my clothes."

"We found something for you to wear," Jordan said, smiling like I had given him an ice cream cone.

"I can't wait," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Come on, Brylyn," Kris said. "It's not that bad. Why don't you have faith in us?"

"Let's see," I said. "Jordan is probably the most childish grown-up I've ever met and something about you wanting to put together an outfit scares me a little bit."

"I resent that," Jordan said with a frown.

"Jord, I meant it in the best possible way," I told him. "It's what makes you you."

"Oh," Jordan went back to smiling. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," I said before turning back to Kris.

"You will love it," Kris said with a smile. "You just wait."

"Where is it?" I asked.

"You can"t see it yet," Kris said, walking out of my room with Jordan in tow. "You'll see it after the game."

"Fine," I said, going into my room, which was now a disaster.

"Drive yourself over to the rink," Kris instructed me. "I'm going with Staalsy. I'll make sure there is a ticket waiting for you, ok?"

"Sounds great, Letang," I said before closing my door to change into something different for the game. I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a black tank top before pulling on the jersey that Kris had given me for Christmas. I left my hair in the tight bun I wore it in for work and slipped on a pair of black sneakers.

I walked to Kris' car and got in, tossing my phone, iPod, and wallet onto the passengers seat. I drove out of the parking lot and made my way to the arena to watch the game